A San Francisco Lunch Date at Neiman Marcus

I am still thinking about what a terrific time I had in San Francisco with Kim of Northern California Style last week.
Maiden Lane, San Francisco

It was a gorgeous day in the city. The weather could not have been any better. Blue skies, in the low seventies, slight breeze…just perfect.

Kim and I met in front of Neiman Marcus. Instantly I could tell we were going to get along famously. I felt like I had known her for years!

We were both a little hungry so we decided to go straight to The Rotunda to have lunch, then shop after we had some food onboard.

We got settled at our elegant table, ordered celebratory glasses of champagne and immediately started chatting it up.

What a beautiful restaurant. There are huge windows everywhere looking out onto Union Square and the streets below. It’s so elegant and sophisticated, you can’t help but feeling more ladylike just for being in the room.

I especially loved the ornate stained glass dome that softened the sunlight coming in.

For lunch I ordered a warm seafood salad. It was fantastic. I could eat it everyday and it would never get old. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the dressing was a flavorful tarragon vinaigrette.

Once we finished our meal, it was time to exchange gifts. Kim gave me this darling little bag in a tangerine chevron print with my first initial, “A”, which is what people who know me best call me.
I love it! Such a preppy chic piece.

Thank you for the feedback on what to wear to lunch. I listened to you about the shoe choices and wore my new booties. I would have been miserable in a pump. And I decided to wear jeans instead of the skirt, a black tee, and my off-white Zara jacket that I bought in Paris last March.

Kim also wore jeans with a great camouflage utility jacket.

From the entrance to the restaurant I spied an Equipment sign and asked Kim if she’d mind wandering over to check it out.

I have never worn an Equipment blouse and was curious to see how it fit me. I have a friend who swears by them. She raves about the quality, style, fit and most importantly, their wearability.

The blouses are made from luxurious silk material and the colors are so vibrant and rich. I would love to have one of every color and print. Who wouldn’t?

After we tried on about a dozen Equipment blouses and modeled them for each other, we went to the makeup department where we met Tiffany. We asked her for a mascara recommendation. She loves Giorgio Armani’s Eyes to Kill and gave us a demonstration on how best to apply it. We both bought a tube and I quite like it. It doesn’t go on clumpy and lasts all day without smudging or flaking.

Before Tiffany rang us up, I caved in and asked for a nude lipgloss by Tom Ford. Expensive? Oh, yeah. Worth it? I think so. A little goes a long way and it stays on for ages.

I also fell hard for Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino. It is heavenly! I’ll ask Santa for a small bottle this Christmas.

Before we left Neiman’s to head home, I asked Kim if I could snap a few photos of her. She is a beautiful, warm, funny, smart and interesting person and I am looking forward to seeing her again before the holidays. I think this was the start of a long friendship.

I didn’t want to leave Neiman Marcus without an Equipment blouse. They are just so beautiful and well-made and I love the fit.

I rationalized that I do enough thrift store shopping that I could splurge on a few things at a high-end department store once in a while and not feel remorseful.

This is the Spectrum Floral-Print Equipment blouse in the Slim Signature cut. It has a black background with small dark pink, blue and yellow flowers. I am nuts about it!

I wore it on Saturday – just after a rainy morning – to grab a bite to eat with my husband. I plan on wearing it tucked in with a blazer, half-tucked into jeans, with skirts and under sweaters.

And each time I wear it, I will think about my new friend, Kim and what a fantastic time we had together.

Be sure to click over to Kim’s blog to read her take on our get together.

xo, Adrienne

1. September 22, 2013 / 2:55 pm

Looks like a great luncheon–everything is better with champagne! xoxo

2. September 22, 2013 / 2:59 pm

Absolutely love the Equipment shirt on you, and they are the best shirts I think. I wear Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino – pretty much exclusively. Isn’t it fantastic? How wonderful to meet a new friend like Kim – she adorable and looks so real and friendly.

3. September 22, 2013 / 3:06 pm

Such a lovely post… I enjoyed following your adventure with Kim at one of my very favorite lunch spots!

On my recent visit to our Neiman Marcus here in Newport Beach, after lunching with my daughter, I made a stop at the Tom Ford counter. I picked up a lip stick and gloss without thinking much about the cost… as in how much could they really be. I am used to buying Chanel make up products… and am willing to pay the extra for the beautiful packaging and rich pigments.

So I was shocked to find out afterwards… both the lip stick and gloss were 49$… and the gloss packaging was so much less attractive to me… than Chanel. I am still reeling at the cost of the gloss… and feel foolish for splurging on … a gloss.

Sorry my dear for my rant… on your blog no less…

4. September 22, 2013 / 3:23 pm

It looks like such a fun day! Your blouse is fabulous, great choice. I don’t think these will go out of style anytime soon, so I’m sure you’ll wear it often and well.

5. September 22, 2013 / 4:08 pm

what a perfect day, Adrienne. From the elegant lunch to the (I’m sure) sparkling conversation and gorgeous new blouse! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

6. September 22, 2013 / 4:13 pm

I went shopping with a friend yesterday and it was so much fun…you just convinced me to throw in lunch next time!! You girls look great and it looks like a wonderful time. The Tom Ford lipstick sounds perfect!! Have a great week, Adrienne!

7. September 22, 2013 / 4:28 pm

That blouse suits you so well – really your style as I’ve come to know it.

Very glad you had a good lunch, and shopping day, with a new friend. Thanks for sharing your fun.

8. September 22, 2013 / 4:39 pm

Adrienne, it sounds like a perfectly perfect day! I usually order a warm seafood salad if it’s on the menu, and the one you’ve been served looks fantastic. As do you, and Kim. Love the new top!!

9. September 22, 2013 / 5:49 pm

A.- It was a Wellie day! Never regret such a quality investment as the Equipment blouse. You are going to wear it forever, it’s classic.

Happy for you and Kim, and thank you for including all of us on this day in San Francisco. 🙂

10. September 22, 2013 / 6:35 pm

It looks like you and Kim had a great time. Glad you splurged on the Tom Ford gloss and the Equipment blouse! I will see if I have any samples of TF perfume to give you. They gave me a few at Bloomie’s, maybe I have that one you like. I will check! XO, Jill

11. September 22, 2013 / 8:26 pm

Looks like a great day all around…I did not know about The Rotunda at Neiman’s or I would have gone to check it out when we were there in April. Next time I will put it on my list.

Both of the blouses you two picked out are beautiful. I remember years ago buying the cutest bell bottoms at the Neimans in Scottsdale. I loved those pants.

Glad that you and Kim hit it off…she just looks like a nice person! (like you) 🙂

12. September 22, 2013 / 9:38 pm

Your day sounds like such fun.
    The blouse suits you…so there is no need to justify your purchase. Thrift some…spend some 🙂
    Sweet dreams

13. September 22, 2013 / 11:16 pm

Isn’t the best thing about blogging that you meet the most interesting and charming ladies? I wish I could have joined you there 😉
    I was in San Francisco many years ago and I loved the city! It was in September and quite foggy but I was told this is not unusual at that time of the year. It didn’t spoil the fabulous memories I have.

Annette | Lady of Style

14. September 23, 2013 / 3:17 am

love that shirt Adri and those boots are a major hit here in the Netherlands…must ge a pair…

15. September 23, 2013 / 4:42 am

Love the shirt. Equipment silk blouse is on my wishlist too! I have a question about the Julianne Hough pumps. Thinking about buying a pair. I usually wear an 8 and have kind of wide feet. How do they run? Would you recomment me going 1/2 size up? I do wish I could meet some of my blogging friends, I know I would love them !

16. September 23, 2013 / 5:00 am

I’ve just popped over here from Kim’s lovely blog having read about your fun day out together. What a beautiful venue with the stunning glass ceiling. Your blouse is a pretty print and colour – so versatile too. I’m going to be dropping a few hints about the Neroli Portofino perfume too! I’ve been a fan of Tom Ford perfumes for a while now. A great Christmas gift.

17. September 23, 2013 / 8:13 am

A day of shopping and lunching with a friend is my idea of a perfect day. Thanks fo sharing yours.

18. September 23, 2013 / 1:27 pm

Adrienne, You are so kind. Wasn’t it a super fun day? LOVE the blouse!! You look amazing in it and I adore the boots and jeans together. You really will be able to do so much with it. I think we did well! I feel bad I forgot to mention the lovely limoncello! I love it.
    Can’t wait for our next get together!

xxKim
    p.s. Finding I love the mascara too! After playing tennis and a full day, it still looked fresh at night and was easy to remove.

19. September 23, 2013 / 2:05 pm

I love The Rotunda – have not been there in years. My sister had her bridal luncheon there. There are often Equipment blouses at Marshall’s and TJ Maxx too! So keep an eye out! 🙂

20. September 23, 2013 / 3:22 pm

So nice for you both! Thank you for the link to her blog … seems she had a great time, too. Both of you are beauties. Love your purchases. Can’t go there and stay non-purchasing for long.
    Beautiful blouse… I imagine you wearing it in so many ways!

21. September 23, 2013 / 7:22 pm

Hi A! 😉 You two gorgeous ladies had the perfect afternoon in the city. From the Rotunda to the bubbles, to the gorgeous silk blouses to TF (love!). Best of all-you are both such warm and wonderful people. I know about you Adrienne, since our meeting, and I feel the same about Kim from reading her blog. Honestly, that is my favorite thing about blogging. The bonds we form-even online-are real and strong. Loved this post!
    Looking forward to holiday meet-ups 🙂
    xx, Heather

22. September 24, 2013 / 12:23 am

I love seeing both takes on your lunch from both sides! Such fun! Now I am thinking I should have gone to SF and checked out this rotunda place that looks very inviting indeed…:)

23. September 24, 2013 / 7:49 am

Hi there! Sounds like you both had an amazing time and you both look so stylish and elegant! Your Equipment blouse was an excellent buy and looks lovely on- I don’t blame you for treating yourself especially as you do get so many gorgeous pieces thrifting!! xx

24. September 24, 2013 / 5:07 pm

What a fun gals/bloggers day : ) Lunch and shopping…sounds perfect.

You both look lovely.

bisous
    Suzanne

25. September 24, 2013 / 9:16 pm

Looks like it was a fun blate! And not only was that blouse a brilliant choice, your seafood salad looked pretty good too 🙂

26. September 26, 2013 / 2:31 am

I like that blouse a lot, Adrienne. I am so glad you all had a wonderful day.