Pastel Pink Jacket for Spring

Last week, I wrote about my experience shopping with a stylist. Malia, a wardrobe consultant and stylist here in the wine country, found some fantastic items for me to add to my spring wardrobe.  If I had to pick a single piece to call my favorite, it would be this pastel pink jacket by Guess.

pastel-pink-leather-jacket

When I saw this jacket hanging on the rack in my dressing room at Macys, I immediately fell in love. I had been looking online at pastel leather jackets but the prices did not suit my budget. Everything I liked was well over $1000. I figured all the low priced pastel jackets would be poorly made and cheap looking. But Malia proved me wrong!

This jacket, at just $85.00 on sale, is perfect for my budget!  It’s well made, and I love the quilted faux leather fabric and collarless motorcycle-style. It has gold detailing, zipper welt pockets and buttoned epaulets at the shoulder.

Pastel-Pink-Leather-Jacket

To style it, I went with all black. I wore my new jacket with J. Crew Minnie pants (on sale right now), my Covered Perfectly top, Sole Society Anneke shoes and to bring out the gold detailing on the jacket, I wore the gorgeous earrings that Tamera Beardsley so generously gave me last summer.

Pastel-Pink-Leather-Jacket

Having a pastel moto-jacket gave my spring wardrobe an edgy and modern boost it needed. I plan on wearing it with jeans, dresses, skirts and maybe even shorts this spring. And if I get it dirty, as I inevitably will, I can throw it in the washing machine! If pink is not your thing, this jacket also comes in an ivory shade.

I spoke with Malia of Style by Malia over the weekend and she wants to offer local readers a limited time discount on her services! Just use promo code “rich life” in the Shop section of her site to get your 20% discount. Offer ends on March 10th.

Are you adding a pastel jacket to your wardrobe this spring?

P.S. Be sure to visit Style Crone’s Hat Attack today!

All photos by Sylvia Steininger

1. March 3, 2014 / 7:41 am

Oooh, I really like the jacket. I’ve been looking for an affordable moto jacket myself and this is a great option! I have those Sole Society shoes, don’t you love them? This is a great modern edgy look but the pink also makes it feminine.

Cynthia
    www.myrosecoloredshades.com

March 3, 2014 / 7:50 am

I love your pink moto jacket – perfect and will go with so much. I’m really having a love affair with that light ballerina pink color as well. I did buy a pastel leather jacket, a blue/green minty color. I didn’t even know pastels were a trend when I bought it, but after I did, you told me!!!

3. March 3, 2014 / 8:12 am

Love this jacket!! I’m happy pastels are a trend right now. Looks great with your black. enjoy that nice weather — we got 4 more inches of snow this weekend. I’m envying you with all the daffodils in bloom. and great earrings too.

4. March 3, 2014 / 8:25 am

That’s a fabulous jacket, and will go with so many things! I love the black and pink outfit.

5. March 3, 2014 / 8:29 am

Cute jacket! And that first photo of you is stunning…one of my faves.

6. March 3, 2014 / 8:35 am

I love this jacket and your entire look, Adrienne! I am not a fan of black moto jackets but this soft colour gives it a very feminine look.
    Beautiful photos (as always!)

Annette | Lady of Style

7. March 3, 2014 / 8:40 am

Another wonderful look my dear! I agree with you on the extreme versatility of this jacket … I especially love your idea of pairing it with dresses and shorts!

I wanted to thank you again for your inspiration Adrienne … it was your post with Malia, your wonderful stylist … that got me thinking about making wardrobe choices outside of my usual go to’s. I have since purchased a leather jacket myself, a piece I have never owned before … and I am so excited with this wardrobe addition. Thank you for sharing your love of fashion … and inspiration to try the new!

xoxo
    Tamera

8. March 3, 2014 / 10:49 am

So pretty! Love the pink on you! Sounds like shopping with Malia was a fabulous experience!
    OXOX
    Dawn

9. March 3, 2014 / 10:49 am

Now I’ve added a blush pink moto jacket to my shopping list. I love the whole feminine/edgy thing going on there.

10. Gorgeous and the right price! You look lovely in this and the detailing makes it look very expensive.

11. March 3, 2014 / 11:08 am

Love it! It’s the perfect piece for spring. Love that it’s faux-leather too, and in such a lovely color.

12. March 3, 2014 / 1:16 pm

That would have put a smile on my face the minute I walked into the dressing room. Me and my love for pink. But this jacket was made just for you, it looks absolutely wonderful. Love how you paired it with all black making the entire outfit so classy. Now you and Tamera both need to pack those new jackets and come for a visit.

13. March 3, 2014 / 1:33 pm

Adrienne, Super pretty moto jacket. Love that and what a nice price. The Minnie pants look great with them and your cute heels. I need more of those Minnie pants. You can’t find anything like them anywhere, and I may buy them off your site here.
    Have a good week!
    Kim

14. March 3, 2014 / 2:01 pm

I’m loving this pastel pink shade on you Adrienne. Your black and gold make it more of a modern vibe. You will get lots of wear out of this. What a generous offer by your stylist friend. She certainly did a great job with your selections. Fun post!
    xx, Heather

15. March 3, 2014 / 2:01 pm

xx, Heather

16. March 3, 2014 / 2:43 pm

Really liking the shade of pastel pink against black, probably because I’m such a black-wearing individual. I think brunettes look amazing in all shades of pink!

17. March 3, 2014 / 7:33 pm

Adrienne… its beautiful and you look great in it. Looking forward to “How I Wear My”
    Suzanne www.chapter2twotoo.blogspot.com

18. March 3, 2014 / 7:40 pm

What a great shade of pink on you and I love how you both edged it up and made it elegant at the same time. Perfection! XO, Jill

19. March 3, 2014 / 10:05 pm

Gorgeous soft color on you Adrienne!! Black moto jackets have always left me cold, but this one is so lovely. Your photos are gorgeous as always and the styling is fabulous!! Of course Tamera’s earrings are stunning. xoJennifer

20. Love the new moto jacket. The color is on trend and the quilted detail really plays up the texture. Great purchase!

21. March 7, 2014 / 2:51 pm

Lovely jacket! Also love your sunglasses. Would you mind sharing who makes them? Thanks!

22. March 10, 2014 / 7:30 am

Ah oh. Danger danger! I love your pale pink jacket. I just bought alot from Ann Taylor that is pale pink and have been looking for a jacket. Love the pics, and your shoes are Marvelous on you!
    If you can, drop by as I am a follower but found your post on patti’s link up.
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com.