One Trend, Two Generations

One Trend, Two Generations
Our seventh One Trend, Two Generations focuses on a color. Not just any color but the Pantone 2013 color of the year, Emerald.

Tori is wearing a pair of beaded earrings in Emerald green that I bought at a Sonoma County apple festival about ten years ago. I don’t remember too much about them except they were handmade in South America and that once I saw them, I had to have them.

A few years ago, I decided they were too bright for me and gave them to Tori. She loves them, which makes me happy, and she looks beautiful in them.

Tori wears her earrings with a black maxi dress with lace panels on the shoulders.

She keeps her look casual with a pony tail and flip flops.

Like Tori, I focused on Emerald with accessories. I wore a neutral look with a Gap denim moto jacket, navy blue shorts, a grey slub tee, and navy wedges then added rich, deep green with a suede clutch and a statement cuff.

The clutch is a recent thrift shop score…

and the cuff was sent to me by Shopbevel for my review. It’s called a Piesa Emerald Traffic Cuff and it’s truly a work of art.

It’s was made by a designer in the Philippines out of thick wire wrapped carefully and tightly with silky Emerald green fabric.

Shopbevel is a site that allows designers from all over the world showcase their work, get feedback from their peers and have the chance to sell their pieces. And it gives consumers like you and me the chance to access unique designer jewelry at reasonable prices.

Every product sold on Shopbevel begins as a jewelry design submitted to the site by a designer. Once accepted through a voting process on its site, the piece is manufactured by Shopbevel’s production facilities and brought to the consumer without the huge 100% to 300% mark-up we often find in retail.

Tori and I both adore Emerald and will be wearing more of it.
Are you wearing Emerald this year, too?

How I Wear My: Neon is just around the corner!
Jill and I can hardly wait to see how you’ll be wearing your neon.
Be sure to send photos to our new email,
[email protected] on or before September 3rd to be included!
xo, Adrienne

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received the featured cuff bracelet by Shopbevel. As always, all opinions expressed on my blog are my own.

1. September 2, 2013 / 7:28 am

Love both the cuff and the clutch, but maybe too much together because they’re so close in proximity. I can see them both with a black dress though. Those earrings are fantastic, and you should “borrow” them back once in awhile. I had no idea that emerald was the color??? You and Tori look great, as always.

2. September 2, 2013 / 7:42 am

Hi there! You both look gorgeous and I love emerald as a pop of colour for Autumn. Your clutch and bangle are lovely accessories which I’m sure will be used a lot this season xx

3. September 2, 2013 / 7:56 am

Great post A….once again! So glad you’re featuring me in so many of these posts! I’m having fun doing them together! Love you smomma!

4. September 2, 2013 / 8:36 am

I LOVE the plug in at the bottom of your post for shopping your looks. Who sells that plug in as there are a few times I could use it. Not often, but every now and then it would come in sooo handy. And LOVE that Gap denim jacket!!

5. September 2, 2013 / 9:59 am

Fantastic use of emerald. I like it used as an accessory. I enjoy your 2 generations posts. You two are too cute!!

6. September 2, 2013 / 10:43 am

Ah, look at you two, so lovely with your emerald accents. Tori’s black dress is gorgeous.

7. September 2, 2013 / 1:17 pm

You both look fabulous…but I have to say, Tori is just stunning in this dress and earrings. You have much to be thankful for!

8. September 2, 2013 / 1:49 pm

LOVING the emerald! It’s my second favorite color!!! 🙂

9. September 2, 2013 / 2:45 pm

You both have a wonderful way of wearing emerald! I love that cuff, so unique.

10. September 2, 2013 / 7:24 pm

An easy way to embrace the teen, using accessories. Emerald is a favorite of mine and I went for it in a big way with a leather jacket. Will have a few more weeks to wait to wear it.

11. September 3, 2013 / 12:28 am

You look so great, both of you! Glad I´ve found your blog! Please step by mine if you´d like! xo Caroline

12. September 3, 2013 / 5:53 am

Good morning Adrienne! You and Tori both look so lovely in emerald. Those earrings are eye catchers and it’s so fun that you can both share your favorite pieces. This is one of my favorite shades for fall and I was so pleased to hear the news when it was announced as the Pantone color of the year. Thanks for the photos and I will be sending mine to you soon. I’m off to work but gearing up for wedding weekend for my mom (at 83-she’s amazing!).
    Happy September my friend,
    xx-Heather

13. September 3, 2013 / 7:15 am

Hi Adrienne,

Great looks on both of you. I like the pop of emerald for the fall. Those earrings are stunning and I love the clutch!

Hope you had a nice three day weekend!

xxleslie

14. September 3, 2013 / 1:47 pm

Hi Adrienne!

I’m a new fan of your blog and love it! So far I’ve spent several hours going through your archives, and have picked up dozens of great fashion, packing and styling tips. Your articles on thrift store shopping challenged me to head to my local Goodwill where I’m excited to report that I made my first purchases….a pair of jean capris that I’m going cut off in order to turn into shorts, a modal (silky) long sleeve blouse in a hot pink and THE CUTEST zebra stripe sequin tank. The best $10 I’ve spent in a long time!

Keep up the great work!

Tracy

15. September 3, 2013 / 3:29 pm

Adrienne and Tori, I love your one trend two generations because it goes to such a wide range of women. Adrienne that clutch was a snag at the thrift store and I have been wanting a moto jean jacket like yours. I am still on the lookout.

Xoxo,
    Carrie

16. September 3, 2013 / 4:36 pm

This series just gets better and better. Change Tori’s shoes and she is ready for her red carpet appearance! Gorgeous! And I love the green cuff and clutch on you. I don’t know if I have any emerald green in my closet, but now I want some! XO, Jill

17. September 4, 2013 / 5:21 am

I’m glad to see how you styled your denim moto jacket. I have one I never wear and I couldn’t figure out what wasn’t working about it. I’m going to try rolling the sleeves up like you did here. I think that is just what it needs!

18. September 5, 2013 / 10:10 pm

Adore Emerald! Your bracelet and cuff were so cute with the jacket. Fab jacket! Tori is beautiful too and she looks so pretty with her hair like that and those earrings.

Lovely girls! xx

19. September 7, 2013 / 9:45 am

I always like these posts. I really love the black maxi with those earrings.

20. September 8, 2013 / 8:47 am

Emerald is such a gorgeous colour, I love it too. And isn’t it great to share accessories?

Annette | Lady of Style