Bloggers in Napa Valley!

When I met Tamera Beardsley last summer at her home in Orange County and saw the stunning brooch necklaces she had made, I was instantly motivated to make my own. Once I returned home, I set about finding brooches in thrift shops, antique stores, on Etsy and eBay and even received one in the mail from Tamera.

As I searched for brooches, I noticed a theme. I was drawn to pins associated with the wine country. I found grape clusters, bees and other insects, a hot air balloon, flowers, and I even came across a bridge similar in shape to the Golden Gate. I decided to make my necklace wine country themed. My plan was to have it ready to wear by Christmas.

necklace

I followed Tamera’s instructions and purchased a base necklace, wire, glue and asked my husband if he could dig out his needle-nosed pliers for me. I was all set to begin.

And then I wasn’t.

necklace2

Other things became priority – the holidays, travel, blog stuff  – and soon the DIY brooch necklace materials were put into a bag and shelved. I no longer felt motivated to tackle the project. It didn’t help that I am the least crafty person I know and the idea of making this necklace was always daunting to me.

But now I am ready to tackle it because I have a new motivation!

necklace3

If you read my blog last fall, you may recall Bloggers in the City, an overnight getaway I took to San Francisco with fellow bloggers, Kim from Northern California Style and Heather of StyleMindChic. We had such a great time, we decided to make it an annual event.

Our group has gotten a little bigger this year. Tamera and Jennifer of A Well Styled Life will be coming along in addition to Kim and Heather. This time, we’re heading to Napa Valley and we’re making it a two-night adventure.

Andaz Napa is very generously sponsoring our lodging and Napa Valley Tours and Transportation is treating us to a wine tour. To say we are excited would be an enormous understatement! I think giddy and ecstatic are more appropriate adjectives.

BNVlogo

We are firming up our itinerary that includes plenty of dining, shopping and wine tasting with lots of discussion about blogging mixed in, I am sure. And we will be writing, Instagramming and tweeting about our trip before, during and after.

We hope you’ll follow us along on our Bloggers in Napa Valley adventure!

If this doesn’t get me motivated to make my wine country brooch necklace then I don’t know what will!

1. March 19, 2014 / 10:27 am

Oh what fun! I know you’ll all have a marvelous time!!

2. March 19, 2014 / 11:20 am

Adrienne dear-I am beyond excited to join you and these fabulous women for an adventure in the wine country! Not only do I look forward to seeing your handiwork on this collar in person, I am looking forward to wonderful tours, tastings, wines and conversations in one of my favorite places. #bloggers in Napa Valley I can hardly wait!!
    xx, Heather

3. March 19, 2014 / 11:35 am

sounds fabulous!! looking forward to seeing your completed necklace too! (the pressure’s on now :)!!

4. Oh, I am so jealous! Would love to join this fun group…what a great opportunity! I can’t wait to see your necklace, Adrienne!!

5. March 19, 2014 / 3:26 pm

What a great trip. I so wish I could meet all of you, and tag along.

6. March 19, 2014 / 3:27 pm

Hi there!! Oh your meet up sounds like it’s going to be awesome, how lovely for you all! Can’t wait to see the end result if your necklace too! xx

7. March 19, 2014 / 3:34 pm

Adrienne, I just love your brooch collection … your statement necklace is going to be so fabulous!

Giddy and ecstatic are well chosen adjectives my friend!

xoxo
    Tamera

March 19, 2014 / 4:42 pm

Adrienne, I know you don’t think of yourself as particularly artistic or a DIYer, but from your photographs, I can see you have a very artistic eye, and a great instinct about composition and proportion. So – I think your necklace will be a great success. The brooches are beautiful and it’s a great looking base too. Your blogger get-away sounds wonderful and can’t wait to see the photos, especially with you in your necklace!

9. March 19, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Oh you ladies will have such a good time. Wish I could join you! And I can’t wait to see the necklace! XO, Jill

10. March 19, 2014 / 7:44 pm

You have definitley done your homework for this project, your collection of brooches are going to make one fantastic necklace. I’m so excited to see your finished product. If it makes you feel any better, I too, was so thrilled when Tamera posted her staement necklace and tutorial, both Tori and I have been on the hunt for brooches for over a year. Thanks for giving me just the needed motivation to finally finish it. As for your get-together, well, life doesn’t get much better than that. I look forward to seeing all your wonderful pictures of girlfriends having fun.

11. March 19, 2014 / 10:20 pm

Your necklace makings look so perfect for you. I may attempt to make one myself. Tamera’s looks so fabulous on her. I am so excited to meet you all next month!! It will be beyond fun! xoJennifer

• March 21, 2014 / 6:45 am

(sad face). I wish I could be there too.

12. March 19, 2014 / 10:47 pm

Adrienne, I am so excited to see your necklace. I am also so thrilled to be included in this group of amazing girls. Adore them all and can’t wait to spend more time together. It will be wonderful to meet Tamera and Jennifer in person too! Cannot wait! xxoo

13. March 20, 2014 / 2:18 pm

I would literally move to Napa just so I could be a blogger in Napa on this trip! Sounds like a lot of fun 🙂

14. March 21, 2014 / 6:46 am

I think your necklace is going to be beautiful! I can’t wait to see it.

15. Linda Salazar
    March 21, 2014 / 10:06 am

Sounds like you girls are going to have a wonderful time in Napa. Jealous!!!

Can’t wait to see your brooch necklace after it’s completion. I know what you mean about needing motivation to complete something. Amanda wanted one of those wrap bracelets after seeing a couple that I had made. I decided to include one under the Christmas tree for her, had bought all the supplies but kept procrastinating. I finally sat down one night about 4 days before Christmas and got it done by the next day. (Being under pressure always works for me) I was so happy when I saw she wore it for her engagement photo session! 🙂

16. March 21, 2014 / 10:45 am

Gee whiz, how does one get invited along to one of these fab events?!

17. Kelly Phillips
    March 23, 2014 / 7:07 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

18. April 17, 2014 / 10:47 am

Sounds like a fun trip =) Very nice blog and beautiful pictures =)

sprinkleofmetime.blogspot.com