Island Wear

Island Wear

Since I missed the last couple of Visible Mondays, I’m making up for it today with several outfits that I wore on my recent vacation to Kauai.

As I usually do, I packed more stuff than I needed. Looking back, I would have been fine wearing the following outfits plus another pair or two of shorts, a few tanks tops and my bikinis.

I wore a t-shirt and shorts to Anini Beach our first morning on the island when we stayed at a condo in Princeville. Because of the time difference, we woke up at 4:00 a.m. and decided to take a drive. We found this beautiful beach that we had all to ourselves.

While exploring, I found a heart-shaped piece of coral in the sand. This is a favorite photo from the trip.

We stopped off for lunch at The Grove Cafe in Waimea on the west coast on one of our last days in Kauai. It’s on the property of Waimea Plantation Cottages, a sprawling resort with dozens of charming, traditional Hawaiian bungalows for rent.
I wore a green and white strapless dress that I bought on sale for about $10. It’s not my favorite dress, but it was comfortable and appropriate for the island

We spent four of our 12 nights of vacation at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. At one of the shops, I bought this high low summer dress that I was very comfortable in and wore often. Since the weather here at home is in the 80’s right now, I may try to wear it again this week…in November!

This was taken on my 45th birthday in the lobby of the St. Regis Princeville, where we also stayed four nights (my favorite of the three places we stayed). We had sunset drinks on the hotel lounge’s patio then went to dinner at The Hanalei Dolphin about 10 minutes from Princeville. Best sushi of my life!

I bought this teal dress at a small boutique in Hanalei earlier in the day. It’s simple and makes me feel elegant, though strapless dresses drive me batty with all the tugging and readjusting.

We spent on of our first days of the trip hiking on the Kalalau Trail to Hanakai’ai Beach, where there are dozens upon dozens of rock stacks. We stopped to eat our packed lunch, then hiked the very challenging trail to Hanakai’ai Falls. It was gorgeous….worth the effort, the small emotional meltdown and two falls I had getting there.

Lululemon surf shorts, tank, hiking boots and a bikini.

As you might guess from my tan, this was one of our last days of vacation. We had spent the entire day at the beach and returned to our room to freshen up before heading off to dinner. I bought this thin cotton tunic/cover-up in Hanalei.

Tanning isn’t normally my thing. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like myself with a bit of color.

My tan is already fading and will be gone soon enough so in the meantime, I am wearing as many dresses, skirts and shorts as the weather around here will allow.

1. November 5, 2012 / 9:02 am

Sounds like a very relaxing holiday, Adrienne,. I bet your pups were glad to see you back though! Love the outfits you managed to pick up, especially the cover-up – great print.

2. November 5, 2012 / 9:20 am

You and your husband are such a gorgeous couple! Looks like a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!

3. November 5, 2012 / 9:48 am

What a fabulous vacation that must have been! I’ve been to Oahu and Maui, but not yet to Kaui. You look gorgeous and relaxed in every picture!

4. November 5, 2012 / 10:31 am

Wonderful vacation pics, Adrienne! You are a beach beauty (and your husband is a handsome one too : > ) thanks for sharing with Visible Monday xoxo.

5. November 5, 2012 / 10:38 am

What a fabulous time. The dresses are beautiful. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

6. November 5, 2012 / 11:17 am

Looks like you had a fabulous time! I spent a few weeks in Hawaii two summers ago and loved it! You look great as always! – Tonya

7. November 5, 2012 / 12:17 pm

Hi!
    Great pics Adrienne, as usual!

8. November 5, 2012 / 1:08 pm

It looks and sounds like a fabulous holiday. You look great in all the outfits, belated happy birthday.

9. November 5, 2012 / 3:56 pm

What a great time! I wish I could bronze up like you do. I think the most color I have ever had on vacation was a reddish bown tan after a week in Mexico. Looks like vacation worked well for you.

10. November 5, 2012 / 4:09 pm

I have said ths before and I’ll say it again….you have the best legs!

11. November 5, 2012 / 4:55 pm

My friend looks like a fabulous way to celebrate your birthday! You guys look great … and your tan is gorgeous!! Great photos! xo C. (HHL)

12. November 5, 2012 / 8:22 pm

You look great in all your outfits and you are one of the lucky ones that can get a beautiful tan. I remember being jealous of my sister when I was younger because she was always the gorgeous blonde with a tan. When I went to Mazatlan so many years ago in my 20’s I got a little tan but a ton of freckles along with it!

13. November 6, 2012 / 2:47 am

I have visited Kauai once, and I loved it! Looks like you guys had a beautiful time!

Brooke

P.S Love your dresses!

=)

14. November 6, 2012 / 3:36 am

Wow Adrienne. You were looking very chic and stylish on this holiday. Beautiful spots by the looks of these photos and very nice dresses. I agree about how great that photo is with the hand. Such a unique picture!

15. November 6, 2012 / 9:04 am

Looks like a relaxing and gorgeous trip! I love Kauai! I’m glad you had a fun birthday. You look so pretty in all the pictures. That tunic is fabulous.

Kim

16. November 6, 2012 / 12:02 pm

Yo, Adrienne! Happy belated 45, you gorgeous leggy lady you! Loving the frocks and the heart shaped coral- love is in the air, and soil and water it seems, on Kauai. Off to check out your post now. Happy Tuesday to you!

17. November 6, 2012 / 12:23 pm

You look fabulous in your holiday wardrobe – what an amazing holiday too! Happy Birthday!

18. November 6, 2012 / 1:42 pm

Love all your vacation dresses and looks like a wonderful time. What a great thing to do on your birthday. I missed you.

Carrie

19. Kim
    November 6, 2012 / 2:10 pm

I love the pictures, and you look even more beautiful with that tan.

20. November 7, 2012 / 6:09 am

Happy Birthday!!! Lovely photos of a lovely couple in a lovely location. 😀

21. November 7, 2012 / 6:13 am

Darling A ~ You look great in all the photos, beautiful, relaxed and happy. I particularly love the tunic/coverup you bought, great print. OK, now comes the mother in me….although you (and most people) look great tanned, it’s bad for you, as you know. A little bit, OK, but you know what I’m going to say.
    Forget about the damage in terms of aging if you want, but skin cancer is another thing. You’re grounded this weekend 🙂 All said with love and protection, and hope you understand. xoxo

22. November 7, 2012 / 7:03 am

You look relaxed and very chic. You always look like a model in a high end catalog. Perfect in every way.

23. November 12, 2012 / 5:15 am

great dress choices, it’s always so hard to look chic in the heat, well done x