I knew if I ever posted photos of myself on my blog without a drop of makeup on, it would have to be for a pretty good reason. The people at Tria gave me a reason and I am so glad they did!
Last month, Tria sent me their Tria Age-Defying Laser and asked me to review it over the course of their recommended 12-week program.
What is The Tria Age-Defying Laser? It is a handheld anti-aging laser for personal, at-home use. It employs a laser light to activate your body’s own natural collagen renewal process to stimulate the growth of new skin cells, which in turn can reduce fine lines and create smoother skin.
I started using the Tria Age Defying Laser three weeks ago, carefully reading and following all directions. You begin the program by setting your Tria on level one, treating one section of your face at a time until a beep tells you to move on to the next section.
The first week’s treatment familiarizes you with using the device, prepares your skin for the next level and gets you comfortable with the sensation of the laser. I would not say that the laser hurts. It feels like tiny little warm pin pricks. Not painful but a bit uncomfortable.
Once you have completed five treatments in a seven-day period, you are ready to move on to level two, which is where I am now. Level two is more intense and the treatment takes longer, a total of four minutes, whereas level one lasts just two minutes.
I admit that the first night I used Tria on level two, I noticed more discomfort and I felt sunburned afterward. I worried that I would wake up the next day looking like a tomato but I didn’t. I only experienced slight redness that soon dissipated. As the days went on, the discomfort lessened and so did the redness.
I have been taking weekly photos of my progress. Photos are taken in the same room at the same time of day in the same pose – straight ahead and no smile so you can best see the progression.
Here is my first photo, taken Febrary 11th, a few weeks before the Tria Age-Defying Laser arrived.
I soon learned to pull my hair off my face for better progress photos!
After one week on level one, I noticed my skin was smoother. Not much of a visible change but let’s just say I could not stop touching my face, it was so lovely to feel! This photo was taken on March 5th.
After two weeks, I noticed the deep crease on my forehead had become shallower and my nasolabial folds or “laugh lines” were less pronounced. This photo was taken on March 11th.
After three weeks, the deep forehead crease is even less noticeable and my cheeks and the area around my mouth look more taut and full (my red nose has nothing to do with the Tria and everything to do with my springtime allergies). I even see that my brown spots are starting to lighten up a bit. This photo was taken two days ago, just shy of my three week mark.
Here are a few more things I love about the Tria Age Defying Laser:
1. Cost: While a Fraxel laser treatment in a doctor’s office can cost around $1000 per session, the Tria Age-Defying Laser is half that price.
2. Use it in your own home: There is no driving to appointments, taking time out of your schedule or even getting dressed to use the Tria. I use mine right after I brush my teeth and wash my face at night.
3. No needles, no scarring: It’s non-evasive and although there is some discomfort, it’s very tolerable and after about a week on level two, I am completely used to it. Is it weird to say I sort of like the sensation? It lets me know it’s doing something!
4. Changes are gradual: People will notice but they won’t “notice”, if you know what I mean. The changes are very subtle but they are happening.
5. No down time: Many lasers you get in the doctor’s office require you to stay home to recover for a few days and even as long as 10 days or more. There is zero down time with Tria Age-Defying Laser, only temporary redness and occasional dryness.
6. Increases the absorption of serums and creams: Wouldn’t it be great to get your money’s worth out of all those expensive skincare products? Tria helps your skin absorb those products into your skin, allowing them to do what you want them to.
7. Easy to use: There is a very short learning curve with the Tria. You want to follow the simple directions in the booklet and make sure you cover each of the four areas of your face properly. If you’re not making correct contact with your skin, the laser will not activate. Recharging the Tria is a snap. Just set it in your charging dock until the blue light has stopped blinking. I only need to charge mine about once a week.
8. Safe: Tria is cleared for use by the FDA and has been used safely for years in Canada and Japan.
It’s easy to see why I love using mine so much!
Have any questions about Tria Age-Defying Laser?
Visit the Tria website
If you’re interested in buying a Tria Age-Defying Laser, you can purchase direct from Tria or from one of these retailers:
Disclosure: Tria gave me a Tria Age-Defying Laser to review and keep. All opinions expressed about Tria Age-Defying Beauty are my own.