One Trend, Two Generations: Activewear

It’s been quite a while since Tori and I have put together a One Trend, Two Generations post. We had the perfect opportunity to showcase how we each of us likes to wear activewear when Lorna Jane contacted me to review their line of workout clothes for both fitness and fashion.
Lorna Jane, an award-winning Australian brand, now has a US website and has opened twenty stores in California.
“Move, Nourish, Believe” is their mantra.  Founder Lorna Jane Clarkson is committed to these three principles in order to inspire others to live an active life and to live the best life possible. I am on board with that!

Tori and I both wear activewear regularly, at least a few days a week. She wears it when she goes running, to her volleyball class at college, to yoga and on hikes. Most of the time she wears vibrant, fun colors and often chooses tights or shorts rather than yoga pants.

Here, Tori is wearing a cotton Lorna Jane v-neck tee in a bright turquoise color that says “Love Life” which, if you know Tori, she certainly does. She’s also wearing fun rubber braided neon pink bracelet.

And she’s got on the Lorna Jane “Kelly 7/8 Stability Tight. They are shrink and fade resistant, fast drying and they are very breathable. Everything you’d want in exercise wear.

I mostly wear my activewear to go on walks and jogs and to run errands. I’m always on the lookout for lightweight jackets that will keep me warm on these cold autumn mornings but aren’t too bulky. This Saraya Excel Zip Through is just the thing. I love the details like the pleated shoulders, the thumb holes, the slim fit and that it’s UV protective! Like Tori’s tights, this jacket is also fade and shrink resistant.

And the color is just gorgeous. It’s my new favorite workout jacket. It’s very comfortable, too!

Tori and I had fun test-driving our new Lorna Jane activewear while trying to keep our balance on this obstacle course.

For warmer days, I chose a cropped relaxed-fit top to wear over a tank and/or a sports bra.

The Locomotion Excel Longsleeved Top is lightweight, breathable and it’s something I can wear with jeans as well as workout tights. And the fun pink color just makes me happy.

Lorna Jane products are fashion forward, high-quality and comfortable and I love their philosophies on life, very similar to my own. I will definitely continue to shop Lorna Jane for future activewear purchases.

As a helpful side note, if you’re planning on ordering from Lorna Jane, be sure to review the size chart. I found the sizes to run on the small end.

Are you familiar with Lorna Jane?
Where do you wear your activewear?

Disclosure: I received the Saraya Jacket, Kelly Tights, Locomotion Top, bracelet and Lorna Jane tee shirt free from Lorna Jane in exchange for writing a review on my blog. All opinions are my own, however.

xo, Adrienne

1. November 10, 2013 / 9:28 am

They just opened a shop in Century City, I noticed it the other day. You and Tori look adorable and I love that photo on the obstacle course. I always think I want to wear some colors in workout clothes, but I do default to black. But very pretty colors on both of you.

• November 11, 2013 / 6:58 am

I meant to go to the Lorna Jane in San Francisco while we were there a couple of weeks ago but didn’t make it in. Maybe next time.
      I like to always wear black on the bottom, then some brightness on top. I love this periwinkle blue color of the jacket. I own nothing else in that color but maybe that will have to change. Does Equipment make a blue that shade? 😉

2. November 10, 2013 / 4:15 pm

Wonderful workout wear, you two! You both look happy to be working out, and that’s not always the look around here : > Thanks for sharing this new-to-me brand, I’ll check them out. xo

• November 11, 2013 / 7:00 am

I am hardly ever happy while working out unless I am walking. Running, squats, lunges, etc. always result in a pained expression!
      I hope you do check out the Lorna Jane line. They have some great stuff – fashion forward and well made.

3. November 10, 2013 / 7:24 pm

I wear bright active wear and think that you two are adorable.
    I always wear balck on the bottom and vibrant colour on the top…it keeps me motivated.

• November 11, 2013 / 7:13 am

Bright activewear makes me feel a little more energetic somehow. It keeps me motivated, too!

4. November 10, 2013 / 7:51 pm

You two look so cute working out together…I do invest in work out wear, usually dark colors on the bottom, and bright on top. I think I exercise better when I feel pulled together…got in the habit from years and years of going to a gym. I guess it paid off since that’s where I met my husband! 🙂

I haven’t heard of Lorna Jane, just checked out their website. Cute stuff!

Like your Nikes!

• November 11, 2013 / 7:31 am

I always feel more motivated work out when I like what I am wearing. I have some activewear that is well over 10 years old. I think it’s time to get rid of it and replace it with prettier things like Lorna Jane!

I just got these Nikes. They are so lightweight and I love the colors.
      xo, A

5. November 10, 2013 / 8:24 pm

Adrienne I love comfortable breathable workout and yoga wear. These look and sounds perfect!

xoxo
    Karena
    Feature: “House Proud”

• November 11, 2013 / 7:35 am

Me too. It has to be comfortable otherwise, forget it!

6. November 10, 2013 / 11:33 pm

Hi! I’m from Down under, and wear Lorna Jane activewear to yoga at least four days a week. It is so comfortable and washes very well. I’m sixty years old and I find the it suits me perfectly. Enjoy our great Aussie product. Ann

• November 11, 2013 / 7:38 am

Hi Ann! I was hoping to hear from some readers from Down Under! Thank you for stopping by.
      I like hearing that Lorna Jane is so durable. That is really important to me. I think your Aussie brand is going to make it big here in the US!

7. November 10, 2013 / 11:44 pm

Hi nice to see an Aussie brand gaining a profile in the USA. I dance a couple of times a week and our dance teacher loves Lorna Jane exercise wear, as do lots of our class. I do enjoy your blog, it’s always a pleasure to read….who would have thought you have a fan in Melbourne Australia!!

• November 11, 2013 / 7:52 am

Hi shellbell! I am happy to hear your dance teacher is a Lorna Jane fan. That really says something.
      I like the quality of the fabric, more so than many of the brands we have available here. And I like what Lorna Jane stands for. I think I may adopt that mantra myself!
      Thank you for reading! A

8. November 11, 2013 / 1:37 am

People rave about Lorna Jane here in Aus as well. It must be great gear. Personally, I love a yoga pant- any brand!

• November 11, 2013 / 7:58 am

It is really great activewear. I love the rich vibrant colors and the fabric is great quality!

9. November 11, 2013 / 8:40 am

Great review Adrienne!! That blue is stunning on you. This is my first exposure to the line. Sun protection, built in? Sign me up!

10. November 12, 2013 / 6:51 am

Great post, another fun one with you and Tori! I don’t wear activewear outside unless I am going to run. I got so burned out of wearing it all the time back when I was doing heavy training for road races. You both look great. Is Tori wearing a Marc by Marc Jacobs pink bracelet? It looks awfully familiar to me from my stint at Bloomie’s last year! XO, Jill

11. November 12, 2013 / 7:30 am

Nope not yet familiar but I’ll have to check her out from your recommendation….& both of you are looking totally awesome here!!!

Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

12. November 12, 2013 / 1:40 pm

So cute…I always enjoy these posts! I am not ready to appear on the blog in my active wear yet….I need a pinch more courage!

13. November 12, 2013 / 11:44 pm

Don’t think we have her here at all. Mind you active wear in London is a bit blah but you two look so cute!

14. Necia
    April 24, 2014 / 4:35 pm

I live in sydney and have been a big lorna jane wearer. Try the flashdance pants. They are the best. Look fantastic, move with you and are stylish.