October in Kenwood

October in Kenwood

Exactly one year ago today Bill and I boarded a plane bound for Rome. We had an incredible three week trip in Europe to celebrate our ten year anniversary. Has it really been twelve months already?

First night in Rome. 10/11/10

Nearly every October since we met has been spent out of town; some years we spend a few weeks away, some years several days. This year we’re staying put. It’s been ages since we’ve seen the October beauty around our picturesque and bucolic town of Kenwood.

Sunday, Bill and I took the camera and went out to capture some of Sonoma Valley wine country’s finest before it’s gone until next year. I want to share some shots with all of you. Maybe I can entice you to come for a visit!

Seth Rogan and his new wife were married at Kunde Winery two weekends ago.

We stopped by a friend’s property to see his beautiful vineyards.

He has some very old vines. See how gnarly and big they are?

I couldn’t resist picking a small bunch…

They were juicy, sweet and full of flavor.

On our way home, we passed Kenwood Depot, the old train station where Bill and I had our wedding reception in 2001, three months after we eloped to Maui. Years later, I taught an exercise class here….I have many fond memories of this place.

Not included are the many wineries in Kenwood. For a peek at some of those, go here, here and here.

I hope you enjoyed our little tour of our quaint village.

1. October 11, 2011 / 6:29 am

Beautiful!! I suspect we will see a lot more since Ben is the new Bachelor!

2. October 11, 2011 / 7:03 am

These photo’s are absolutely gorgeous! Me and my friend usually do our annual trip to the Niagara Bench (our wine country) in August to do some serious shopping for the winter, but we have never gone in the fall. This is such a great idea.

3. October 11, 2011 / 7:03 am

We really do live in beautiful place! Gorgeous photos! I can’t wait for the grape vines to turn golden and orange.

4. October 11, 2011 / 7:12 am

Sonoma and Napa are so beautiful in the Fall. It’s been a couple years since we stayed up there, I would love to visit again soon but we’re still saving for our March 2012 vacation to London and Paris.

5. October 11, 2011 / 7:47 am

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since you were in Italy and France… Happy Anniversary! (we just had our 15th last week) As I recall you also have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks!

Tony got some beautiful close up shots of the grapes when we were there. Funny that Kunde was our last stop before we headed for home.

6. October 11, 2011 / 8:39 am

I can almost taste those gorgeous grapes… Mmm…

Apropos of nothing at all (hee hee), I’m going to a writers conference in Birmingham, AL, this weekend. It’s for writers and illustrators of children’s books (including the Young Adult category I so adore) and I’m hoping it will help me sustain my drive to Finally. Finish. My. Manuscript.

Maybe a sabbatical to some lovely wine country out west would be just the setting I need to knock this puppy out, hmmm? ;D

7. October 11, 2011 / 9:04 am

I would love to go up there again and spend a few more days, it’s a beautiful part of Northern California! xxoo 🙂

8. October 11, 2011 / 9:08 am

Beautiful photos! I love Sonoma – it’s one of my favorite places in the world. Those grapes look delicious..

9. October 11, 2011 / 9:26 am

Lovely post and beautiful photographs Adrienne…time flies…Rome is one of my favourite cities!
    Catherine
    xx

10. October 11, 2011 / 9:56 am

Absolutely beautiful!!!! You live in such a gorgeous area of our country!!!! Happy Anniversary!

11. October 11, 2011 / 4:47 pm

Gorgeous pics! I love the sight of rows and rows of vines with plump grapes hanging from them.
    I also that bracelet(s?) you are wearing! Do tell…
    Happy Anniversary to you and Bill!
    R

12. October 11, 2011 / 7:29 pm

Dearest Adrienne,

Happy anniversary to you both! Got home late from Atlanta from a meeting with the Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce|Southeastern United States.
    Glad we got home before it started pouring down. All day it drizzled.
    But you for sure enjoyed the day and those grapes look so juicy and perfect!
    Love to you,

Mariette

13. October 12, 2011 / 5:04 am

I love to see grapes growing. When I read “kenwood” I thought of our own local Kenwood, which is a large mansion in the middle of Hampstead Heath, full of art treasures. When you come to London you’l have to visit, obviously! 🙂

14. October 12, 2011 / 5:30 am

What a beautiful part of the world you live in; you lucky girl.
    Sometimes we never really appreciate where we are. I only got to appreciate the UK after I left 🙁 Not the best way to do it.

15. October 12, 2011 / 8:15 am

You live in such a gorgeous area, you are very lucky! Happy Anniversary!

16. October 13, 2011 / 9:57 am

What a beautiful place! I can see why you’d choose to stay home this time. Beautiful pix, too!!