Paris in Pictures

Hello, everyone!!
We are back from Paris and settled into our home, work and school routines. Thankfully, we managed to kick jet lag in the derrière in about four days, though I am still a little fuzzy at times.
What a whirlwind of a wonderful trip! We saw, ate, and experienced so many things. It was almost non-stop for seven days and we still didn’t get to every activity on my 15 Things to do in Paris listNor did we do all the things you readers suggested (that I printed out, took to Paris with me, and am saving for a future trip, by the way).  We would’ve needed a month in Paris to take on everything we wanted to.

While I still need to sort through all 2000+ photos from the trip, I have culled several of my favorites for today’s post.

Tori and I, standing below the Tour Eiffel after visiting the summit.

Le Louvre

Ponts Des Arts bridge with all the love locks.

My husband took this shot with our Canon at Versailles.
I was so thrilled when I saw it downloaded later that day. I just love it!

Arc du Triomphe from the Eiffel Tower

Window shopping in Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
On Sundays, the shops are all closed. Passed this darling shop on a Sunday.
Boo!

I bought Tori a copy of Le Petit Prince at this shop for her to read
to her kids someday.

Father and daughter in le Marais.
Toy boat rentals at Jardin du Luxembourg

View of Trocadéro and the Seine from the Eiffel Tower

Near the Seine

More of the Seine

Sweets!

One happy girl!
I hope you enjoyed my Paris pictures!
I’ll be returning with another Paris post this week.
If you’re interested, there are more photos on my instagram feed @therichlifeonabudget.
One more thing! April’s “How I Wear My” post, which is all about everyday handbags, is fast approaching. Send me or Jill of Everything Just So a picture of how you wear your handbag (not just a picture of the bag, please!) by April 3.

1. March 26, 2013 / 11:42 am

Looks like an amazing trip, can’t wait to go to Paris myself!

2. March 26, 2013 / 11:50 am

Fabulous pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time. You’ve created a very special memory for your family!

3. March 26, 2013 / 11:58 am

I love your photos so much, Adrienne…I agree that the one your husband took is excellent!
    So glad you had fun and returned safely…your daughter is a lucky young lady!!

4. March 26, 2013 / 1:42 pm

Great photos! I loved following you on instagram while you were in Paris, it was like I was dreaming!

5. March 26, 2013 / 1:47 pm

Gorgeous images of the city of light!
    You’ve given Tori a wonderful gift and made memories for you as a family.

6. March 26, 2013 / 1:57 pm

What a wonderful trip – memories for a lifetime and gorgeous pictures to provide the spark. Thanks for sharing.

7. March 26, 2013 / 2:09 pm

Beautiful photos!!! The beauty of Paris – is many visits are required and there is always something new to see. Sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Welcome home 🙂 C. (HHL)

8. March 26, 2013 / 2:27 pm

so jealous you got to go to Paris- I miss it tons!

9. March 26, 2013 / 2:54 pm

Love Tori’s shadow in the last photo – and those moody gray skies make the colors and building details so clear!

Welcome Home 🙂

10. March 26, 2013 / 3:30 pm

Beautiful photos, especially the view from the Eiffel Tower. You all look so very happy, and that’s lovely to see. A trip you’ll all remember forever!

11. March 26, 2013 / 4:07 pm

Absolutely awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your Paris adventure with your family ~ The photos are so beautiful!

12. March 26, 2013 / 5:02 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh! I love this post! The pictures are wonderful and I’m so happy for Tori. I LOVE that you bought her a copy of the Little Prince. I just read it to my 10-year-old son this past fall, parts of it actually made him weepy! She will treasure this trip forever. You and Bill are so good, in fact, you are the best! I’m glad you are back, I missed you. XO, Jill

13. March 26, 2013 / 5:18 pm

Outstanding pictures. I wish I had your eye for photos.

14. March 26, 2013 / 6:32 pm

So glad that you had a great time; super images!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

15. March 26, 2013 / 7:19 pm

Ah, you know how to inspire both jealousy and hope at the same time! Such wonderful pictures, especially the one of Tori jumping – priceless!

16. March 26, 2013 / 7:35 pm

Hi Adrienne,

Glad to see you made it home safe!

Looks like a wonderful trip, all the images are beautiful, especially the one that Bill took. The one of Tori jumping is adorable.

17. March 26, 2013 / 7:58 pm

What great memories you made with Tori! Your photos are making my itch to visit Paris more urgent.

18. March 27, 2013 / 4:14 am

Incredible pictures, you really managed to capture the feeling of Paris in these photos. I LOVE the one Bill took of Versailles – maybe new header? He’s a great photographer, love the composition. And that last photo of Tori shows so much love and joy – she’ll remember this trip forever!

19. March 27, 2013 / 7:52 am

Oui! Oui! Your photos of Paris are magnifique Adrienne. I enjoyed following along on instagram and FB. You 3 made some special memories for life and have the photos to prove it.
    Coming home with so many photos to go through can be a little daunting but it is so much fun to relive the memories. Thanks for sharing the Parisian beauty!
    xx, Heather

20. March 27, 2013 / 2:51 pm

What gorgeous photos! I’m heading to instagram immediately to see more.
    My father was from a tiny town in the French Pyrenees and I got to visit quite a few places in France, but never Paris.
    Did you eat yourself senseless? I did when I was there, and actually lost weight from all the walking I did. 😉

Spashionista (Alicia)

21. March 27, 2013 / 3:31 pm

Adrienne, Loved your photos and following your stops on Facebook while you were there. It sounds like a great trip. Of course there is never enough time for Paris! Looking forward to more!

xx
    Kim

22. March 27, 2013 / 4:55 pm

Long time reader, infrequent poster – but we overlapped our visits in Paris, it seems – I was there from the 14th to the 18th. Weren’t the dramatic skies amazing! Even if it was a little on the chilly side…. I happened to be in Montmartre on Saturday morning and caught the yearly Scottish/French parade celebrating the Republic of Montmartre (that’s what the signs said) which for some strange reason involved FIVE pipe bands from Scotland and assorted French historical groups. Explains the kilt presence that day. Believe there was also a French/Scottish football (soccer) game that weekend as well. Maybe we unknowingly crossed paths at Shakespeare and Company or Pont Neuf…

23. March 27, 2013 / 4:57 pm

And meant to add that your pictures were wonderful – so full of atmosphere and enjoyment. What a cherished memory that will become for Tori.

24. March 27, 2013 / 5:26 pm

Looks like a fabulous trip! I can hardly wait to read more about it!

25. March 28, 2013 / 6:46 am

What beautiful eye candy! I found you via Katja in the comments on my post here: http://myhomesweethomeonline.net/2013/03/what-happens-when-we-share-our-stories/

26. March 28, 2013 / 9:01 am

@Susan Susan,

I was there at Sacre Coeur when all the Scotsmen and women were there getting ready for the parade! You and I must’ve been there at the same time. It was in the morning, about 10, maybe 11. We didn’t stay for the parade though. Instead we walked around Montmarte a bit before heading over to Pigalle (yuck) to see Moulin Rouge. I am certain we must’ve crossed paths. How wonderful!

27. March 28, 2013 / 9:04 am

@LR @ Magnificent or Egregious It was really, really cold the first two days we were there. Even had some light snow flurries. But it got a bit warmer as the days went on. Some heavy rain one night…but that was kind of fun.
    I would recommend going in October – it’s much more mild and sunnier. And there are still leaves on the trees.

28. March 28, 2013 / 9:07 am

@Kathy I really love that photo. I think I may have it developed (do we still call it developing when they are digital photos??) Anyway, I love it very much but I think my header will stay…maybe variations of the same building, but that little structure has really become such a part of me, or my identity rather, I got emotional seeing it in person at Versailles. Kind of weird but true.

29. March 28, 2013 / 9:38 pm

Breathtaking photos, Adrienne. What a beautiful place….
    The best photo is the last….love it!

30. March 28, 2013 / 10:54 pm

2000+!!! WOW! I can’t wait to hear what Tori thought of it 🙂

31. March 29, 2013 / 7:44 pm

yay!!! ill be there soon. love the photos

32. Pingback: How to Look Edgy