How I Wear My: Metallics

How I Wear My: Metallics
Inspired by the metallic looks I saw in so many shop windows in Paris this spring, this year’s Oscars, and the release this month of a very glittery movie rendition of The Great Gatsby, Jill of Everything Just So and I thought that for May’s “How I Wear My” post it was a great time to unleash our inner magpies!
A few shop windows in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighborhood in Paris.
Too bad I was there on Sunday…the day all the shops are closed!

Jill is ready for spring in silver shoes by Bandolino with a silver belt by J. Crew. It’s hard to tell from the photo, but the mint green top has tiny metallic threads woven throughout.

Tamera Beardsley brings glamour and glitter to a Southern California resort wearing a Rachel Zoe gold sequined top with a fringed H & M skirt and statement jewelry designed by her.

Pam of Over 50 Feeling 40 wore this beautiful gold pencil skirt from Talbots with a Michael Kors sweater to a recent Journalism Banquet.

Alicia of Spashionista Report carries a fantastic pewter skull envelope bag from Shi by Journeys, a Christmas present to her.  Love the all white outfit with the skull bag and floral scarf!

Heather of Stylemindchic wears metallic on her date night on the town with a little sparkle with a J.Crew necklace, sparkle ring from her Stylemindchic boutique, shoes from Zara and top from Target. She mixed it down with denim for a casual evening look.

Viveka Rydell, CEO of PDI Surgery Center, a non-profit in Sonoma County that in five years has helped over 8,500 kids get dental surgery to treat severe tooth decay, wears her metallic “power suit” from Macy’s when traveling to Sacramento to meet with legislators and testify in hearings to advocate against the proposed 10% cuts to MediCal reimbursements.

Jeannie of Gracefully 50 wears metallic in the form of a gorgeous and luxe Tod bag in silver. The entire look is so chic.

Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo Style Files  looks ready for a night out on the town in gold heart shaped top and black pencil skirt. So glamourous!

Tori went to her senior prom last weekend and wore a BCBG high-low dress in a dusty pink with gold threads running through it. She brought out more of the metallic in her dress by wearing glittery gold nail polish and a gold ring she bought at COS in Paris.

Once a week, I stop by my local Goodwill to have a quick look around. Last week, I found this great copper colored leather bomber jacket, in great condition, for just $6.00.

I wore it with black skinny jeans, black tee shirt, pumps and a rhinestone belt, purchased several years ago in Jackson, Wyoming.

My favorite metallic piece in my closet is this gorgeous belt made by my friend, Debra. She designs one-of-a-kind, edgy custom leather fashion accessories that flatter the female form. The entire production is made in California with the best quality possible.
For product inquires, Debra can be reached at her Facebook page, De.V body. Or contact me and I’ll happily put you in touch with her .

I’m wearing my De.V belt with the Yala Ali Maxi dress* and old denim jacket. This look just might be my summer go-to outfit this year.

As you can see, from nail polish to handbags, belts to tops,
the metallic trend can be worn in a variety of ways.

How are you wearing metallics this season?

Jill and I are now sharing the lovely participants of How I Wear My. Be sure to visit her blog to see many more great metallic looks.

For June, the month of roses, don’t you just want to cover yourself with glorious flowers? If so, please join us for “How I Wear My: Florals.” Send a picture to Jill or me by June 3.

And if you want, grab the How I Wear My badge for your own blog. The code is below my badge on the side bar.

xo, Adrienne

*Be sure to enter to win the $75.00 gift certificate to Yala and get your 20% off discount code to use from now until the 13th. Click HERE to find out how to enter and claim your code!

From L to R: Bamboo Dreams® Renee Dress
Bamboo Dreams® Harper Pencil Skirt and
BambooDreams® Maddy Tunic

1. May 1, 2013 / 3:46 am

Loved this post…everyone looks amazing! I have dreamed of finding a bomber jacket like this at Goodwill…you are the lucky one!! have a wonderful Wednesday, Adrienne!!

2. May 1, 2013 / 3:53 am

Wonderful collection, as always, Adrienne. Your gold bomber jacket is *fantastic*!

3. May 1, 2013 / 4:32 am

Everyone looks so fabulous & chic! Nicely done ladies!
    I have to say though that Heather of Stylemindchic’s silver glitter top is absolutely stunning on her.

4. May 1, 2013 / 4:41 am

I agree, everyone looks great. I don’t think I’ve ever owned anything metallic, other than silver or gold Havianas! Your copper bomber jacket is the bomb!

5. May 1, 2013 / 5:22 am

I love that bronze jacket on you, what a score! Everyone looks SO GOOD, now I want even more metallics in my closet, ha ha! Have I told you lately that you are the best? XO, Jill

6. May 1, 2013 / 5:40 am

What a great post! I love all the photos and THANK YOU for sporting my DE.V belt with the Yala dress. You wear it very well!

7. May 1, 2013 / 5:43 am

Every single one of these gorgeous ladies gets my applause. Every. Single. One. I was totally stumped as to what I’d be able to wear in the way of metallics, so I skipped this month – well, now I sure have plenty of inspiration!

Bravo, ladies. Bravo!!

8. May 1, 2013 / 5:47 am

Your copper bomber takes my breath away, especially at that price, and how you’ve styled it with the blacks and the amazing belt.

I love Viveka’s surprisingly professional and subtle metallic power suit, too, and it sounds like she does some admirable work in it.

9. May 1, 2013 / 5:59 am

Every ladies looks so chic and outstanding, Adrienne!

10. May 1, 2013 / 6:07 am

I just love your western belt and copper bomber Adrienne.

Also I loved Heather’s silver top and Jeannie’s bag.

It really shows how to incorporate metallic into your every day looks.

Great job ladies!

bisous
    Suzanne

11. May 1, 2013 / 7:39 am

I love Heather’s top and clutch combo – although everyone does look lovely as well!

12. May 1, 2013 / 7:42 am

Everybody looks so beautiful! I think it’s interesting to see the different interpretations for wearing metallics. I’m definitely inspired to collect a few more pieces I can incorporate into my wardrobe. Hopefully I can find a jacket as amazing as Adrienne’s! 😉

Spaashionista (Alicia)

13. May 1, 2013 / 9:15 am

Lots of great looks!
    Your bomber jacket is great – the metallic bronze colour really gives it that stylish and elegant look!

Annette
    Lady of Style
    now on Facebook

14. May 1, 2013 / 10:08 am

Everyone looks amazing with their metallic touches. Great find with the bomber jacket Adrienne. I always love having at least a bit of metallic in my look too.

Sue xo

15. May 1, 2013 / 10:51 am

It is great to see Vivika, another devotee to Bodeci fitness training, in her suit! (Vivika, I have only seen you in workout wear…wow!!)

16. May 1, 2013 / 1:23 pm

I don’t think I own any metallics, but all of the ladies look fab. Florals on the other hand are a summer wardrobe staple for me, so I really must get involved. Xx

17. May 1, 2013 / 3:54 pm

Everyone looks fantastic!! I am such a sucker for metallics!! Loving that belt with your maxi and that gold nail polish is awesome!! I want some!
    Becky 🙂

18. May 1, 2013 / 6:12 pm

What a great deal on your jacket! Wow. I recently scored a suede goatskin Cole Haan jacket for Belle Fille for about the same price…I was stunned.

Nice collection of metallics! xo H

19. May 1, 2013 / 6:37 pm

This is so much fun!
    I might just have to pick up a few more metallic pieces. They’re more versatile than I imagined by looking at all the ladies.
    Your jacket & belts are really really NICE! You look GREAT in black, btw!

20. May 1, 2013 / 9:39 pm

We all love a touch of sparkle! Thanks so much for hosting this ‘sparkling’ post Adrienne. The ladies look fabulous. I love how each look has a different twist on the theme. Your photos of sparkle in Paris captured me right off.
    Thanks for hosting. I’m happy to be part of such a lovely group of stylish women!
    xx, Heather

21. May 3, 2013 / 11:22 am

You look stunning as always. You can always find some much in a thrift store, and I go in and see other people’s old clothes. Love your talent!!