Happy News!

I don’t usually post on Saturdays but I want to share some happy news with you. Last Wednesday, my mother, Betty, married her long-time beau, Don!She called last weekend to tell me that they had decided to tie the knot and that the ceremony was taking place in a few days. Unfortunately, it was too short notice for me to fly across the country to North Carolina where they live, but I was certainly there in spirit.

Thankfully they had beautiful photos taken by Les Atkins Photography, There will be more forthcoming of the actual ceremony, which was at their local courthouse.

Don’t they look happy?

Such a striking couple they make! And I love my mother’s dress. She looks radiant.

I wish Don and Betty a joyful life together. I am so thankful that my mother found someone so kind and loving in Don. I am very much looking forward to meeting him and his family in the not-too-distant future.

Congratulations to the happy and beautiful couple!
xo, Adrienne

1. October 19, 2013 / 9:36 am

I am so happy for your mum and her husband, they look so happy indeed.
    Your mum’s dress is gorgeous and she is really beautiful!
    All the best for both of them and I hope you can visit them very soon.

Annette | Lady of Style

2. October 19, 2013 / 9:54 am

Congratulations to your mother and Don. Beautiful photos … their love and happiness comes through. Hugs, C. (HHL)

3. October 19, 2013 / 10:11 am

Love this! The fact that they married in what is considered to be the latter years. We were together 10 years and then married when I was 53 and David was 56. It’s such a great time in life to celebrate being together. Many happy wishes to the bride and groom! xox Gorgeous people they are!

4. October 19, 2013 / 10:24 am

Dear Adrienne,
    They look soooo happy! Your Mother is radiant and I adore her dress. I wish them many many years of happiness!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer & Artists Series

5. October 19, 2013 / 1:10 pm

Congratulations!!! Love and Blessings to them both!

6. October 19, 2013 / 1:14 pm

Oh wow! Congrats to the newly weds, we now know where you get your looks from! 🙂

7. October 19, 2013 / 1:51 pm

Very handsome couple indeed! Your Mom is gorgeous, and as a previous blogger friend stated, “now we know where you get your looks from”. Congratulations to them and to you as well.

8. October 19, 2013 / 1:57 pm

Congratulations to the happy couple! They both look deliriously happy and your mother is gorgeous. xox

9. October 19, 2013 / 8:56 pm

Awww…they both look so happy and your Mom looks radiant. A beautiful woman, like her daughter! Congrats to both of them! So sweet. 🙂

10. October 19, 2013 / 10:28 pm

How special! Congrats to the happy couple!

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

11. October 20, 2013 / 7:54 am

Adrienne your mother is lovely! I see where you got your gorgeous looks. What a happy couple and they are glowing. Isn’t it fabulous that both of our mother’s have found love later in life? I’m still smiling from my mom’s wedding last month. Who knew love could bloom so beautifully at age 83?
    Cheers to the happy couple!
    xx, Heather

12. October 20, 2013 / 12:49 pm

Love, love, love this…Congratulationns to the happy couple…how exciting for your family!

13. October 20, 2013 / 6:42 pm

Congratulations to the bride and groom! I love the picture of the two of them looking at each other and laughing. What a great shot. They look so happy! XO, Jill

14. October 21, 2013 / 7:02 am

Made me a little teary. Such wonderful news and thanks for sharing it with us. They’re a great looking couple, and I love your mom’s dress too. They look so happy together and radiant. Great to see.

15. October 21, 2013 / 1:58 pm

Congratulations Betty! I’m so happy for her. She looks beautiful as ever. Thanks for sharing this happy news.

16. October 23, 2013 / 12:50 pm

Aww, they look wonderfully happy. Your Mom is a radiant bride. Thank you for sharing the happy news with us!