Welcome to My New Digs!

I said goodbye to a familiar sight yesterday, my former blog design and platform.

Screenshot 2014-01-23 08.31.10

And hello to the new and improved The Rich Life (on a budget). I have been chomping at the bit to show you my new digs for weeks. I’m so excited about this, I feel like I got a new puppy!

I didn’t need to make the move to WordPress but it seemed like the logical next step as I grow my blog into a career. I decided to make the investment in my blog last fall and upgrade to a WordPress platform for a number of reasons:

~ I now have more control over my blog since I am self-hosted (meaning I pay a small fee to have hosting).  I am not beholden to Google anymore and I can monetize anyway I want.

~ To have better SEO.

~ I have more gadgets and features to play with.

~ To me, a WordPress blog looks very professional. But that may just be a matter of opinion.

~ I have heard there is less spam. That in itself is a huge selling point!

I am in the process of navigating around my new blog and still exploring how to do things. My number one priority is that it’s a blog you find a pleasure to view and a breeze to comment on. If you’re having issues with either, please let me know. It’s normal to have a few glitches when transferring over lots of material. I have 3 1/2 years worth!

For those of you considering taking the WordPress plunge, I recommend using Boost Interactive Media. Owner Kelly Phillips is a pleasure to work with and so well-versed in all things WordPress. She is a former corporate trainer who specializes in teaching WordPress and building custom WordPress websites for bloggers, small business, and entrepreneurs. She really knows her stuff and is very professional with a friendly, easy-going attitude. Kelly is extremely patient with people who change their minds all the time and freak out about tech stuff. I know this because I am one of those people.

Kelly’s prices are already competitive but she has made them even more competitive for The Rich Life readers. Use this link to for a discount on a move to WordPress from Blogger. Kelly and her team do a great job and they are quite popular so don’t wait too long. They have limited spaces available.

A couple additional things: Google Friend Connect is now officially no longer available on this blog. Other options are signing up for emails so you never miss a post or following along on Bloglovin’. You may find both on my new sidebar!

My commenting form now asks for your email address but I believe you only have to enter it the first time you comment, thereafter it’s automatic. And it’s not visible to anyone else.

Take a look around and let me know what you think!

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Have a rich day!

XO, Adrienne

January 24, 2014 / 6:11 am

It looks beautiful and very professional. Love the photos in the header and the one of you on the side, makes me want to meet you for coffee right away. There’s something with the font of the “content” part of the blog that makes it harder for me to read easily. I’m not sure if it’s the font itself, or the spacing, or if it’s slightly compressed. I’m curious to see if other readers have the same problem? Congratulations on the big move – very exciting.

2. January 24, 2014 / 6:42 am

Very cool Adrienne! Congrats on your new platform…looks great!

3. January 24, 2014 / 6:43 am

LOVE it!!!! Looks gorgeous and I think I need to contact Kelly. She does gorgeous work. Absolutely looks more professional too. I love your photo and hey you are wearing your California necklace!

Also cool the little links at the bottom and the print button. I hope you love it! Can’t wait to hear how it’s working for you!
    Happy weekend!
    xx Kim

• Kelly Phillips
      January 25, 2014 / 7:59 am

Thanks Kim! Adrienne has a great eye for design, both on screen and off! Drop us a note if you want to talk about converting to WordPress!

4. January 24, 2014 / 7:11 am

This looks amazing and so professional Adrienne! But I am still so new to this thing and I have only just gotten a hang of basic blogger! But if I do change I will keep them in mind because it seems that blogging has its own codes and languages. Last time I tried to fix something I nearly deleted everything so I am very scared. But I hope this is a new start to the next chapter of your blog and I wish you continued and great success with it! x

5. January 24, 2014 / 7:16 am

Welcome to WordPress! I hope you like it here. I am not self-hosted but I have always enjoyed WP and the different themes they offer. I like the new look! Very clean and professional. Good decision!
    xo H

6. January 24, 2014 / 7:17 am

Looks fabulous my dear! I woke up at 4:30 … just thinking about you and your move! So happy the move went well!!

xoxo
    Tamera

7. January 24, 2014 / 7:57 am

Good morning Adrienne! Congratulations girlfriend! Your new digs look beautiful and it looks like the move went smoother than anticipated. What a relief to have it live today. I think you will sleep like a baby tonight. I’m checking it out on my iPad-fonts, spacing and all look great. Looking forward to more ‘enrichment’ from my fabulous ‘The Rich Life on a Budget’. So happy for you!
    xx, Heather

8. Chrissy Cuglietta
    January 24, 2014 / 10:36 am

I love the new site and many times I didn’t post comments because Google always got my various accounts confused, so I just gave up. We have used WordPress for our kids Boy Scout site. It is very user friendly. xoxo

9. January 24, 2014 / 11:57 am

Congratulations, Adrienne, very professional look and I like the comment system.
    Your “coffee photo” is just adorable!

Hugs,
    Annette | Lady of Style

10. January 24, 2014 / 12:26 pm

I love your new site! It looks very professional!

11. TracyB
    January 24, 2014 / 2:18 pm

Hey Sweet Girl!!! Your new website is lovely! The layout is so clean and streamlined. Kelly did a fabulous job! I’ve often wondered about creating a blog. Maybe now is the time….

Have a beautiful weekend! xo

• Kelly Phillips
      January 25, 2014 / 8:05 am

Thanks Tracy! Let us know if you want to chat. WordPress has so many advantages!

12. January 24, 2014 / 4:23 pm

Adore it. So happy for you. I’ve got to do it. The social media buttons make me want to do it.

13. Janelle
    January 25, 2014 / 6:39 am

Love the new site and look! Fresh, inviting and pretty, if I dare use that word…in the nest possible way!

14. January 25, 2014 / 11:30 am

Hi Adrienne! The new site looks fabulous!!! Congratulations on the switch over to self hosting. This is your baby, and you deserve to be fully in control of her growth and content! I haven’t been blogging that long, and initially set up both wordpress {the free one} and blogger blogs. For whatever reason, the blogger platform resonated with me more, and that’s what I went with. I still pop over to wordpress trying to familiarize myself with the dashboard etc., but for now I’m okay with being a blogspot gal. Every so often there is something that seems to go awry that makes me nervous and wanting to jump ship though. Will you be sharing any tips or trials, or did everything go smoothly?

15. January 25, 2014 / 11:32 am

Hmmmm….just left a wordy comment, but it didn’t automatically publish. Do you have a comment moderation on? I will check back soon Adrienne.

16. January 25, 2014 / 12:41 pm

Looks wonderful!! Congratulations and have fun with all of the new WordPress “toys!”

17. January 25, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Congrats on the new site! It looks great!

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

18. Stephanie
    January 26, 2014 / 5:43 am

It looks great!

19. January 26, 2014 / 7:47 am

I love the new look: congratulations! The photo’s in the header look amazing.

Kind regards,

20. January 28, 2014 / 12:48 pm

Your new site is as sleek and chic as you are! I’ve signed up for email updates and hope to keep up a little better. I went to a self-hosted Squarespace site last Summer and I have no regrets so I wish you lots of success on your new platform 😉

Alicia

21. January 29, 2014 / 3:38 pm

Congratulations on your new digs. It looks great and really describes what you’re all about.

I’m on wordpress also and I’m very happy.