Bloggers in Napa Valley: Friends, Food, Wine and Hats

After four months of coordinating, our Bloggers in Napa Valley trip got off the ground last Tuesday. With my luggage crammed with enough clothing for a month (light packing has never been my forte), I headed out Tuesday morning to the Sonoma County Airport to pick up Tamera of Tamera Beardsley, who flew in from Orange County.

Our small airport allows those waiting for passengers to get right up to the tarmac. I was thrilled that I could watch Tamera exit the plane. I had a feeling she would be the most glamorous person on board and I was right! We hugged excitedly as soon as she passed through the gate, then loaded up my car and drove in the direction of our next destination: Napa Valley!

Tamera at the Sonoma County Airport

We drove over the hill and into the valley through the charming towns of  Calistoga and St. Helena before reaching our first destination, Redd in Yountville. Heather, Kim, and Jennifer would be meeting up with us for lunch and our trip would officially begin!

Redd Yountville

Once we all showed up at Redd and got settled at our table on their beautiful and relaxing patio, we began to get re-acquainted. But first things first. We all wanted to order a glass of what Napa Valley is best known for….wine! And toast to the commencement of our trip.

Wine-cheers

Heather of Style Mind Chic Life had driven down from Chico and Kim of Northern California Style had driven up from Los Gatos.

Redd-lunch

Jennifer of A Well Styled Life, whom none of us had met before, drove in from Contra Costa County. She instantly connected with the group and had us laughing in no time with her keen sense of humor.

Bloggers at Redd

Kim and I have gotten together four times since last summer. I sometimes forget I originally met her through blogging.

Adrienne-Kim

While we waited for our meal and sipped on our lovely wine, we got caught up on each other’s lives as best we could over lunch. Jennifer recently returned from a fabulous vacation in Mexico and Heather was on spring break from her job as school psychologist.

Our food arrived and exceeded our expectations. I ordered the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, spinach and parmesan. It was spectacular!

Redd Yountville

After we finished lunch, we headed up the road to Montecristi Panama Hats, a shop I visit whenever I am in Napa Valley. I have quite the collection of hats since meeting the family who owns the shop last year.

Jennifer found this gorgeous gray hat that compliments her blonde hair so well.

Jennifer-hat

Kim struggled with the decision of taking home a white Panama hat or one in a natural shade. She ultimately chose a white one and wore it for the remainder of the trip. It suits her so well!

kim-panama-hat

We all thought this straw hat with a pastel green band looked great with Heather’s outfit. There are so many choices at Montecristi Panama Hats. They have a hat for everyone’s taste. They even carry a wide selection of hats for men.

heather-hat

I brought home this straw hat with a leather chin strap. I love it and am sure to wear it often this spring and summer. It’s ideal for keeping the sun off my face and out of my eyes. I also picked up a fun hat for an upcoming fundraiser that I am volunteering for which has a Kentucky Derby theme.

Adrienne Shubin Hat

Once we finished trying on practically every hat in the shop, we decided on our purchases, then asked the owners to take a few photos of us.

group-hats2

Lunch at Redd followed by hat shopping at Montecristi Panama Hats was the ideal way to spend the first part of day one of our three-day trip.

group-hats

We traveled on to downtown Napa to check into our chic and luxurious hotel, Andaz Napa.

Bloggers in Napa Valley

More on that and our other activities in future posts.

Be sure to visit Patti’s for Visible Monday.

Visible-Monday-Logo-Public

And make it a rich day!

April 20, 2014 / 6:20 pm

It looks like everyone had a great time, and the menu at Redd looks fantastic. I can’t wait to be there and get a few hats! Great photos of everyone.

2. April 20, 2014 / 8:51 pm

The entire trip looked so wonderfully put together and a perfect way to form some ever lasting friendships. I’m definitely making a note to check out that place for a new hat.

3. April 20, 2014 / 10:38 pm

Oh such a great fun. Loved all the photos. Just reliving it all again reading this. It went too fast! Redd was pretty wonderful for an alfresco lunch wasn’t it? Love the hat company. My hat is my new favorite thing and I need to get another.
    Best part of all this was being with you all. Lovely post dear A.
    xx

4. April 21, 2014 / 5:15 am

Hats off to you lovely ladies! Looks like you had a wonderful trip and I’m dying over your Sam Edelman heels! I’m pretty sure I need to add those to my collection…

charity
    www.lifeafterbaseball.net

5. Some of my favorite people…how much fun! You all look so beautiful and joyful! Glad it was a great time with amazing ladies!

6. April 21, 2014 / 5:51 am

What a fabulous day – you all look radiant and I am so jealous of the hat-shopping! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xox

7. April 21, 2014 / 7:12 am

WONDERFUL!
    All the hats suit each one of YOU!From beginning to end the photos and posts seem like a GOOD TIME was had by all!So, happy I got to sneak in for a cocktail and meet the 2014 BLOGGERS IN NAPA VALLEY!What a treat for me too!

8. April 21, 2014 / 7:32 am

How fun! Love your hats and am looking forward to shopping for my own! Nothing like a hat for my bad hair days…. :-))

9. April 21, 2014 / 7:34 am

Adrienne what a fabulous adventure you have coordinated!! Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves and how wonderful to meet virtual world blogging friends in real life. Looking forward to seeing what you ladies get up to next!! happy Easter..C. (HHL)

10. April 21, 2014 / 7:38 am

Wow! you all look you are having a ball, but more importantly you all look so glamorous!
    Love all the hats chosen x

11. April 21, 2014 / 7:39 am

p.s sorry for the typo. Should say “you all look LIKE you are having a ball” 😉

12. April 21, 2014 / 8:02 am

Adrienne, Thanks for taking us along on this fun girls trip. Looks like you are all having so much fun:):) We’ve eaten at REDD and it’s SO good! The hat photos are darling. Enjoy your day! xxleslie

13. Linda Salazar
    April 21, 2014 / 9:58 am

Looks like all of you lovely ladies had a blast! Next time we are in Napa will have to give Redd a try.

That’s a lot of hats! 🙂

14. April 21, 2014 / 10:24 am

wow, you are all so beautiful. i mean really! looks like you guys had such a great time. xo

15. April 21, 2014 / 1:08 pm

Looks like a fabulous time! What a lovely, stylish group you are. Can hardly wait to hear about the rest of the adventures!

16. April 21, 2014 / 1:51 pm

Reliving this day has memories of our fun…flooding back! Thank you for all your hard work to make everything so perfect. XOXOJennifer

17. April 21, 2014 / 4:09 pm

Such a wonderful post my dear friend … you certainly captured our picture perfect time! I will always cherish my hats … as reminders of such a heart warming trip!

xoxo
    Tamera

18. April 21, 2014 / 4:55 pm

It looks like a riot! Good for you gals on taking some time to get together. Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures!! : )

19. April 22, 2014 / 11:19 am

As I mentioned to Jennifer … I was curious if there was a huge power surge in SoCal when you guys all got together. What a bunch of pure gorgeousness!
    Adrienne … I knew you were tall, but you are a complete Glamazon. Perfectly proportioned, you are.

20. April 22, 2014 / 12:17 pm

Wow you are just towering over everyone Adrienne. I knew you were tall but this really demonstrates it.

Looks like fun!

bisous
    Suzanne

21. April 23, 2014 / 9:12 am

Hi Adrienne,
    I wish I lived there because you look like a fun bunch of ladies. It’s so lovely to see such a supportive bunch of gals in our blogging community! Cheers, Deborah – Fabulous After 40

22. April 24, 2014 / 8:55 am

What an epic get together! Such stylish ladies, love the hat purchases. Great video too, so cute and fun.