Napa Fun!

Napa Fun!
Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I’m blogging from the comfort of the RV. The old gal needed to be taken out for a spin as she tends to have problems when we don’t get her motor running frequently enough, especially when it’s cold and damp out.

We picked Calistoga to spend our weekend. We knew the scenery would be beautiful this time of year and we weren’t mistaken.

On the Silverado Trail

Autumn at its finest….stuck to the windshield.

Vineyard outside Calistoga

For the first time, I wore a black leather jacket I bought in San Gimignano, Italy last May.

I love the quilting detail on the shoulders.

Boyfriend jeans, black Sebago oxfords, Banana Republic T-shirt,
dog carrier with adorable dog.

I really can’t believe how I lucked out on the sleeve length. It is such a great fit on me, it’s worth every euro.

While staying with a friend of mine from college and her family in Treviglio, Italy, I bought this Versace scarf.

Her friend runs a shop that sews high-end designer clothing from Milan. She happened to get several Versace scarves in that normally retail for over $300 on deep discount. She sold them for just 25 euros.

The silk is incredibly soft and the colors are so vibrant. For some reason they were made “seconds”. What that reason is I do not know. All I know is I am thrilled to have such a beautiful keepsake from our wonderful visit with my girlfriend.

The next day, we met Bill’s older brother and his wife for lunch at Rutherford Grill, a favorite restaurant of mine for nearly 20 years.

I used to go there with my father in my late 20’s, introduced it to my husband several years later, and now it’s become our go-to place for wonderful comfort food, excellent service in a comfortable and chic environment.

After lunch, we took the dogs to play at our favorite low-key Napa Valley winery, Rutherford Grove. We had the place to ourselves and let the dogs run free.

Inspired by this image on Pinterest, I wore white jeans, oatmeal colored sweater, cognac belt and cognac boots. It was a little chilly out so I brought along my trench.

Cutest little dogs….

Daisy, left and Coco.

And I am thrilled to be mentioned as one of The Budget Fashionistas “15 Bloggers Over 40” in their post yesterday. I am excited to be in such fantastically chic company.
Make it a great Monday!
And be sure to thank a veteran today for his or her selfless service to our country.

1. November 12, 2012 / 11:41 am

Always love a good road trip! The vineyards are beautiful, as are your lovely little puppies. Lucky for you on the scarf! Have a great week! – Tonya

2. November 12, 2012 / 12:02 pm

I like the gray leather jacket with gray oxfords, Tuscany is always a good place to buy leather..I was thinking of you today,I saw a heap of cashmere sweaters of every colour and style over here at 20-30, I bought one for me for just 9 €, it’s second hand, a wonderful gray and cream mélange cashmere yarn..it’s a bit large for me, but the cashmere yarn was so soft and beautiful..I’ll wear it as maxi sweater over leggings…

3. November 12, 2012 / 12:03 pm

How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Love the outfits too-especially the scarf. What an incredible price to pay you lucky lady xx

4. November 12, 2012 / 12:06 pm

I love your leather jacket, it was made for you. Love the entire outfit, in fact. Your two little darlings are so, so cute – really beautiful.I love the way small dogs run, mine makes me smile just thinking about him.

5. November 12, 2012 / 12:19 pm

Congratulations! I love oatmeal combo. What a great find on the scarf, too.

Hope you’ve had a delightful weekend. I”m tired from all the birthday partying.

Leigh

6. November 12, 2012 / 1:23 pm

They’re all beautiful pictures, you look fabulous! Great combination of leather jacket, boyfriend jeans and silk scarf, really love it! Have a great week xo

7. November 12, 2012 / 3:04 pm

Looks like a perfect getaway, Adrienne. Your scarf is indeed a treasure, what a great find. Love, love the leather jacket too. Thanks for sharing all the beauty with Visible Monday.

8. November 12, 2012 / 3:08 pm

The color of that scarf is smashing! A total splash of sunshine!

9. November 12, 2012 / 4:56 pm

Those are some great photos of you…and of Coco and Daisy too of course. You had some stunning outfits to wear. Sounds like you had a great little getaway. : )

10. November 12, 2012 / 8:48 pm

Your jacket looks great on you! Love the photo of the leaf on the windshield and your doggies…too cute!

11. Anonymous
    November 12, 2012 / 9:16 pm

I love your dogs.

My old pensioner girl dog is the joy of my life.

You look so healthy and happy.

Cheers

Sue

12. November 12, 2012 / 10:29 pm

I adore reading your blog… it is joy to see how much you enjoy life… I am thinking in taking my vacations next year and go to NAPA…

Warm hug from Mexico

13. November 13, 2012 / 4:32 am

I love your dogs, aren’t they cute? What a purchase too getting that silk scarf for such a bargain price, I collect silk scarves, that would have been like all my Christmasses had come at once. x

14. November 13, 2012 / 5:34 am

Beautiful pictures! Love the autumn feeling about it!

15. November 13, 2012 / 5:41 am

Your leather jacket is perfection. I love the quilting.
    All the photos are great and the dogs are so adorable.
    You really do live in such a beautiful part of the world.

16. Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 / 6:53 am

Loved both outfits ! I’m so jealous of your hair and height. Thank you for sharing your week-end with us and enjoy seeing your little fur babies !

17. November 13, 2012 / 7:41 am

Great outfits…that is a beautiful jacket and scarf! Looks like another great day in wine country.

It finally cooled off enough to wear my trench coat on Friday. I love it and am so glad you inspired me to buy one! 🙂

18. November 13, 2012 / 8:19 am

@Our French Inspired Home We love road trips, too. I was just telling my husband over the weekend how fortunate we are to not only have access to my dad’s RV, but to live in a place where you can feel like your out of town in just 20 or 30 minutes.
    The scarf was a huge score. I have been waiting for some cool weather so I can start wearing scarves again!

19. November 13, 2012 / 8:24 am

@Sulky Kitten It was made for me…not literally, but it sure seems like it was!
    Rarely can I get any jacket’s sleeves to reach my wrist. I am the queen of the 3/4 sleeve roll up for that reason.

LIttle dogs running fast is about the cutest thing there is to see. The so rarely get to do it…I am such an overprotective dog mother 🙂

20. November 13, 2012 / 8:36 am

@Mademoiselle Poirot Since I started wearing oxfords, and rather manly oxfords at that, I have been looking for ways to make my outfits with them more feminine. You can’t get much more ladylike than a colorful silk scarf!
    I hope you have a great week, too!

21. November 13, 2012 / 8:38 am

@Patti @ NotDeadYet Style Thank you for putting on VM every week. You have singlehandedly gotten dozens and dozens of women to proudly show themselves on their blogs…you should be very proud of that. We women need to celebrate and support each other!

22. November 13, 2012 / 8:39 am

@Diane Cayton-Hakey It is sunshiney, isn’t it? Not my best color, but I don’t care. It’s beautiful and so soft. And the quality is incredible…so thick and luxurious. It feels great around my neck.

23. November 13, 2012 / 8:41 am

@vintagefrenchchic We had a great time over the weekend. It was wonderful to see my BIL and SIL…and I love eating at my all time favorite restaurant, of course.
    The best part of traveling in the RV is getting to being our dogs along. They are so fun!

24. November 13, 2012 / 8:44 am

@Sylvia I realized after the post was published that I have an even better photo of the leaf on the windshield…one that makes it look like it’s floating. Too bad I didn’t pick that one to post!

25. November 13, 2012 / 8:47 am

@Anonymous Hi Sue!
    Having dogs makes my life so happy…I just love their little faces and they are always available for a good cuddle. I can’t imagine a life without doggy friends.

26. November 13, 2012 / 9:29 am

I thought that first pic was a painting on a postcard! So beautiful! And I must say your puppies are absolutely adorable!

27. November 13, 2012 / 4:04 pm

@Tatikto It would be so wonderful if you came north to Sonoma and/or Napa next year! I would love to take you wine tasting or to lunch.
    It means so much to me that you like my blog…and that you told me so. You are a sweetheart!

28. November 13, 2012 / 4:09 pm

@Louise Mc Hi Louise! Louise was my middle name until I married, then I made my maiden name my middle name. I love the name Louise but thought my entire name flowed better using Taylor…phew! What a long explanation! Now that that is out of the way….
    The silk scarf from Italy is like no other scarf I have owned. It’s even softer and silkier than my one and only Hermes scarf. It feels so lovely around my neck.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

29. November 13, 2012 / 4:17 pm

@Lara Rose Thank you, Lara Rose. It’s simply gorgeous around here this time of year….I sort of wish it would stay autumn all year long!

30. November 13, 2012 / 4:22 pm

@Kathy We do live in a great part of the world. I am so glad I landed here – Marin is lovely, too but there is something so peaceful and charming about the wine country. Much more laid back too – which better suits my disposition. I hope you come up for a visit one of these days!

31. November 13, 2012 / 4:25 pm

@LRS4AMANDA I’m glad you bought a trench, too. They are so handy for putting together chic looking outfits without a lot of effort.
    This cool weather has been nice for us California. I was getting a little tired of the frequent heat spells.
    Hope you are well!
    xo, A

32. November 13, 2012 / 10:38 pm

I LOVE your sense of style and eye for fashion. Oh and the fact that we are the same height is cool too because you have become a major source of inspiration for my tall self!
    Great deal on the scarf! I love shopping consignment!

-Nico

www.SatinAndSalt.com

33. November 14, 2012 / 7:44 am

@Nico Saich We tall girls need to stick together…especially to share resources for long inseam pants and long sleeved tops and coats.
    So great to hear from you!

34. November 15, 2012 / 12:24 pm

You are as beautiful as any model in any magazine. I love the picture where you are holding your dogs. So beautiful. The scarf is gorgeous as is the leather jacket.

35. November 15, 2012 / 10:18 pm

That photo of you holding the dogs has got to be the cutest picture ever. Love that!

Beautiful scarf too