Bloggers in the City: Shopping Finds

Heather of StyleMindChic, Kim of Northern California Style and I are back from our Bloggers in the Citygetaway. It was more fun than I could have imagined. What lovely, fun and interesting women they both are. I have so much to tell you it just won’t fit into one post.
I thought I’d cover the shopping segment and show you some of the great things I found while hitting the department stores in Union Square with Heather and Kim.
The view from The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus
Before we shopped, we played “ladies who lunch” at Neiman Marcus’s Rotunda.
We enjoyed a lovely meal and got reacquainted – or in Heather and Kim’s case, acquainted – over a bottle of pink champagne. Once lunch concluded, we headed to the festive first floor to check out the makeup and fragrances.
I have heard from a few friends that Giorgio Armani makes the best foundations. And since I was in dire need of a new one and Kim wanted a new tube of Eyes to Kill mascara, that was the first place we stopped.
There we met Fernando, makeup artist and product specialist for Giorgio Armani. He sat me down and went about looking for the ideal foundation for me called Luminous Silk. Once my brown spots were covered and my skin looked even, he asked me what else I was looking for. Well, I needed a new brow pencil, an under-eye concealer and I wanted to try the vampy dark lip look.
Fernando delivered and even gave my eyes a dramatic (for me) evening look that I wore the rest of the day.
 I love my Giorgio Armani products. They are so luxurious. Even the packaging is high-quality.
While I was being helped by Fernando, Kim and Heather were getting their makeup done by Tiffany, whom Kim and I met last summer.
Don’t they look great in their coral lip color?
The next morning, I woke up and decided to return the vampy lipstick. Thankfully I hadn’t opened the package yet. I knew I wouldn’t wear it enough to justify the cost. I could get a wine colored lipstick at the drugstore for less than $10. Why not splurge on an everyday lip shade for fall?
Back to Neiman’s the next day we went. This time, Tiffany chose a suitable color for me. This lip color from the Rouge Ecstasy line,  #201. It’s a pinkish brown shade that is perfect for everyday.
After leaving Neiman’s with lots of samples from Tiffany, we decided to shop for clothes.
Although Neiman Marcus was having a great sale, we wanted to check out Macy’s which suits my budget a little better.
We ended up on the Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, DKNY, Eileen Fisher floor. I must’ve tried on 25 things. I found a few things I liked, and then Kim brought me this number. It’s a DKNYC Floral and leather blouse that I instantly fell in love with.

I wore it Saturday night to dinner with my husband at our newly re-opened local restaurant, the Kenwood Restaurant.

I like how easy the top is to wear. I just added a pair of boyfriend jeans, booties and a great handbag and I am ready to go.

I also wore my new lipstick for the first time along with the other makeup goodies I bought. I can’t help but feeling more put together with makeup chosen by pros to suit my coloring.
More about the ‘Bloggers in the City’ getaway later in the week! And a full post about Hotel Monaco in San Francisco, who so generously sponsored the three of us, is forthcoming on my feature at Skimbaco Lifestyle soon.
xo, Adrienne

1. November 17, 2013 / 1:56 pm

It looks like you had an amazing time with the girls. Your make up looks gorgeous too, love Liz x

• November 17, 2013 / 5:18 pm

It was fantastic time. We had a blast and already planning our next getaway. Hoping other bloggers can join in the fun! I think you’re in the UK but that doesn’t mean you’re not invited.
      xoA

2. November 17, 2013 / 3:41 pm

How much fun…it looks like such a great time with the girls….and Fernando, of course! I love the blouse…so glad Heather found it for you!

• November 17, 2013 / 5:16 pm

It was a wonderful getaway! It would’ve been so great to have you there, too.
      Fernando was a highlight…what a lovely gentleman he is!

3. November 17, 2013 / 4:21 pm

Your makeup looks fantastic! (you look great without, as well : > ) I’ve been wanting to try a lipstick from the Rouge Ecstasy line. Great new blouse too! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday. xox

• November 17, 2013 / 4:57 pm

Do try it, Patti. It’s velvety and it lasts. I really love it. It has no funky smell or taste and the colors are so rich. Plus, the packaging is pretty nifty. It secures with magnetization. Very fancy!

4. November 17, 2013 / 4:27 pm

Loving your blouse on you and how you styled it! We had so much fun. Working on my post too. The bat kid experience was the capper on such a great getaway! And Fernando! What a cutie pie. Love the photo. You and Heather are the best and I cannot wait to get together again!
    xxKim

• November 17, 2013 / 4:56 pm

Thank you so very much for first of all, coming to the city with me and secondly, for finding this great top! I am going to wear it a ton. I really love it.
      The Bat Kid experience is one I will never forget and really put me on track to have a good mental attitude about the holidays this year. And Fernando…wouldn’t is be so lovely to have him do our makeup and give us skin care tips everyday? And Tiffy Taffy, too?
      I can’t wait to get together again as well..when and where is our next bloggers getaway? And who else is coming along?
      xoA

5. November 17, 2013 / 6:27 pm

Looks like such a fun time! I love makeup shopping when I’m not rushed and can experiment.

• November 18, 2013 / 12:35 pm

It was a great time. Maybe we can do a getaway down your way sometime!
      You’re right – makeup shopping when you’re not in a hurry and can test things out with a pro is the best.

6. November 18, 2013 / 12:45 am

You girls must have had a laugh! I must visit this nm in sf soon! But Fernandez is gorgeous by the way. But I am surprised how many samples the states give Europe is not so generous in samples but it’s their loss bc as I get older I don’t want to waste money on jars of cream without properly testing it…but love all the lippie houses too x

• November 18, 2013 / 1:08 pm

They were very, very generous with samples. Not all places around here are like that.
      Fernando was so wonderful! It was a great experience…the whole getaway!

7. November 18, 2013 / 1:45 am

This is such a cute post and your shopping day looks so fun. I love the NM Rotunda, it’s the perfect spot for lunch. You look beautiful in your new top and I love that you saw SF Bat Kid too! That must have been so special. I love SF!

xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

• November 18, 2013 / 1:09 pm

It was so cool seeing the Bat Kid event – or at least part of it.
      Isn’t SF a wonderful city? I love visiting as often as I can.

8. November 18, 2013 / 4:02 am

Your weekend sounded SO fun! How about a NYC bloggers weekend? I’ll meet you there!

• November 18, 2013 / 1:12 pm

It was lots of fun. And I have thought about a NYC bloggers weekend…that would be great! Maybe next year??

9. November 18, 2013 / 6:20 am

It looks like you all had such a wonderful time. I love the blouse you got and the way you styled it with the taupe booties, rather than the obvious black booties, is a brilliant choice.

• November 18, 2013 / 1:23 pm

I thought the black looked too severe with the top. Glad you like the taupe!
      Best buy of the season those booties are.

10. November 18, 2013 / 7:17 am

Adrienne dear-we had sooooo much fun in the city together. You and Kim are delightful!! I loved every moment. That blouse is so pretty on you-and yes, you will wear it a ton. Love the new choice in lipstick too.
    Honored to be invited to share such a wonderful getaway. Thank you. The Hotel Monaco did spoil us didn’t they? Until next time girlfriend…see you on the blog!
    xx, Heather

• November 18, 2013 / 1:26 pm

Yes, so much fun…wish we could have squeezed in another night.
      Hotel Monaco was so friendly and gracious and what darling rooms we had!
      Hope to see you again soon!

• November 18, 2013 / 1:28 pm

Thanks, Diane. I returned the Armani one, as I mentioned, but got a Boots No. 7 shade at Target that is a dark wine color. Will test drive it soon on the blog.

11. November 18, 2013 / 10:22 am

Love the DKNYC top and do tell about the white lace paneled button down…so pretty!

• November 18, 2013 / 1:34 pm

Thanks! The lace paneled top is from Target, believe it or not. It was just $25. And I love it! Here is a link to it:

• November 18, 2013 / 1:40 pm

It was an absolute blast! And the new lipstick is lovely – luxurious and a great color.

12. November 19, 2013 / 12:43 am

You look absolutely stunning in the makeup and your hair is great! What a trip this must have been! Thanks for taking us along with you:) xo Caroline
    Ps, I´ve changed name and blogg address:)

• November 19, 2013 / 9:28 am

Thank you, Caroline!
      It was a great trip. Hope to do it again in the next few months.
      Thanks for letting me know about your new name. I like it!

13. November 19, 2013 / 6:30 am

Great post. I liked the dark lip on you, I hope you get a dupe at a better price. Also, what is that blouse you are wearing in the pic with the makeup artist? White, with black lace inserts? Love love love. Who makes it? It looks especially good on you with that lip color and your hair! Wish I could’ve joined you gals for some fun! XO, Jill

• November 19, 2013 / 12:23 pm

It’s a Target blouse…super cute and you can throw it in the wash. It is white with black lace inserts. I wish they made them in other colors like a gray and a blush. Wouldn’t that be pretty?
      I wish you could have been with us, too. Maybe one of us could score a NYC sponsor for next year.

14. November 20, 2013 / 6:00 pm

Sounds like a fun week-end! and your blouse is gorgeous!!! Looking great my friend..xo C. (HHL)