For a many reasons, I am happy to say farewell to April. It was a rough month around here.
To welcome in the first week of May with open arms, I decided to post another Positively Friday, reviewing all the good stuff that happened this week.
Here are a few things that have made this week positive:
1) My friend and neighbor, Gloria, invited me to go thrifting with her. Tuesday, we ventured into Santa Rosa to the Assistance League Thrift Shop on Sixth Street. Gloria had a coupon that she let me use when I bought four necklaces, a picture frame, a silk scarf and two skirts, all for $19.00! Thank you, Gloria! I had a wonderful time with you. Let’s do it again soon.
We also visited my usual haunt, Goodwill on Fourth Street, where I found this Velvet brand polka dot dress for just $6.99.
It’s very soft, in great condition and the material has two layers so it drapes nicely.
On cooler days, I can wear it with a denim jacket.
|Tori’s Denim jacket from Forever 21.|
I decided to resurrect the half-up-bun. It’s been awhile since I’ve worn my hair this way. I had forgotten how much I like it.
2) I visited my 99-year-old client, Anna, on Wednesday. She answered the door in a crisp white peasant blouse and cornflower blue shorts. She looked darling and so vibrant. I’ve decided from now on, I will never question whether or not I am too old to wear shorts again.
3) Our local Kenwood strawberry patch is open for business!
The family who plants, maintains, picks and sells the berries works extremely hard. I can only imagine how much my back and knees would hurt after picking berries all day.
|Strawberry fields forever!|
Whatever variety of berry they plant is sweet, juicy and far, far better than any strawberry you would find at the supermarket.
I am already buying loads of berries to clean and freeze for future smoothies.
4) According to the forecast, the last rainfall of the season visited us this week. This makes me sad because I love rain; I wish we had more of it around here.
Thursday, I took my favorite rainy day gear for one last spin: Guy de Jean umbrella, Calvin Klein rain trench, and Hunter boots.
I bought this blush and black striped boatneck top for around $10.00 on sale and black skinny jeans, both from Gap. I have been very happy with Gap clothes this season. Anyone else wearing a lot of Gap these days?
5) Our dogwood trees are blooming and the front yard is looking so colorful and lush.
I do love how colorful nature is this time of year.
6) Thursday, I met with a breast health specialist who gave me my final clean bill of health. She also discussed the possibility of my having genetic testing to see if I carry the gene that causes hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. I have to take a class first, fill out paperwork, then meet with her again in three months. Has anyone had any experience with the BRAC test? I have so many questions. I suppose that is the reason for the class.
7) Wednesday, one of my clients canceled on me and I found myself with two glorious and uninterrupted hours…alone. I chose to spend it watching the last two episodes of Mad Men. To me, this season got off to a slow start, but it’s really picking up speed now. I enjoyed seeing Julia Ormond play Megan’s mother. She is such a beauty.
I’m interested enough in this season that now, I may actually try to stay up late (10:00 p.m.) to watch Mad Men Sunday night. Wouldn’t that be something? I am really living on the edge here at The Rich Life.