Misted Yellow

Misted Yellow

When I first saw that Pantone’s Misted Yellow was part of their Fall 2014 Color Report, I was certain I wouldn’t wear it. While it’s a beautiful color, I didn’t believe it would work with my wardrobe or my coloring. I vaguely remember having a pair of corduroys in this muted yellow shade as a kid back in the 1970s, but have never worn this Dijon mustard hue as an adult.

Yellow-and-gold4

During my last visit to Stella Studio, I picked up this Stella Carakasi Point of Interest Cardigan in Saffron, on sale for $89.00. I debated about it at first because of the color but ultimately decided to take it home with me and get creative.

Inspired by the beautiful decor at The Warwick San Francisco Hotel, I wore it with dark cobalt blue and white with my Misted Yellow.

Yellow-and-gold3

Silver accents would work with Misted Yellow but I prefer gold in general and opted to wear my new Steve Madden Annee espadrilles for a casual and comfortable look. I think Coco approves!

Yellow-and-gold2

For gold jewelry, I wore my new Onecklace that I won in a giveaway on Catherine’s blog, Not Dressed as Lamb. Instead of my name or initial, I decided to go in a different route. I have to say I think this necklace is pretty fantastic and it’s a great conversation starter!

onecklace

For eyewear, I wore my classic Ray-Ban aviators. These sunnies have gold rims and go with just about outfit.

Gold-Yellow1

I have a different view on this shade of yellow now and may incorporate more Misted Yellow into my wardrobe this fall.

Yellow-and-gold1

Along with my new gold shoes and Onecklace, I also had some gold added to my hair this week. My hairdresser, Addie of Dolce Vita Salon in Santa Rosa, used the French method of balayage, painting highlights on freehand.

balayage2

I love the added sun-kissed highlights. Addie also cut more layers into my cut for additional movement and lift and took a couple of inches off the bottom.

balayage

Next, I’d like to wear my Misted Yellow cardigan with gray and silver. Would you wear Misted Yellow? If so what colors would you wear pair it with?

How I Wear My Badge

Don’t forget that How I Wear My: Sandals is live next Thursday!

To be featured in the post, send a photo of you in your sandals outfit to howiwearmy@yahoo.com by the end of the day on September 2nd.

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: The Stella Carakasi Point of Interest Cardigan was given to me. All opinions expressed here are, as always, my own.

1. August 29, 2014 / 11:52 am

Great combo with the blue and white! I’ll have to keep an eye out for this color and give it a try.

2. August 29, 2014 / 1:47 pm

Love the cardigan and I have traditionally stayed away from that yellow but now as a redhead I am feeling more inclined to try it, what a great choice for your necklace

August 29, 2014 / 2:48 pm

I love it on you with the royal blue, and think it’s a beautiful color, but might be hard to wear for some people, right next to one’s face? Not sure if I’ll give it a try or not. I do have a Fair Isle sweater that has that color as the base, and lot of other colors near my face. Have never worn it as we never really had a winter in LA, but will give it a try for sure if we have one this year! I love the color yellow, and I think like most colors, there is a shade that works for everyone. Pairing it with gray would be beautiful as well.

4. August 30, 2014 / 9:11 am

Very cool! Love that color of yellow however, I too have left it out of my wardrobe for similar reasons. It’s all in how you pair it and a pop of color is always more memorable! You look great!

5. August 30, 2014 / 3:11 pm

I don’t mind this colour. It looks wonderful with your hair.

The necklace is brilliant! : )

bisous
    Suzanne

6. SISSY
    September 1, 2014 / 7:56 am

I ALSO NEVER THOUGHT OF WEARING YELLOW ! BUT.. YOU SEE SOOO MANY SHADES OF IT THIS SEASON IT IS HARD TO RESIST! SO, I STARTED OUT SLOW WITH A HOBO CROOBODY IN A GREAT SHADE. ONE STEP AT A TIME !

Author
      September 2, 2014 / 3:49 pm

A misted yellow handbag sounds pretty! That is a great way to add the color to your wardrobe slowly.

7. Jodie filogomo
    September 2, 2014 / 3:47 pm

I love the yellow. My favorite combo is yellow/red!

Author
      September 2, 2014 / 3:48 pm

Great idea! I will have to try wearing red with the cardigan. Thanks for the suggestion!

8. September 8, 2014 / 8:47 am

Hi!
    Your hair looks so natural and fabulous! I also love the yellow cardigan, one of my fav colors this summer, it looks great with the white BF jeans.
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess

Privacy Policy

We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser’s settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.”