Valentine’s Day and Gifts from Friends

Valentine’s Day and Gifts from Friends
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
My thoughtful husband took the day off work to spend today with me. We are going to a town not far from us to sightsee, window shop, eat great food and drink a little wine.

I may wear this get up.

It was inspired by this one.

Banana Republic

However, it rained yesterday and I am afraid I’ll get my white jeans dirty. I’ve been so good about keeping them stain-free all these months. I’ll likely play it safe and wear blue jeans instead.

But for dinner tonight, there is no debate. The $5.00 dress is out of the shop and I’ll be wearing it out this evening for the very first time.

Yesterday, I went to lunch with Giacomo. He brought this vintage Berlitz Italian language guide for travelers for me to use for our upcoming Italy trip. It’s from 1954. Isn’t it darling?

I think this chapter will come in handy if we happen to go to Milan. I am excited to start reviewing it.

“When You Go Shopping”

After lunch, I stopped off at my post office box. Much to my surprise, there was package there addressed not to me, but to Coco and Daisy. Who could be sending them Valentine’s Day gifts?

None other than Dolce and High Heeled Life! As soon as I got home, I opened the package. For me, there was a fun notepad, purse and handbag shaped chocolates, tea, and a card.

Coco and Daisy also received a sweet card and doggie cookies! Before I let them have a taste of the biscuits, one of them needed to put on a Valentine’s Day sweater for some photo ops.

I bought this sweater ages ago when Daisy was a pup. Good for her…it’s still fits 😉

If this had been custom made for Daisy, it would read “Food”, “Food” and “Food”

The cookies were a big hit. I gave some pieces to Louie, Murphy and of course Coco, too.  Thank you HHL and cute little Dolce for your fun and thoughtful gifts.

Also in the mail, was my newest issue of Harper’s Bazaar. My friend and reader, Linda, who you may recognize as LRS4Amanda, gave me a year’s subscription. I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I even read a high fashion magazine. I spent a good hour drooling over all the incredible fashions for Spring 2012 and Gwyneth’s hot bod.

Thank you, Linda! Tori thanks you, too. She loves to read it.

Last week, I received a tin of Flying Bird Botanicals Lavender and Mint Cacao from Suburban Princess.

It’s not very sweet, which I like, and has an earthy and subtle mint flavor. Plus, it’s organic and fair trade. Thank you, SP! You are such a dear to me.

My friend Jill of Everything Just So sent me an adorable Valentine’s Day card. It’s so cute I want to frame it!

I am so very fortunate to have received such thoughtful and generous gifts from lovely, lovely friends.  The material gifts are so wonderful, I love them all. But the sentiments behind them are what I truly cherish and what mean the most to me. I feel very rich, indeed.

Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day?
Please share what they are!
XOXO,

1. February 14, 2012 / 4:55 am

First, I love that pink coat!! And, I come bearing gifts as well, YOU WON MY CONTEST and walk away with a fabulous pink clutch and beautiful red coral necklace…CONGRATULATIONS!!! They will look gorgeous on you!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

2. February 14, 2012 / 5:56 am

What fabulous gifts! And your pups are so cute!!! I love the look with the pink trench and white jeans, but I know what you mean about not wanting to get them dirty. Hope you and Bill have a wonderful day!

3. February 14, 2012 / 6:15 am

That dog sweater is amazing. When we lived in NY, I used to knit crazy sweaters for our dogs. I loved it.
    I hope you and Bill have a wonderful, sweet, and restful Valentine’s Day. Have a carb for dinner! xo K

4. February 14, 2012 / 6:53 am

Ah, what a picture-perfect dress. Daisy looks so stylish in that pink sweater. What a kind and thoughtful friend you have in Linda. How sweet of Suburban Princess to send you Cacoa;-)
    Happy Valentines.xx

5. February 14, 2012 / 6:54 am

Wow! Such lovely gifts! It looks like you will have a wonderful Valentine’s day!

6. February 14, 2012 / 7:04 am

Your hot pink coat is gorgeous, Adrienne! the best part is your husband wanting to spend the day with you — that’s what I love about any holiday : > And your doggies are too adorable!

7. February 14, 2012 / 7:35 am

Adrienne, I adore the trench! Even if you wear black or gray pants it will still look fab. And congrats on winning the necklace and clutch!

8. February 14, 2012 / 8:02 am

What a sweet a husband you have to take the whole day off to be with you. Sounds like a fun adventure!

Have a fun day!
    Kim:)

9. February 14, 2012 / 8:04 am

Love your outfit today and quite perfect for a day in the vineyards…next to Tuscany maybe, I think your area is about the best place on earth to spend Valentine’s day. Our time spent there was way too short, but we loved every minute of it. I adore your thrift dress that you will be wearing to dinner tonight. Wish I could find one just like it! Enjoy your day and your evening!
    annie

10. February 14, 2012 / 8:10 am

I’m not surprised love is being heaped upon you, that is what you share with all of us! Happy Valentine’s Day to you and Bill. Loving the hot pink coat, btw, and of course the nude colored dress is so yowza on you. You wear it well! XO, Jill

11. February 14, 2012 / 8:31 am

Great job on duplicating that outfit! And the dress will be absolutely perfect for dinner, it’s so feminine and a great color for Valentine’s.

You are more than welcome for the magazine. I’m glad that Tori is enjoying it as well. Gwyneth does have a rockin’ bod doesn’t she?

How sweet that Bill is taking V-day off. Have a great time today and tonight…

Cute doggy pics! 🙂

12. February 14, 2012 / 8:34 am

P.S. You do have a thoughtful bunch of blog friends. What nice gifts you received. But you deserve them!

13. February 14, 2012 / 9:03 am

I love the pink coat! I have one on my wish list that I planned to purchase this spring. (Will post on my blog because I can’t figure out how to put it in this post.) Now seeing yours, I think I will move it up. It is on sale right now.

I love the white jeans outfit and the dress. I have been thinking about white jeans in the winter. I think it is a fun “out of the box” thing to do. You have inspired me! I have a couple of trips planned in warmer weather which will be perfect for the look!

Thanks for sharing such fun ideas. You truly have great vision and style.

14. February 14, 2012 / 10:25 am

Happy Valentine’s Day Adrienne! I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband today. Both the day time outfit and the dress are beautiful!

15. February 14, 2012 / 11:50 am

Happy Valentine’s Day!

16. February 14, 2012 / 12:24 pm

Daisy is too cute! Sounds like a fab day with Bill. I’m off sick and spent the day in bed. Always a good thing.

TDM xx

17. February 14, 2012 / 5:42 pm

Hope you had a great Valentine’s Day.

I like your outfit better than the BR one. You look lovely.

XOXO

18. February 14, 2012 / 7:51 pm

Oh, I like your variation on the Banana Republic look. VD is a perfect occasion for the pink dress. And, yes, blogging leads to interesting friendships…and to cute pics of fashionista pups.

19. February 14, 2012 / 8:47 pm

Lovely gifts!! Aww, I wish I had such cool friends too!!

20. February 15, 2012 / 6:04 am

Love the pink coat! Hope you had a wonderful day!

21. February 15, 2012 / 7:59 am

I love all your pictures: the outfits, the gifts, that to-die-for dress on the cover of Harper’s, the lavender hot chocolate (oooh, I’m going to work on a recipe this afternoon). You deserve all the loveliness friends heaped on you for V Day!

22. February 15, 2012 / 8:03 am

Gorgeous outfit with the white pants! But probably smart not to risk it! And the doggie sweater is too, too cute!!! Sounds like you had a lovely day!

23. February 15, 2012 / 11:23 pm

Your $5 dress is perfect! What did you end up having done to it – just hemming?
    And your gift/prize cup “runneth” over – it’s your good vibe.
    Cheers!