!iT Collective Corset Denim for the Current Woman

!iT Collective Corset Denim for the Current Woman

Ever since the boyfriend jean made its debut a couple of years back, I have been reaching for them over my skinny jeans. They are so comfortable, relaxed and never fussy. But they don’t always work with the look I am going for. Sometimes I want to dress up a little more and wear a skinny jean that hugs my body and shows off its curves, but I can’t stand tight-fitting clothes.

When !iT Collective contacted me about trying out a pair of jeans from their Corset Denim line, I was hesitant at first. Would these be yet another pair of skinny jeans that would end up collecting dust in my closet? But after reading about !iT Collective, I decided it was worth taking the time to try them out.

itcollective5

By using the latest denim technology and craftsmanship, !iT Collective has created a line of jeans, pants and shorts that provide the perfect fit for their new audience, who they refer to as the “Current Woman”.

The Current Woman is someone like me: stylish but also adapting to her changing body. The Current Woman wants to be fashion-forward but doesn’t want to compromise comfort. And she wants to flatter her figure rather than hide it.

itcollective3

!iT Collective has aligned itself with this woman – with me and probably, if you’re reading my blog, with you – to provide denim that will make her look and feel confident and beautiful.

From the moment my Lauren Stretch Skinny Jeans arrived in the mail, I put them on and didn’t not wear anything else – save for pajamas and work out clothes – for four days. I kid you not.

!iT Collectives Corset Denim

Stretching, bending, sitting, kicking, reaching, running…anything you can do in your yoga pants, you can do in these jeans. Except they aren’t yoga pants. They are denim through and through.

itcollective2

Using the latest in tech fabric, these jeans stretch just enough to fit your body without pinching or creating the dreaded muffin-top. And they hold their shape all day long. No bagging in the seat or falling off your hips. By the time I took these photos, I had already worn them a full day.

They are slightly higher in the rise but not enough to be dated or considered high-waisted. They hold your abdomen in place without feeling like you’re wearing support wear or a girdle. When I wore this silky top, I noticed right away that the buttons of the jeans didn’t push into the fabric, making indentations. All of my other jeans do that and it drives me crazy!

itcollective1

I also like how the shape stays taut around the ankle and calf area, making for a slimming silhouette that accentuates a stylish pump or ankle-strap.

One problem I sometimes experience with certain jeans, especially skinny jeans, is that they are too form fitting in the lap area (trying to phrase this as delicately as possible). There is no tugging or pulling in said “lap area” with !iT Collective Corset Denim which is a problem that can not only feel awful but look awful, too.

itcollective4

These jeans have given my boyfriend jeans the back seat! I never thought I could wear skinny jeans that fit my figure so well and so comfortably.

!iT Collective doesn’t just make skinny jeans. Their line includes shorts, bootcut jeans, twill pants and colored denim. Check out the collection at Nordstrom, Zappos, and Amazon!

itcollectivecollage

Have a rich day!

Disclosure: I was given a pair of !iT Collective Corset Denim skinny jeans in the Lauren style to keep in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

1. April 4, 2014 / 1:39 pm

That second photo… you make me speechless!!
    I agree, boyfriend jeans are comfortable but skinnies are so sexy and you look fabulous, Adrienne. No wonder you keep on wearing them.

Annette | Lady of Style

• Brenda
      March 13, 2016 / 9:02 am

I get made best purchase Ever, corset Denim jeans was a great find love them so much I got the black pair and blue denim. Absolutely most comfortable jeans I’ve ever had cost little bit ,but so very worth every penny!
      Brenda.

2. April 4, 2014 / 1:53 pm

Wow! Those jeans certainly look amazing on you. Gorgeous legs and very flattering on the bum 😉 I’ll have to give them a try!

3. April 4, 2014 / 1:55 pm

These look like fabulous. I hate when the button on my jeans poke out into my top!! They look sexy and comfy at the same time, the perfect combination. I love your delicate description…no one likes or looks good with the dreaded “camel toe”. These look perfect. I’ll be shopping for a pair or two when I get home from holiday. Thanks for pointing these out to me. I’d never heard of this brand. Enjoy your weekend. xoJ

• April 4, 2014 / 5:58 pm

You are definitely rocking this look Adrienne. Your description is so good it makes me want to run, not walk, and find a pair of these. I love your ‘lap area’ review. I notice Jennifer went ‘right there’ with the ole camel reference which reminds me of how much laughter we will have on our wine country getaway. Great review!!
      Happy weekend girlfriend (from instagram I see it’s starting out very nicely!).
      xx, Heather

4. April 4, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Adrienne, those look amazing on you!! Good to hear they don’t stretch out either.

5. April 4, 2014 / 3:50 pm

WooHoo Adrienne! I agree with Annette … that second photo is a stunner! As always my dear … great honest insight … I will be checking these out Monday!

xoxo
    Tamera

April 4, 2014 / 4:28 pm

After having given up skinny jeans with stretch, I was sort of missing mine today, as the BF’s that I was wearing were sort of falling down and creating a very unflattering muffin top. I think I’m going to try the Taylor ankle version. These look great on you, and as others have mentioned, that second photo is particularly great, and the pockets hit just at the right place. Off to place my order right now.

7. April 4, 2014 / 5:18 pm

These look particularly flattering on you and with your comments of comfort I am sure they are going to sell like hotcakes! They remind me a bit of the Yoga jeans that are sold in a few boutiques in our city. I hope that skinny jeans stay in fashion a long time I love them.
    Are you getting excited about the Napa Blogger trip?
    Have a great weekend.

8. April 4, 2014 / 5:22 pm

You look super chic in those jeans. I will absolutely recommend them to friends and clients. Je vous remercie beaucoup. When they are available in petite sizes I will add them to my collection.

Cheers, M-T

9. April 4, 2014 / 5:26 pm

I would love to try these out, wow they look great on you Adrienne! Comfort is everything to me!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

10. April 5, 2014 / 6:33 am

Adrienne. These are so flattering on you. I am with you about the boyfriend jeans. I pretty much reach for my Page ones every single day. They are so comfy. That said they do not always look dressy or as flattering as skinny ones. Love that these felt so good that you wore them multiple days. That says a lot. Grea that they did not bag out or sag like so many jeans with stretch do after a short wear. I’d love to find these by me and try some on. They look very pretty with your suede shoes! xx Kim

11. April 5, 2014 / 6:51 am

Love the way they look on you, Adrienne!! Especially with those heels! I will check them out!

12. April 5, 2014 / 6:54 am

You look FAB in these jeans, Dear! Wow! I’m sold! Where can I go to try a pair on?

13. Linda
    April 5, 2014 / 8:13 am

I’m headed to the US for a vacation and will definitely try this range of jeans, they look to be what my somewhat older body needs. Thanks for the review, and you look really great!

14. Kim
    April 5, 2014 / 9:04 am

I tried 3 styles from this line in the fall. Unfortunately they all went back due to be so stretched out within hours of putting them on they were literally falling down. I will look to see if this was one of them. If not, I will try again.

15. April 5, 2014 / 9:52 am

These do look great on you.

bisous
    Suzanne

16. Linda Salazar
    April 5, 2014 / 10:49 am

These look so great on you…you have me convinced to order a pair to try out!

BTW, a couple weeks ago I purchased the Free People cardigan that you are wearing. I ended up getting the black/cream one for $35.00. I also bought your Enzo Angiolini ankle booties in black and because I loved them so much I bought the tan ones when they were deeply discounted. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

17. April 6, 2014 / 5:48 am

These could be up my alley. I will have to find a place to try them.

18. April 6, 2014 / 5:50 am

I actually like the price, too. You know I live in jeans, but I like that they have denim shorts, too.

Leigh

19. April 6, 2014 / 5:46 pm

Hi Adrienne, I found you today on Visible Mondays. What a great blog you have. I love the turquoise necklace! I recently started my own style blog and I am really enjoying the creative process. I can’t wait to spend some time looking at all you have to offer on your blog. cherie james (stylenudge.com)

20. April 7, 2014 / 5:19 am

Those jeans look great on you! Finding the perfect fit in jeans can be so difficult, for just about anyone, I think! I definitely like jeans that both stretch and do a good job of holding their shape!

21. April 9, 2014 / 9:00 am

These jeans look fabulous on you! I will definitely check this brand out. Love your shoes, as well!

22. Brenda
    March 13, 2016 / 9:06 am

Absolutely best jeans, love them so much got black and denim pair. Looking forward to getting the shorts. But unfortunately the shop has closed but can buy on line :).Brenda

March 13, 2016 / 12:00 pm

Hi Brenda – I was wondering what happened to this brand! I love them too but they seemed to have gone out of business. So hard for small companies to compete with the big guys.