Meeting Amy, an Australian Hat and other things

Meeting Amy, an Australian Hat and other things
Saturday morning I had to run an errand over the hill in Napa. I know, poor me! I had to pick up a wine donation for an upcoming fundraiser. But first, we needed to eat.While driving around downtown Napa looking for parking, we came across Norman Rose Tavern. It looked crowded and there was a wait but we were able to grab two empty seats at the counter.

Since I knew we’d be checking into a hotel the next day in celebration of our wedding anniversary, I opted to forgo my low carb diet a day early and eat whatever I wanted. I chose a pan-fried fish sandwich with pickled onions and arugula and some french fries.

The meal did not disappoint. Very carb-worthy!

After lunch, we ran our errand then made our way to Yountville. Remember in my last post I told you about my slight obsession with hats and a certain hat shop, Montecristi Panama Hats Napa Valley, in particular?

I love my black Australian style hat so much I wanted another one in a neutral color. The friendly shop owners helped me find the right hat in the right shape, size and color for me.

Wool felt “Australian” hat

I fell in love immediately and had to wear it. Once I put it on my head inside the shop, it didn’t come off until I got home that night, much later.

Bill and I headed over to Bottega located near the hat shop to have an afternoon cocktail, people watch and wait to hear from my blogging friend and Redbook Magazine buddy, Amy from Denim and Dots. That’s Amy right next to me looking gorgeous as always in her green shorts outfit.

Amy and her handsome and charming husband were visiting Napa Valley for the weekend with her wonderful in-laws. We met them at their hotel and spent a couple of hours with them. What fun, warm and welcoming people they all are!

We had such a great time. Now I have one more reason to visit New York City (as if I need a good reason). Amy and her husband are moving there very soon and I would love to get together with them again sometime. Maybe do a little – okay, a lot – of shopping with Amy.

Once we left their hotel, it was dusk and time to head back over the hill to pack and get a good night’s sleep.

We pulled off the side of the road to get a photo of this incredible sunset over Sonoma Valley. No filters, no doctoring – this is really what it looked like that evening. Incredible!

Once we arrived home, we packed for the next day’s wedding anniversary getaway which I will tell you about in my Thursday post.

As you can see, I brought my hat with me!

What a terrific day from start to finish. Tasty carbs worth the indulgence, shopping at a place I adore, spending time with my husband and meeting a wonderful friend in person. What more could one ask for?

I really love meeting fellow bloggers and readers. Thankfully I have had several opportunities to do so over the last few years. I want to continue those friendships both in the blog world and in my personal life.

Have you met your favorite bloggers or online friends in person?
What was your experience like?
And I linked my hat up with Style Crone’s Hat Attack.
Check out all the fantastic hat looks here!
xo, Adrienne

1. October 15, 2013 / 4:20 pm

look at you, all Jillaroo style – love it!
    T xx

2. October 15, 2013 / 4:40 pm

So much fun!! So glad we got to meet in person, can’t wait for a NY shopping trip : ) What a beautiful sunset, thanks for all the recommendations and making our trip so fabulous!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:27 am

Me too, Amy! It was so much fun.
      NY shopping trip sounds like too much fun!
      Have a pleasant move to NY – can’t wait to read all about it once you’re settled!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:28 am

And thank you for taking the time to meet me and Bill. We really enjoyed hanging out with you all 🙂

3. October 15, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Oh, that hat looks fabulous on you Adrienne! I’ve yet to meet a blogger friend in person, but hopefully one day!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:31 am

Thanks, Sue! It’s very fun to meet fellow bloggers that you feel like you already know through the blog world. The first time I did it I was very nervous but now, after meeting nearly 10 bloggers and readers, it’s old hat!

4. October 15, 2013 / 5:21 pm

LOVE THE HAT! Seriously, so cute!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:32 am

Thanks, T! If my head wasn’t so dang big you could borrow it but I am afraid it would end up down to your nose 😉

5. October 15, 2013 / 6:18 pm

I love that gorgeous sunset photo. Wow! And how fun to meet Amy! I have gotten to meet Bella of the Citizen Rosebud, Vahni of Grit & Glamour, one of the gals from Idiosyncratic Fashionistas, Ari Seth Cohen of Advanced Style, Catherine from Aesthetic Alterations and Anne of Playing with Scarves. It’s always a lot of fun to meet your favorite bloggers in person! XO, Jill

• October 17, 2013 / 8:35 am

It is fun to meet fellow bloggers…you and I REALLY need to meet one of these days. We need to plan a way to do that because we have been friends for way too long. xoxo

6. October 15, 2013 / 7:16 pm

Meeting other bloggers has been one of my favorite parts of this whole gig (including meeting you and Bill)! You look fabulous in your new hat.

• October 17, 2013 / 8:36 am

I had such fun meeting you and your husband, too. I hope we get a chance to meet up again in my neck of the woods sometime sooon.

• October 17, 2013 / 8:35 am

Thank you, C! The shop owner picked it out for me. She thought I would like it and she was right!

7. October 16, 2013 / 3:33 am

You are def a hat person! I always wonder what it takes but I just look a plonker wearing them…

• October 17, 2013 / 8:37 am

You know I normally do not like hats on me. But these hats work for some reason!

8. October 16, 2013 / 4:01 am

My favorite part of blogging has been meeting new friends, too. And you look more than gorgeous in your new hat, great find! xo

• October 17, 2013 / 8:37 am

Thank you, Patti. If I ever get to Florida, I will be looking you up for sure!

9. October 16, 2013 / 7:14 am

How fun to meet up with all these bloggers! The hat is darling on you and that sandwich looks yummy;) We were in Yountville a couple years ago and I can’t wait to go back.

• October 17, 2013 / 8:39 am

Isn’t Yountville a great little town? Some of the best food in the world can be found there…and wine and shopping and chocolate and great hotels…what more could you ask for? 😉

10. October 16, 2013 / 7:44 am

Adrienne, I adore your hat! I think I’m going to have to get myself one. You look so cute in yours. How nice you got to meet with Amy! Looks like a lot of fun and you have to get to NYC! The shopping…!!!

Meeting you has been the best and I can’t wait to meet Heather! That has really been one of the nicest things about blogging.

I’ll check out Amy’s blog. Can’t wait to read about the getaway! xxKim

• October 17, 2013 / 8:41 am

Yes! Kim, you would look so great in one of their hats. They are the nicest people, too. Very helpful and friendly. I am thinking that you should visit in person and that I should go with you 😉
      I am very much looking forward to our blogger shopping trip with Heather next month. Can hardly wait to see you again!

11. October 16, 2013 / 9:05 am

Love your hat, Adrienne! It is perfect for you…looks like you had a great time with Amy….you are so blessed to get to meet as many bloggers as you do!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:42 am

I am very fortunate to have met so many bloggers and readers over the last few years. One day we will meet, too. I have a feeling. I have always wanted to visit SA. Looks like a beautiful town.

12. October 16, 2013 / 10:14 am

The hat is perfect! The fish sandwich looks really yummy. Now I’m hungry :). Meeting other bloggers is one of our favorite pastimes. We should definitely meet up at some point!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:44 am

We should meet, Susan. We are not that far apart…maybe later this year?

13. October 16, 2013 / 10:38 am

Love, love, love the hat. I so love the color. I want one now 😉 xx

• October 17, 2013 / 8:43 am

Isn’t the color gorgeous? That is what sold me on it. I just love that taupe shade this season.
      They ship internationally, by the way 😉

14. October 16, 2013 / 12:05 pm

What a wonderful day, sometimes you just have to splurge! YOLO!

• October 17, 2013 / 8:55 am

That’s right! I tell my husband YOLO all the time 😉

15. October 16, 2013 / 1:01 pm

That hat is perfect on you.

What a perfect day. Made to order really.

And that fish sandwich…yum!

I haven’t met any other bloggers in real life. It does seem like fun.

bisous
    Suzanne

• October 17, 2013 / 8:56 am

Thanks, Suzanne! I love this hat.
      It is lots of fun to meet other bloggers…I have met so many but still have lots who I would love to meet, like you.

16. October 16, 2013 / 7:51 pm

Wow, you had quite a fun filled day!

You certainly have met a lot of bloggers in the last few months. Can’t believe our first meeting was over two years ago already! 🙂

Another great hat, love the color on you!

• October 17, 2013 / 9:00 am

I have! Overall I think I have met about 10 bloggers and readers since beginning my blog. And have kept in touch personally with most of them.
      Was that really two years ago?? My gosh. Seems like just a few weeks ago.
      Hope all is going well with the wedding planning!
      xo, A

17. October 17, 2013 / 4:57 am

Adrienne your hat is absolute perfection on you! I have been thinking of this hat since I saw your photo on instagraml!! That store sounds like an amazing destination and is definitely now on my list to visit the next time we are in Napa!

Meeting you and Heather has definitely been one of my favorite parts of blogging. I tell everyone how you both are as beautiful and charming and genuine, in real life… as you seem on your blog! I felt like I was truly meeting old friends! The only down side… I have missed you both terribly…. so I can not wait to see you both again!! Getting us all together would be a dream!

Thank you for the sweet and generous blog shout out about Heather coming over for brunch! You are always so kind my friend!! Can’t wait to see you again Adrienne!

xoxo
    Tamera

• October 17, 2013 / 9:05 am

It’s a wonderful shop. I just adore the people who own it. They are lovely and helpful and they know so much about hats and how to care for them.
      I did enjoy meeting you very much. It was such fun. And so glad you got a chance to meet Heather. Isn’t she fun?
      Hope to see you again soon!

18. October 17, 2013 / 5:31 am

Congrats on getting in Redbook, how exciting and I love the adventure through Napa, I don’t even like fish and that sandwich looks so good! Cute pic too 🙂

xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

• October 17, 2013 / 9:07 am

Thanks, Dale! It was fun to see the photo of me and of Amy. So funny that we ended up right next to each other.
      Napa is so much fun…heading there again tomorrow for some winery visits through Skimbaco. Can’t wait! Hope you are well!

19. October 17, 2013 / 11:25 am

OK. I’m getting jealous that all these people are meeting you and I’m not. 🙁 How far is Napa from you?

Your sandwich looked divine. I’m not into exercising lately. You know who is waking at night and I’m just tired…..all the more reason to exercise, but would rather read your blog instead.

• October 17, 2013 / 12:22 pm

Napa Valley is just over a winding hill (mountain?) – about a 25 minute drive. The city of Napa is a little less than an hour. We mostly visit the valley, though.
      I am in the not-exercising-lately club. My back has been bothering me lately – need to do some yoga because bootcamp is not helping it heal!
      I would always rather read blogs than exercise…any day!

20. November 1, 2013 / 7:24 am

I LOVE this hat on you! Really fabulous. It may look too large on my short self, but I may drive up next weekend and try some on.

21. November 2, 2013 / 4:31 pm

I found your blog at Hat attack. Very entertaining post and beautiful shot of the sunset( I wish to take one like that). By the way I absolutely love, love the title of your blog.

22. November 3, 2013 / 6:28 am

Happy Anniversary! The two of you look radiant and happy, which is truly the Rich Life. I agree that meeting other bloggers is great fun and very rewarding.

Spectacular hat and it frames your beautiful face with perfection. Thank you for linking up with Hat Attack.

23. November 5, 2013 / 3:18 pm

Love your hat!
    It suits you perfectly, you would blend in with all the Grazier’s wives that for sure.
    Is it an Akubra?