Bloggers in Napa Valley: Andaz Napa and a Wine Country Brooch Necklace

Bloggers in Napa Valley: Andaz Napa and a Wine Country Brooch Necklace

In my last post we left off Bloggers in Napa Valley at my favorite hat shop, Montecristi Panama Hats and headed to downtown Napa to check in to our hotel, Andaz Napa.

Both Kim and Tamera describe Andaz Napa in their posts as “hip” and I can’t agree more. It’s the perfect adjective for Andaz. It’s modern, chic, sophisticated but also comfortable and so welcoming.

andazfront

We were greeted immediately upon arrival and asked to take a seat in the lobby. Our host offered us a glass of Napa Valley wine while we waited our turn to check in. We didn’t mind the wait one bit. It sure beat standing in a line!

kim-at-Andaz-Napa

Once we had our room keys, we bee-lined for our separate rooms. We only had a short time to get ready before meeting up again at Andaz’s outdoor lounge, Mercantile Social.

AndazNapaCheck-in

Once I had a look around at my room and all its amenities, I did a couple little happy dances then quickly got my outfit out for the evening’s festivities. I chose a simple black Tilden top with black ankle pants from J. Crew.

I went for simple because I wanted to showcase my new Wine Country brooch necklace. It would finally be making its debut at the cocktail party after nearly nine months in the works. I wanted to be sure that Tamera, who inspired me to make a brooch necklace after I saw hers, was one of the first people to see it!

Ta Da!

winecountrybroochnecklace

I collected these brooches over the course of many months from antique shops, thrift stores, boutiques, etsy and eBay. And I even received a couple as gifts. I had everything I needed to make the necklace months ago, but when it came to the act of actually putting the necklace together, I froze.

While I wish I could say that I somehow dug deep into my limited crafting skillset to make this necklace with my own two hands, the truth is I asked for help. My very kind and crafty friend Erin came over to my house to assemble and secure the brooches onto the base necklace, which was no easy task. It took two days and no less than five hours to make.

winecountrybroochnecklace2

Though I wanted to help Erin, it really is a one person job. So I did my part by talking non-stop to Erin while she worked away threading, clipping, securing and adjusting wires and brooches. I think there is a good chance this will be Erin’s last brooch necklace.

winecountrybroochnecklace1

Once dressed and refreshed, I headed down to the second level to Mercantile Social.

winecountrybroochnecklaceme

We settled in near the outdoor fire pit on an idyllic spring Napa evening.

Andaz-patio-bloggers

Along with our group, a few of our local friends joined us at Mercantile. I was thrilled to meet La Contessa who is as kind and warm as she is glamorous and stylish. I hope to see her again soon.

tamera-contessa

Erin and our mutual friend, Chris were also there as well as my new friend, Darla and Malia of Style of Malia. The entire evening was so much fun! I laughed so much my cheeks hurt.

Malia-me

Thankfully, La Contessa was kind enough to get a photo of the five of us. This photo is one of my favorites from the trip. I wish I had thought about getting all ten of us together for a picture. Can I just go do it all over again, please?

Andaz-Napa-group

I am so grateful for our friends who came to Napa to spend time with us.

Having ten friends with similar interests all together was one of the trip’s highlights.

More about our Bloggers in Napa Valley trip, including our non-stop, fun-filled day wine tasting will be on the blog next week.

Bloggers in Napa Valley

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: Andaz Napa generously sponsored my lodging for two nights. I paid for food, parking and other incidentals while staying at Andaz Napa. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

1. Just looks like such a fun and amazing time. What a great group of women…beautiful location…amazing styles…and your necklace is super cool!!

2. April 23, 2014 / 3:39 pm

Oh gosh!! This looks like it was a blast!!! Love how the necklace turned out!!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

3. April 23, 2014 / 3:39 pm

Adrienne. Lovely post and fun photos too. I so agree I wished we had taken a photo of all the girls that night! I don’t know what happened! They were all so nice. We had a great time with them. Really we couldn’t have chosen a better spot to all join up and get to know each other. I am wishing it didn’t go so fast! Love this and looking forward to your Skimbaco post! xxoo

April 23, 2014 / 4:02 pm

It just looks so wonderful – the whole trip. Your necklace came out great, really perfect for the area you live in, and you were it well. Maybe it’s your height, but it’s not overwhelming. Good job Erin for putting it together, and good job to you for choosing such great brooches.

5. April 23, 2014 / 6:02 pm

This post is bringing back such fun memories Adrienne. That cocktail party, and meeting the Contessa and such fabulous women, was a real highlight for me. I love this photo of our #bloggers too. The Contessa shared some lovely pics. I loved every minute of it.
    xx, Heath

• Maria
      April 25, 2014 / 1:01 am

Heather, besides all the beautiful ladies and their outfits which are mainly not accessible in European retail network, I dared to hope I might find somewhere online something similar to your leather bracelet….? Would you be so kind to reveal the source where you purchased it? I cannot locate any such leather bracelet (not too modern, not too classic) anywhere online, most of them do not suit my age…
      Thanks a lot, Maria

6. April 23, 2014 / 6:13 pm

So, I do believe you have started SOMETHING big here!!Everyone loved the trip the place the people………so you better start planning the next SOIREE!!How did you get this WONDERFUL idea?Being new to your blog maybe I missed that part?THANK YOU for allowing me to be a guest and I throughly enjoyed myself too!I couldn’t stop talking to the ITALIAN husband when I arrived home who was trying hard to listen but I know I lost him a couple of times!!!WHO?WHERE……………BLOGS with a roll of the eyes!HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS MISSING!!!!!
    XX

7. April 23, 2014 / 6:16 pm

What a great time with women in your world! And no better place than Napa! I realize how many fantastic women there are to be inspired by. Excellence is not that far away!

8. April 23, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Each post and photo of this trip is so much fun to see. And, that necklace . . . Wow! It turned out to be a great statement piece. I would be wearing that fun thing with everything I own (almost). But what a great little piece to glam up the simple denim day.

9. April 23, 2014 / 11:19 pm

Hi there!! What a wonderful post, I’ve loved reading about your awesome get together and everyone looks so happy relaxed and of course über stylish!! I adore your necklace too so well done to Erin as well it is stunning! xx

10. April 24, 2014 / 6:08 am

Andaz Napa looks amazing! So glad you ladies had such a special adventure!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

11. April 24, 2014 / 3:12 pm

Adrienne your necklace came out beautifully …. and you wear it wonderfully! Boy, did Erin really step up and show what a great friend she is … I know how much work the necklace is … but so worth it in the end!

xoxo
    Tamera

12. April 25, 2014 / 8:39 pm

Your trip looks so fun and glamorous Adrienne! PS – I loved your necklace you created from brooches too. Beautiful photos and you need to start the ‘Real Housewives of Napa’ but it looks like you’re having way more fun. ;).

xoDale