Spooky Paris Photos (sort of)

Spooky Paris Photos (sort of)

I’m beyond excited to be home! I missed you all and thank you for your kind messages on my birthday and our anniversary. Being away for three weeks made me realize how important this blog is to me. It’s a terrific creative outlet and vehicle for learning, growing and self-improving. It also helps me to focus on the positive things in life. But above all, it’s allowed me to ‘meet’ some fantastic and dynamic women that I otherwise would never communicate with. And for that I am grateful.

I have much to share with you but it will have to wait because I could not let Halloween go by without posting a few moderately spooky pictures of Cimetière du Père-Lachaise that we took on the 26th.

They would have been much spookier if it hadn’t been so darn sunny that day.

Gorgeous fall colors all around.
Bill’s favorite headstone
This made me very sad….
I’m heading for the cemetery kitty on the right. Can you see her?
She wasn’t interested…

J.B. Clèment wrote the lyrics to a popular political song
called Le Temps des Cerises back in 1866.

I won’t show you Jim Morrison’s or Edith Piaf’s because I don’t want to ruin it if you haven’t been.  Also, there is a section of the cemetery that has several memorials of the Holocaust that are moving to say the least.

Here’s a tip if you go: Don’t be a fool like me and wear pumps. Pumps and cobblestones don’t mix well. Thank goodness for benches!

Happy Halloween!

1. October 31, 2010 / 7:49 am

Glad your home A! Aren’t you glad you went!? Cannot wait to see your photos. Much to discuss!

The photos are killer and I want to see Morrison’s and Paif’s headstones. Bet they’re covered with flowers…

2. Lovely post and so appropriate for Halloween. I also learnt about heels and cobblestones since living in Spain. Can’t tell you how many heels I have ruined since living here 🙁

3. October 31, 2010 / 11:09 am

I gave up on heels when sightseeing long ago.

Cemeteries are great places to visit and Cimetière du Père-Lachaise appears to be one of the better ones…

4. October 31, 2010 / 11:10 am

…but (to clarify) that doesn’t mean I wear sneakers or anything ugly like that.

5. October 31, 2010 / 12:25 pm

Great pics and welcome home! Glad you made it back safe!

I slipped on wet cobblestone on my 40th birthday and fell on my butt! (and no, I wasn’t drunk) 🙂

6. Charlene
    October 31, 2010 / 2:07 pm

Glad you got home okay. I know you must have had a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
    (I had on the wrong kind of shoes when I visited Pere-Lachaise too. The cobblestones seemed worse there than anywhere else, but the cimitiere was so interesting. Your pictures were really good.)

7. October 31, 2010 / 5:57 pm

Welcome back! Love these photos and look forward to more from your trip.

8. November 1, 2010 / 5:01 am

Thanks for those pics- can’t wait to see the cemetery in person, when I make it to Paris! karin

9. November 1, 2010 / 5:26 am

Thanks for sharing the photos. I haven’t been to Père-Lachaise but want to on my next visit. Glad you’re home safe and sound and looking forward to more pics and stories.

10. November 1, 2010 / 6:10 am

Thank you all. I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!