Insta-spring!

Insta-spring!

Instagram is my favorite social media platform. For a visual person like me who enjoys dabbling in photography, it’s the ideal toy.

I start each and every day with a morning photo that I post between 5:00 and 7:00 am. It’s a ritual that not only signifies the beginning of my day, but starts me off on a positive and appreciative note. My morning photos are usually taken in Kenwood, where I live in the Sonoma Valley.

I think I live in one of the most scenic parts of America, the world perhaps. But during this drought we’re in the midst of, finding beautiful photo captures was a bit more challenging; doable but challenging.  With help from a few much needed douses of rain, the valley has gone from the bone dry, brown landscape of late January to a endless palate of  lush and colorful subjects, full of spring promise.

I thought I would share some Insta-spring with you from the last week or so to get us all in the mood for the season of renewal.

Enjoy!

Local mustard field in a walnut grove.

mustard-field

Foggy morning in the vineyards.

foggyinthevineyards

Spring is bursting at the seams at Landmark Winery.

landmark-winery

A scene from Kunde Family Estate Winery.

kunde-winery

Springtime blooms.

springtime-flowers

Barn owl house in a Kunde Winery vineyard.

owlhouse

A wild mushroom. Don’t ever eat wild mushrooms unless you’re a mycologist or you’re with one and you know it’s not poisonous!

springtime-wild-mushroom

Low hanging fog in a Merlot vineyard.

foggy-vineyard

After the rain…

springtime-flower-yellow

Instagramming this gorgeous tree at Chateau St. Jean winery.

tulip-tree

Is spring showing up yet where you live?

instaspringcollage

I hope you enjoyed my shots from Kenwood.

Have a great Friday!

1. March 7, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Gorgeous photos! Kenwood looks magical!

2. kathy
    March 7, 2014 / 3:25 pm

Wow – such gorgeous photographs. You really have a very artistic eye, not only for the subject matter, but composition, lighting, etc. In Los Angeles, we haven’t had much of any winter, and almost no rain at all. I can see a few things starting to bloom and come back after pruning, but it’s like it’s just been one long autumn. Worried about the drought.

3. March 7, 2014 / 4:12 pm

Simply beautiful, and I really like your morning ritual, Adrienne. I have irrational fear of wild mushrooms, however! They were growing under my previous home and I thought they were out to get me : >

4. March 7, 2014 / 6:44 pm

beautiful photos!! you live in a beautiful area. J have to get into this instagram thing.

5. March 8, 2014 / 7:45 am

Found you again A!!!
    Love the images. Spring is just starting to show itself here in London and also of course in Spain (where I was a few weeks ago).
    You certainly do live in one of the most picturesque parts of America. Us Europeans spend “good money” to holiday in your neck of the woods 😉 How lucky are you?
    Have a lovely weekend Sweets xx

6. March 8, 2014 / 10:17 am

What a lovely melange of photos… makes me even more eager for spring here in the DC area! I think the remaining mountains of snow may finally melt today…and I can’t wait for the spring blooms!!
    I, too, so enjoy Instagram – so many inspiring and uplifting photos offer a quick burst of joy throughout the day. Thanks for your beautiful morning posts!
    Anne

7. March 8, 2014 / 10:44 am

Napa certainly is a little piece of heaven. Love your photographs. Did not know that Instagram was your first love. Beautiful photos.

8. Linda Salazar
    March 9, 2014 / 8:03 am

Beautiful photos Adrienne!

Every once in awhile a see a wild mushroom in our grass and yank it out. I’m worried our dog might get ahold of it!

Have a great weekend!

9. March 9, 2014 / 2:53 pm

I always love your photos on Instagram, Adrienne! Your landscape is truly amazing.

Annette | Lady of Style

10. Margaret
    March 10, 2014 / 3:40 am

Beautiful! One of the highlights of my Monday is checking out your blog so I can have a great start to my week ~ thanks for these gorgeous images!

Privacy Policy

We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser’s settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.”