Festival del Sole 2014: A Taste of Napa and Yoga in Wine Country

Festival del Sole 2014: A Taste of Napa and Yoga in Wine Country

Festival del Sole got off the ground last week. I had my first event Saturday morning at Harvest Inn in St. Helena, an outdoor yoga session taught by Courtney Willis of Rev Yoga in Napa.

After checking in, I was given a reusable tote, yoga mat and snack bar from the friendly people at KIND Healthy Snacks.

FDSYoga1

I found a place on the spacious lawn and prepared myself for an hour of yoga. I always look for spots in the back of the class. That way, when everyone else is standing on their heads or doing standing splits, I can go into child’s pose without anyone noticing.

FDSYoga5

It was a challenging class. I definitely got an awesome workout! Courtney was a fantastic teacher and had a great sense of humor. She kept things light and made me feel at ease.

FDSYoga3

What a privilege it was to do yoga outside in such a gorgeous and peaceful setting. I can’t imagine a better way to get Festival del Sole rolling!

FDSYoga2

After the yoga session, we were invited to the patio area to have yogurt parfaits with KIND granola and fresh berries. To accompany the yogurt, we were offered Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc – you know, breakfast wines 😉 – from Sullivan Vineyards. Remember, this is Napa Valley. Wine goes with everything!

FDSYoga4

I changed my clothes before heading off to the next event, A Taste of Napa for more food and more wine.

FDSTaste1

It was warm outside and I wanted to stay cool so I went for light fabrics. I wore Gap linen pants, a navy camisole, and my favorite sweater, Need to Know from Stella Carakasi (on sale now).

I brought my Sylvia Steininger Paris tote and wore Sole Society Olyvia pumps which were surprisingly comfortable. And I was on my feet all day!

FDS-StellaCarakasi-outfit

A Taste of Napa was bustling! There were over 70 vendors represented. Each one we visited was very friendly and eager to tell us about their products. We came across some new-to-us wineries and restaurants during the event that we will be sure to keep an eye out for in the future.

FDSTaste6

FDSTaste11

FDSTaste10

FDSTaste8

FDSTaste9

FDSTaste12

We even tasted some local brews. My husband certainly liked that!

FDSTaste7

We sipped…

FDSTaste5

and admired…

FDSTaste3

and tasted our way through the event, making several rounds around the complex.

FDSTaste4

It was a wonderful day from start to finish. I will definitely make a point of attending both of these events again next year. Starting the day off with yoga and lots of fresh air then following it up with some of the world’s best food and wine is a pretty good day in my book.

FDS-Taste2

I have more Festival del Sole events coming up this week. Follow along on Instagram for more photos from the events. And if you’re interested in attending Festival del Sole 2014, check out their website for schedules and ticket information. The festival runs through July 20th.

I am joining Patti over at Visible Monday today.

Visible-Monday-Logo-Public

Be sure to stop by and see who is wearing what this week!

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: My passes to Festival del Sole are complimentary in exchange for writing about and promoting the events. All opinions expressed here are my own, as always.

1. July 14, 2014 / 11:09 am

What a wonderful, healthy event, A! Thanks for linking it up to Visible Monday. xox

July 16, 2014 / 6:21 am

Thank you for hosting, Patti!

2. July 14, 2014 / 2:40 pm

Thanks for sharing this fun event, Adrienne…love it…breakfast wines??? Looks like tons of fun!

July 16, 2014 / 6:22 am

Breakfast wines – sound pretty yucky, yes? I only had about two ounces at the most. It’s not really my thing but it was fun to try in the moment. Champagne would have been a totally different story though 😉

3. July 14, 2014 / 3:10 pm

So fun! You are the perfect blogger for this event! Looking fantastic in your workout wear and your Napa style! Can’t wait to hear more…

July 16, 2014 / 6:23 am

Thanks, Debra!

July 14, 2014 / 4:35 pm

What a great start to the festival. Yoga outdoors in clean air is great. It all looks like so much fun.

July 16, 2014 / 6:24 am

The yoga was the most fun once it was over! That flow yoga is hard!! But I was proud of myself for making it through, even if I did have to resort to child’s pose a few times when everyone else was doing crazy stuff 😉

5. July 14, 2014 / 10:36 pm

Looks like so much fun! I would love to do yoga outside – and you would definitely find me joining you at the back of the class! Thanks for sharing!

July 16, 2014 / 6:25 am

The back of the class is where it’s at. Maybe someday I will be a front row yoga student but chances are pretty slim!

6. July 15, 2014 / 9:36 am

This event looks sooo awesome!! Wow, I wish I was there. So amazing we are blessed with such a rich and fulfilling region…wine country 😉 Thanks for sharing!

xx, Tiffany | www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com

July 16, 2014 / 6:26 am

We are so fortunate to live here – so much beauty, so much to do and see and eat and drink. To me, it’s paradise!

7. Jill
    July 15, 2014 / 7:38 pm

So cool, what a fun event to attend. I love the idea of breakfast wines but then I would need a breakfast nap right afterward. Ha. Love that Sylva S. tote on you, you make it look so chic! XO, Jill

July 16, 2014 / 6:27 am

Ha! Yeah, I needed a nap just from the challenging yoga class!
      My Sylvia tote was perfect for the event and I love how the pattern goes so well with navy. It really is a gorgeous bag. I use it all the time.

8. Pingback: Stella Carakasi
  9. July 16, 2014 / 3:55 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. I love Darioush! Sounds like a great event and I like the idea of starting with yoga first so you can feel good indulging later. 😉
    xx

10. July 18, 2014 / 10:58 pm

I love it when there are generous tastings to be had. it makes me want to buy the products when I can actually taste them. too often the ones around here you had to purchase your samples. i gave up going!!!