Festival del Sole

Festival del Sole

As I mentioned briefly in a previous post, I am elated to have been invited to attend Festival del Sole this year in Napa Valley!

Festival del Sole is a ten-day culinary, wine, wellness, music, dance and theatre celebration. Covering this event is a dream come true for me, both as a writer/blogger and as a lover of Wine Country.

Just take a look at this gorgeous program. It reads like a Wine Country fantasy!

I am slated to attend five events during Festival del Sole. My first event is Yoga in the Vineyard at Harvest Inn, one of my favorite Napa Valley properties. I have written about Harvest Inn before (here and here).  It’s the ideal place and the ideal way to kick off covering the festival.

harvestinnyoga

After yoga, I am heading over to the city of Napa for A Taste of NapaI’ve got to replace all the calories – and then some – that I burned stretching and posing earlier in the day! Seventy restaurants, breweries and wineries will be participating this year. I had better bring my appetite!

tasteofnapa

On the 16th, I will visit majestic Castello di Amorosa for an outdoor concert. Zukerman Chamber Players, with Pinchas Zukerman on violin, will perform under the stars next Wednesday night.

After the concert, I have been invited to celebrate Mr. Zukerman’s birthday at Robert Modavi Winery with a wine reception and dinner. Excited does not begin to describe my feelings about this!

zuckerman

The final event I will be attending is a Wellness Conversation at Baredessono in Yountville.  I actually requested to attend this specifically for two reasons: it sounds like a fascinating seminar and I love to learn about wellness and it’s at Bardessono. I have heard so much about this property and have been curious to see it in person.

bardessono

When I received my invitation a few weeks ago and studied my itinerary, I immediately wondered what in the world I would wear to the Zukerman concert and the dinner at Robert Mondavi Winery. I knew wanted to be cool – always a goal in the middle of July around here – and comfortable. But I also wanted to look dressed up and appropriate for the event.

I came across this Perforated Dress at Banana Republic recently and decided to give it a try. With my height and my long torso, I have a hard time wearing dresses with a defined waistline. This dress had a slight curvature at the waist but no seam, which is great for me.

blackBR3

I really like the perforated material covering the arms. It makes the dress a little more exciting and it keeps me as cool as a sleeveless dress would. I don’t generally mind wearing sleeveless tops and dresses but sometimes, I just prefer to cover my upper arms.

blackBR2

I am wearing my Sole Society Anneke pumps (my “Valentinos on a budget) and bringing along a vintage evening bag that’s small but roomy enough for my phone, lipstick, a mirror and some mints.

blackBR1

For some glamour I am wearing my favorite statement earrings given to me and made by my friend – who I am sure you know – dear Tamera Beardsley.

festival-look

I will most likely wear my hair up – something I rarely do anymore – to show off the earrings and this great scoop back. I didn’t realize when I bought the dress online that it had this sexy feature. I think it adds more interest to the dress and will make me even cooler.

I won’t leave the house without bringing a pashmina or even a jacket with me. You never know when the fog will roll in and drop the temperatures twenty or thirty degrees.

blackBRback

I have yet to select my outfits for A Taste of Napa and the Wellness Conversation, but at least I have the most difficult fashion decision out of the way early on.

This is going to be an unforgettable cultural and educational experience and certain to be fun and delicious, as well! I’ll be Instagramming photos from the events at Festival del Sole, if you’d like to follow along!

Visit the Festival del Sole website to find out more about the events and how to get tickets.

And follow them on Facebook for up-to-date information.

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: My passes to Festival del Sole are complimentary in exchange for writing about and promoting the events. All opinions expressed here are my own, as always.

1. July 9, 2014 / 6:43 pm

Again, huge congratulations for the honor of being asked to cover such a cultural extravaganza … a well deserved honor I must say! You know I can’t wait to follow along via instagram!

You look absolutely gorgeous in your chosen attire my dear … and have styled it to perfection!! I got chills when I realized you were wearing my earrings … as they look absolutely stunning on you!

xoxo
    Tamera

July 10, 2014 / 9:47 am

Tamera,

I can’t express how thrilled I am to attend Festival del Sole! I bet you would love it…so many beautiful venues, great wine and food and the music!! I can’t wait to hear the musical performance next Wednesday night.
      I love the earrings you gave me. They are my go-to baubles when I want to look dressed up. Thank you for giving them to me…so generous of you.
      See you in less than two weeks!! SO, SO excited about that.
      xoxo, A

July 10, 2014 / 9:49 am

It will be lots of fun. and I am so excited for you! Going to Italy for a story…that is a BIG DEAL! Way to go!

2. lisa
    July 9, 2014 / 9:18 pm

Love that dress – saw it at Banana the other day – do you ever try their “tall” or “long” sizes? Since I’m always sitting, dresses ride up and the woman at the store recommended that. You look gorgeous and I know you will have a great time! We are going to look into the Taste of Napa event … and have been to Bardessano – to the restaurant (Lucy). It was fab. Yay!

July 10, 2014 / 9:52 am

Lisa,
      You know I think this dress a tall but I am not 100% sure. I always look at BR’s tall stuff – especially their pants. I do think they overdo the tall lengths on some of their things. The white linen pants I bought are so long I have to wear heels. I may end up hemming them – which is such a rare thing for me to do!
      If you go to A Taste of Napa please let me know. I would love to see you there.
      I really want to eat at Lucy. Maybe I can finagle a way to eat lunch there after the Wellness Conversation next weekend.

3. July 9, 2014 / 10:35 pm

This dress is stunning on you and wow on those earrings!! This event sounds like a lot of fun. Can’t wait to read your review on it.

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

July 10, 2014 / 9:58 am

Thanks, Alice! I can’t wait to go!

4. July 10, 2014 / 4:47 am

The Festival del Sole really does sound like a dream event. I wish I lived in the area! And that dress is really perfect for it. Not overly dressy, sleek and very chic. Those earrings are gorgeous! Hope you thoroughly enjoy your time there. ~Cynthia

July 10, 2014 / 10:07 am

Thank you, Cynthia. I think it sounds like a dream event too. I have to pinch myself sometimes – it’s hard to believe I am going!

5. July 10, 2014 / 5:23 am

Adrienne, that outfit and this event look pretty awesome!! This looks like a perfect LBD just made for you and I love the hair and earrings. But, the event…how cool is that! Enjoyed your pictures.

July 10, 2014 / 10:04 am

A very cool event – chamber music at a castle. You can’t really beat that!
      Thank you for your kind words! xo

6. July 10, 2014 / 5:26 am

Congratulations – this looks like a fabulous event. Love your LBD! xo

July 10, 2014 / 9:58 am

Thank you, Patti!

7. July 10, 2014 / 7:53 am

Wow! You look fabulous!
    I love how you have styled your new dress…those earrings and your updo look amazing.
    Sounds like you are going to be enjoying the festival….the idea of outdoor yoga in the sun sounds appealing.

July 10, 2014 / 10:03 am

Thank you, Leslie! I adore the earrings Tamera gave me. They liven up any outfit.
      I am hoping it will be sunny on Saturday. It’s been foggy in the mornings around here lately but either way, it will be a great way to start the day. Then it’s on to stuffing my face with Napa’s finest!

8. July 10, 2014 / 12:31 pm

That dress looks fabulous on you and I’m obsessed with those shoes! Have a great time at the event, it sounds fantastic!

9. July 10, 2014 / 1:02 pm

You are so perfect for this festival. Definitely YOU! And you look magnificent in your LBD! Have a wonderful time!

10. July 10, 2014 / 2:02 pm

Stunning you look . . . perfect choice.
    I look forward to seeing more.
    This sounds like such an exceptional, “treat yourself” event . . .

11. July 10, 2014 / 10:41 pm

What a fun event you will be covering! I love Napa and will look forward to reading more about the fun things you attend. The black dress is stunning on you – absolutely perfect. Have a great time!

12. July 10, 2014 / 11:24 pm

Wow what an amazing time this will be! You are going to have so much fun. I love this dress and the shoes and also your hair up!! Gorgeous. Have fun and I’m looking forward to the Instagrams!! xx Kim

July 11, 2014 / 6:49 am

So exciting, such a great event to be invited to. I would love to go next summer. Love the dress, but would prefer your hair down or half back with it, it would look a little more unexpected (which you know I like), or even a messy ponytail, if you want to show off the very beautiful back of the dress. Bardessono looks so beautiful. Congratulations on being invited, you’ll be an asset to Festival de Sole!

14. July 11, 2014 / 7:17 am

Hi Adrienne,
    You live in such a beautiful part of the world! We were just in Napa for our anniversary and last Valentine’s day we stayed in Sonoma. We love the Farmhouse Inn and Healdsburg. This festival sounds amazing. Pinchas Zuckerman at the Castello should be a magical experience. As well as the other events you described. Love your look for this event! Perfection.
    Sunday

15. Linda Salazar
    July 11, 2014 / 8:23 am

What a fabulous weekend you have to look forward to! You have so many exciting events to attend these days, makes my life seem so boring! (except for Amanda’s wedding plans of course)

I did attend “A Taste of the Embarcadero” many years ago here in S.D. with some coworkers. There are many different ones sponsored throughout the city during the year, mostly in the downtown vicinity.

Love the dress from BR! And the earrings are beautiful, they make the outfit.

HAVE FUN!

16. July 11, 2014 / 1:41 pm

Wowza, you look fierce. love the dress, shoes and updo. What an amazing festival!

17. July 14, 2014 / 3:00 pm

Love your outfit and especially the shoes! I have been perusing every place I know looking for something that might satisfy both my Valentino lust and my pocket book. I just found the same shoes on Sole Society and will be purchasing them in a nude color. Great minds 🙂

18. July 15, 2014 / 7:55 am

I’ve been dying to find out what you decided on! I love this dress on you – flattering and so fashionable! You’re absolutely beautiful! Can’t wait to hear more about the festival.

19. July 16, 2014 / 3:59 pm

Beautiful dress and I love your hair up. Tamera’s earring are lovely. I can’t wait to hear about the concert. Also the wellness seminar at Bardessano will be interesting I’m sure. I hope you tell me all about it next week! Gee don’t get too wiped out for next week’s conference. This week you have been a busy bee! Fun though!! x kim

20. Pingback: Positively Friday