Bodega Bay Weekend

Bodega Bay Weekend

It’s a beautiful Monday morning and I am having coffee in the RV as I write this post. We spent the weekend in Bodega Bay and attended the annual Fisherman’s Festival. We spent time with friends, went for walks, played with the dogs and got a little sun…a fantastic weekend.

Here is the view outside our window. It’s so peaceful here.

We planned to go home last night, but since Bill was able to take a day off this week, having spent four days out of town on a work-related emergency last week, we stayed put and will be getting in one more day of R & R at the coast.

Striped GAP button-down, Banana Republic shorts,
black ballet flats, black crew neck sweater, leopard belt, lots bracelets and bangles.

The weather experts said it would be 80 degrees on Saturday in Bodega Bay, so gullible me wore shorts.

They were wrong. It was no where near 80 degrees out. More like 60, and very, very windy. We still had a great time even though I had goose bumps and my teeth were chattering most of the day.

We are off to take the dogs for a walk and enjoy a few more hours of fresh, salt air before we head back to reality.

Please don’t forget about tomorrow’s “How I Wear My: Scarf” post.

Jill of Everything Just So and I would love to feature YOU wearing your favorite scarf. You can wear it any way you like – around your head, on your handbag, as a belt –  feel free to get creative.  You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, but if you are we will link to you.

1. April 30, 2012 / 8:16 am

Love your outfit and so glad you’re having some well deserved R&R. How unusual that the weather report was wrong 🙂 xo

2. April 30, 2012 / 8:41 am

I love your outfit! It looks so pretty and sunny…sorry it’s not summer temps too!

3. April 30, 2012 / 9:11 am

I can almost smell the fresh air from these lovely pics. You look wonderful and so happy!

4. April 30, 2012 / 10:00 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Gorgeous photos. I love your look even if you were freezing!

5. April 30, 2012 / 11:10 am

Bodega Bay…didn’t they film “The Birds” there? I love the outfit, very stylish. I would love to participate in the scarf thing but honestly, I own exactly ONE silk scarf and it is probably large enough for me to wear as a sarong. Seriously. If I can figure out how to be fashionable with it I’ll join in! Blessings–Lina

6. April 30, 2012 / 11:49 am

Looks like such a great time! I wish I looked as good as you do in shorts…cute outfit! See you tomorrow for scarf fun!

7. April 30, 2012 / 12:03 pm

What a gorgeous setting!!!! Bummer about the weather (it was warmer down here in SoCal than the weather report) You look fabulous!

Jules

8. April 30, 2012 / 12:59 pm

So happy to hear your weekend was enjoyable! Your look is beautiful for you!

9. April 30, 2012 / 1:26 pm

Hey! How are you? I noticed in my google analytics I got a lot of traffic from your site. Did you post a link to my blog? If so thanks so much!! I love reading your posts!!
    Sharon

10. April 30, 2012 / 2:06 pm

Love that outfit! xx

11. April 30, 2012 / 3:23 pm

That’s fantastic that you got to take an extra day to relax.
    I think you guys probably deserve that right about now!

12. April 30, 2012 / 4:29 pm

You look great in your outfit, looks like a fun time. I read your post about your lump scare. That had to be terrifying. I am glad it turned out okay and I think it is great that we all need to be reminded to check ourselves more often.

13. April 30, 2012 / 7:03 pm

Having an RV is like having a boat.
    Load it up and get away for some R&R…
    great weekend fun.

It’s usually cold here on the water as there is always a breeze.
    I pack a fleece and socks even in summer.
    See you for the scarf post tomorrow!

14. April 30, 2012 / 7:53 pm

You’re looking very brave in your goosebumps! Our temps have fluctuated so much lately that it is hard to know how to dress most days. Looking forward to the scarf event.

15. Love your look. It’s so chic. We have 90 degrees today. You wouldn’t be able to pull off the blouse here today. So hot for May.

Just read your scarf post, too. Great ways people wear scarves. I wore them in the 90s a lot, but haven’t gotten back into the trend except with a winter coat for warmth.

Glad you got a little R and R.

Leigh

16. May 3, 2012 / 11:43 am

Dear A, do you have any idea how you look simultaneously adorable and sophisticated in the same outfit? I love this black and white pairing and classic silhouette. So chic and casually elegant.

Whenever you post about your visits to Bodega Bay, I always think of The Birds and Tippi. She had the best smug expressions in that movie. 🙂