Wine and Kitty Cats

Wine and Kitty Cats

After we left the goats to their drinking games, we set off for our two favorite wineries. First, we went to Preston. It’s a winery as well as an organic farm and part-time bakery (they make an outstanding sourdough bread on Tuesdays and Fridays). It’s also a fun place for a picnic or just a walk around their property.

The welcoming committee greeted us at the entrance.
Luckily, it was too early in the day for crowds.
We hadn’t been to Preston in a year or more, so we began with a walk around the grounds.

There is a huge garden. It doesn’t look like much this time of year as it’s the end of the season. There were at least three more patches just like this one with cabbage, okra and lots of herbs.

There’s also a Bocce court.

Lots of shabby chic furniture is placed around the property, some in tranquil garden niches.

And I found this blue bench.

I wanted to take it home with me. It matches my toe nails!

Check out the creative use of these old French doors by the Bocce court.

In front of the wine room, they had produce for sale.

Oh yeah. They had wine for sale, too!
You’re never alone at Preston.
Until some new visitors with food show up. Then you’re forgotten and ignored.
Bill saved a big moth, or whatever that is (locust?) from a certain death either by cat, shoes or suffocating in the wet grass.
I think you can see why Preston is one of our favorite wineries. The wine is delicious, the produce is fresh and organic, the bread – when they have it – is addicting, and the kitties are cute, curious, affectionate and playful.
 Our visit to our second favorite winery coming up later….

1. August 17, 2010 / 6:03 am

You are so kind and sweet Adrienne 🙂 Thank you. This winery looks like heaven on earth. If I didn’t know where you lived, I’d swear the photos look like France.

2. August 17, 2010 / 6:11 am

Cats, wine and organic food! What could be better than that? Love it. Lisa

3. August 17, 2010 / 9:37 am

Thanks for visiting my blog; I love yours and read it regularly.

4. August 17, 2010 / 11:36 am

I had no idea Preston had so many sweet kitties roaming around! What a great day!

5. August 17, 2010 / 11:46 am

Stephanie,

I am glad to know that you are moving through your grief and learning more about yourself.

And I agree that Sonoma county resembles France – or what I’ve seen in pictures. I’ve only been to Paris but hope to see the Provence region someday. I’m thinking I will see lots of similarities.

I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. Sometimes I take it for granted. Keeping this blog helps to remind me to appreciate my surroundings.

Lisa, Chrissy, Cherie and Debra,

Isn’t Preston something else? I want to live there amongst all that “farminess” (I know that’s not a word, but it should be).

6. August 17, 2010 / 6:49 pm

Well done, little one 🙂 jan

7. August 18, 2010 / 2:33 am

Gorgeous place, and I adore the cat-ambassadors (catbassadors).

Someone I know has rigged up an arrangement like the French doors around her vege garden. It keeps the wind away and acts like a hot-house. She loves it!

8. August 18, 2010 / 1:32 pm

WOW, I am drooling over this post ! Love the colors – Looks like it was the perfect day !
    We went to California last April but did not make it to Sonoma – now I have to go back !!