Napa Valley Birthday Vacation…Continued

Napa Valley Birthday Vacation…Continued
Happy Monday!
And thank you for kind notes about the blog turning 3 on Saturday. That’s like 30 in blog years, right?

I left off my last Napa Valley Birthday Vacation post mid-birthday. We ended my husband’s actual birthday with a wonderfully memorable dinner in the vineyards. I wrote all about it on my newest Skimbaco Lifestyle feature, which you can read here.

The next morning, our friends returned home while we lingered, dragging out our departure as long as possible until we caved in and extended the birthday vacation another day.

We unpacked our things and dressed to go out to lunch. I wore my new Calvin Klein roll sleeve blouse from Amazon.

I love the soft pink color of this top, the feel of the material (it’s polyester, but it feels like silk and you can wash it in your machine without worry).  The details are lovely, too. I like the gold accents and the way the sides have button tabs just like the sleeves. I can unbutton them if I want to tuck in the blouse.

It’s handy to bring along forgiving clothes when you’re on a vacation that centers around eating. The last thing I wanted to be wearing that day was a form-fitting top!

CK top worn with Michael Kors sandals, Gap boyfriend jeans,
and Louis Vuitton Beverly GM bag.

Dressed and ready to go, we headed to Tra Vigne for lunch. We love their food and the atmosphere is pretty great, too.

Our favorite thing to get is the Mozzarella Al Minuto, freshly made mozzarella prepared at your table and served on grilled bread.

For Bill’s, I ordered a post-birthday Cannoli for him. It was as tasty as it looks. Better, even.

Across the street is Long Meadow Ranch, a small charming farm with a restaurant called Farmstead. We sat down at a table lined with tires and had a drink while we people-watched and enjoyed the unseasonal gray, soggy weather.

We also walked around their vast gardens and admired all the vegetables, fruit and farm animals.

Tried to figure out why this chicken coop has wheels. Any guesses?

What really caught my attention were these vibrant sunflowers with loads of bees on them, pollenating like crazy. I was hard pressed to find a flower without a bee!

See? There I am trying really hard to find a bee-less flower.

After lunch and our wandering around Long Meadow, we went back to our lovely room at Harvest Inn and sat on the terrace, watching the weather turn from partly sunny to partly cloudy to cloudy to rainy. It was quite a show. Instead of going out for dinner, we ordered in Chinese food and dined on the terrace so we didn’t miss anything.

The next morning we packed up our things again, intending to go home. We thought we would try a place we’d heard about called Redd Wood, an Italian eatery. Wonderful food!

Bruschetta with fava beans, ricotta, lemon, mint and olive oil and pizzas.

Once we were fully loaded with lots of carbs, we walked around the adjoining property, North Block an Italian-style boutique hotel complete with tiled stairs, large wooden doors, fountains, and lots of stone work. It’s gorgeous. And because it was Monday and raining out, we got a great deal on a room.

We continued the birthday vacation for yet another night.

A glorious bed, lots of greenery, and a heated tiled floor in the bathroom…it was heavenly!

After unpacking, we grabbed a couple glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and asked one of the employees if he would mind lighting us a fire. He obliged and even though it was lightly misting out and we had no cushions on the couch, it was a wonderful, cozy experience.

I hope you’ve enjoyed the Napa Valley posts. Napa really does have some of the best food I have ever tasted. It was a fantastically fun trip that will go down as one of our best birthday vacations.

I’ll be returning bright and early tomorrow morning for the next How I Wear My: Sunglasses.

To be featured, please submit a photo of you in your sunnies to me at [email protected] by the end of the day on Monday, July 1st.

xo, Adrienne

1. July 1, 2013 / 6:50 am

Great outfit – comfy and yes, right for a food-centric vacation. You truly live in an amazing part of the world. I want that homemade mozzarella!

2. July 1, 2013 / 7:04 am

Adrienne, Any post about the Napa Valley immediately grabs my attention. I moved there for college at 18 and lived there for 4 years. It’s been fun to watch it grow into a world class destination with the most fabulous food and lodging. You are showing a few of my favorites here and I’m off to check out North Block for an upcoming getaway. Lovely post and what a perfect birthday for Bill. By the way, your blouse is pretty on you. It reminds me of a black Michael Kors I bought in the spring. Stylish, forgiving and wash and drip dry. These are perfect blouses for travel. Happy Monday!
    xx, Heather @ Stylemindchic

3. July 1, 2013 / 7:43 am

This looks like a great birthday celebration. (Those steps were awesome.)

4. July 1, 2013 / 8:09 am

I’m going to take a stab at your chicken coop on wheels query: I’ve seen mobile chicken houses before designed so that the farmer moves them around to fresh grass to graze on every couple days – they fertilize the ground as they’re eating then need to be moved before they deposit too much, um, nitrogen. 😉 It’s a semi-educated guess, may just be for decoration.

Every moment of Bill’s birthday celebration looked divine! Glad you two had such a wonderful extended weekend.

5. July 1, 2013 / 8:17 am

Oh that food looks so tempting.
    I am going to research Napa Valley. Now that I am retired Mr. HB and I must explore farther afield.
    Your blouse is lovely and that pink is so soft and feminine it suits you.
    It would make a great travel top and can be washed and hung to dry. I’d wear a white tank under it and leave it open as a jacket layer with pearls of course 🙂

6. July 1, 2013 / 8:28 am

I so enjoy your travel posts my dear! This one has me yearning for another trip to Napa to be sure!

I wanted to thank you for inspiring my post today. I was moved by your gratitude post…

7. July 1, 2013 / 9:47 am

Fabulous food and style, Adrienne! The mozzarella has my mouth watering. Love your new CK top. And thanks for sharing all the beauty with Vis Monday. Xoxo

8. July 1, 2013 / 11:41 am

Looks like a great adventure, Adrienne. The hotels are lovely. Wonderful food.

9. July 1, 2013 / 12:52 pm

What a great holiday you have had, and the food looks delicious! The chicken house is on wheels so that it can be moved to fresh ground for the hens to scratch about in. A lovely, happy photo of you in the pink blouse, you are a beautiful young woman.

10. July 1, 2013 / 3:54 pm

Wonderful holiday photos! I love Napa Valley and miss it, it’s time to make a trip there soon. You look lovely. 🙂 /Madison

11. July 2, 2013 / 12:07 am

I’m so impressed with how beautiful your vacation looks – everything! And your outfit is just perfect, that delicate pink is just lovely on you.

12. July 2, 2013 / 7:27 am

Very pretty… you and the celebrations and holidays and food … especially you in that pink blouse!
    But I’m also very glad to hear that bees are out and about and so plentiful there. There’s been so much concern about them in the last few years, I like to hear that they’re around in big numbers!

13. July 4, 2013 / 1:13 am

I can’t get enough of your photos, Adrienne. Everything looks beautiful.
    I am dreaming of going to Napa Valley one day. I have been to San Francisco but unfortunately didn’t make it up there. Next time…

Annette
    Lady of Style

14. July 9, 2013 / 6:03 am

Adrienne, I am saving all these posts for the next time I get up that way. These look like such great spots to stay. Love the restaurants too. I’m loving your blouse and the sandals! Want those. They look very cute with your jeans!

Glad you had a nice birthday and congratulations on the blog! It just keeps getting better all the time! Really.

Kim