With spring here, it’s time to for most of us to put away the winter boots and shoes and start thinking about warm-weather footwear. The most popular shoes for warm months are sandals. Showing off freshly manicured feet and polished toes is part of what I love about wearing sandals.
But I don’t always have freshly manicured feet and polished toes and often like to conceal my chipped polish or rough skin. Thankfully, spring footwear is not limited to toe-baring sandals. There are a variety of shoe styles this spring featuring closed-toes.
I have scoured the online shops and picked out my 15 favorite pairs of closed-toed flats for spring. And they are all under $100!
1) I’m starting things off with a pair of TOMS Red Essien Tribal Women’s Classic ($54.00) that I have in my closet. This is my first pair of TOMS ever and I find them incredibly comfortable. I wear them with a pair of loose fitting boyfriend jeans and a dark pink silk blouse.
2) These Sperry Top-Sider Espadrille Flats ($60.00), are one part espadrille and one part boat shoe. I love the natural ivory color and jute sole. I bet these would be great with a pair of patterned shorts or capri pants and a chambray shirt.
3) Remember driving loafers from the 1980’s? I had a pair of white ones with black rubber soles that I wore down to nothing. I love these Clarks Artisan Collection Dunbar Racer Loafers ($90.00), in a gorgeous nude shade with dark pink accents.
4) I am *this* close to buying these Steve Madden Eccentric Slip-ons ($99.00). Retro and so cool!
5) Fun colors and lightweight materials make this shoe ideal for a spring wardrobe. This Steve Madden Murphey Leather Flat ($60.00) features perforated leather and playful lucky penny holder. It comes in vibrant yellow, coral and turquoise.
6) Smoking slippers, as they are sometimes called, are traditionally a fall shoe. But not with this Me Too Adam Tucker Harvard Leather Flat ($90.00). Laser cut peek-a-boo perforations in the leather make for an airy spring flat. I love the navy blue color. Have you ever noticed that it’s hard to find a good navy shoe?
8) Looking for something more colorful? Try this Splendid Solvang Suede Sneaker ($78.00) in a gorgeous deep minty green.
9) Oxfords aren’t just for fall and winter looks anymore. These Sole Society Liesy Oxford ($60.00) let you show a little skin without showing your toes. Wear these with shorts, capris, dresses and skirts for a menswear look with a feminine spring touch.
10) Sole Society Kirby Ankle Strap Flat ($60.00) in red adds a playful and sexy touch to your warm weather look with a delicate buckled ankle strap.
11) Ballerina inspired Corso Como Femme Flats ($99.00) are flirty and fun. The hot pink color and wide criss-cross elastic strap make quite a statement!
12) Metallics have made the transition from fall into spring. And pointy toes are the trend in flats. Find both in this pair of sling-back Seychelles Reflection Flats ($85.00) with a small wedge heel.
13) White shoes have offcially made a comeback. Pointed white Footzyfolds Penelope Flats ($55.00) with a transparent trim are not only darling but they are foldable and come with a drawstring bag. Ideal for traveling!
14) A stylish nude flat goes with nearly every spring outfit. This BP Moveover Pointed Toe Flat ($50.00) has a flattering cut and fashion-forward pointed toe at a great price.
15) I saved my favorite pair for last. This Halogen Kayla d’Orsay Flat ($80.00) is chic and modern with just the right amount of whimsy to make them interesting but still versatile. They are adorable!
Which pair is your favorite?