Insta-spring!

Insta-spring!

Instagram is my favorite social media platform. For a visual person like me who enjoys dabbling in photography, it’s the ideal toy.

I start each and every day with a morning photo that I post between 5:00 and 7:00 am. It’s a ritual that not only signifies the beginning of my day, but starts me off on a positive and appreciative note. My morning photos are usually taken in Kenwood, where I live in the Sonoma Valley.

I think I live in one of the most scenic parts of America, the world perhaps. But during this drought we’re in the midst of, finding beautiful photo captures was a bit more challenging; doable but challenging.  With help from a few much needed douses of rain, the valley has gone from the bone dry, brown landscape of late January to a endless palate of  lush and colorful subjects, full of spring promise.

I thought I would share some Insta-spring with you from the last week or so to get us all in the mood for the season of renewal.

Enjoy!

Local mustard field in a walnut grove.

mustard-field

Foggy morning in the vineyards.

foggyinthevineyards

Spring is bursting at the seams at Landmark Winery.

landmark-winery

A scene from Kunde Family Estate Winery.

kunde-winery

Springtime blooms.

springtime-flowers

Barn owl house in a Kunde Winery vineyard.

owlhouse

A wild mushroom. Don’t ever eat wild mushrooms unless you’re a mycologist or you’re with one and you know it’s not poisonous!

springtime-wild-mushroom

Low hanging fog in a Merlot vineyard.

foggy-vineyard

After the rain…

springtime-flower-yellow

Instagramming this gorgeous tree at Chateau St. Jean winery.

tulip-tree

Is spring showing up yet where you live?

instaspringcollage

I hope you enjoyed my shots from Kenwood.

Have a great Friday!

1. March 7, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Gorgeous photos! Kenwood looks magical!

2. kathy
    March 7, 2014 / 3:25 pm

Wow – such gorgeous photographs. You really have a very artistic eye, not only for the subject matter, but composition, lighting, etc. In Los Angeles, we haven’t had much of any winter, and almost no rain at all. I can see a few things starting to bloom and come back after pruning, but it’s like it’s just been one long autumn. Worried about the drought.

3. March 7, 2014 / 4:12 pm

Simply beautiful, and I really like your morning ritual, Adrienne. I have irrational fear of wild mushrooms, however! They were growing under my previous home and I thought they were out to get me : >

4. March 7, 2014 / 6:44 pm

beautiful photos!! you live in a beautiful area. J have to get into this instagram thing.

5. March 8, 2014 / 7:45 am

Found you again A!!!
    Love the images. Spring is just starting to show itself here in London and also of course in Spain (where I was a few weeks ago).
    You certainly do live in one of the most picturesque parts of America. Us Europeans spend “good money” to holiday in your neck of the woods 😉 How lucky are you?
    Have a lovely weekend Sweets xx

6. March 8, 2014 / 10:17 am

What a lovely melange of photos… makes me even more eager for spring here in the DC area! I think the remaining mountains of snow may finally melt today…and I can’t wait for the spring blooms!!
    I, too, so enjoy Instagram – so many inspiring and uplifting photos offer a quick burst of joy throughout the day. Thanks for your beautiful morning posts!
    Anne

7. March 8, 2014 / 10:44 am

Napa certainly is a little piece of heaven. Love your photographs. Did not know that Instagram was your first love. Beautiful photos.

8. Linda Salazar
    March 9, 2014 / 8:03 am

Beautiful photos Adrienne!

Every once in awhile a see a wild mushroom in our grass and yank it out. I’m worried our dog might get ahold of it!

Have a great weekend!

9. March 9, 2014 / 2:53 pm

I always love your photos on Instagram, Adrienne! Your landscape is truly amazing.

Annette | Lady of Style

10. Margaret
    March 10, 2014 / 3:40 am

Beautiful! One of the highlights of my Monday is checking out your blog so I can have a great start to my week ~ thanks for these gorgeous images!