Stella Carakasi Trunk Show

Stella Carakasi Trunk Show

Last week I attended the Stella Carakasi trunk show at a lovely boutique in Sonoma called La Brocante

la-brocante-sonoma4

Located just a few steps from the Sonoma Plaza, La Brocante is a charming shop filled with beautiful things. Handbags, gorgeous jewelry, scarves, and lots of gorgeous clothing. Diane, the owner, carries a wide selection of stylish and high-quality items from a variety of designers, including one of my favorite desginers, Stella Carakasi.

la-brocante-sonoma3

The trunk show introduced the Stella Carakasi Fall ’14 line.

La-brocante-sonoma

Malia of Style by Malia came with me to check out the line for her clients. Malia is always on the look out for places to take her clients to shop and for clothing lines that work with her clients’ lifestyles. Stella Carakasi and La Brocante both fit the bill.

We had a great time and got to meets some lovely people like Sharna who owns Cheveux,a chic and inviting hair salon located behind La Brocante.

la-brocante-sonoma1

No Wine Country event is complete without wine! Acacia Vineyards provided tasty Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

la-brocante-sonoma6

The dazzling and brilliant Stella Carakasi herself was there. Here, she poses with Sharon, an associate at La Brocante. Sharon is wearing the Redefined Jacket in Aubergine.

la-brocante-sonoma8

This radiant silver-haired beauty, also an associate at La Brocante, models the Take Note Vest, also in Aubergine. Such a stunning piece!

la-brocante-sonoma2

The ladies in white and gray show how well Stella Carakasi’s Spring ’14 line works with Fall ’14 pieces.

la-brocante-sonoma7

The coat hanging on the end of the rack is absolutely stunning! It’s the Far and Away Coat in Travertine. The color, the style, the material – all are wonderfully luxurious and chic!

la-brocante-sonoma9

I found my twin at the trunk show – my plastic, headless twin – wearing the same Illusion of Chaos sweater in Woodland with Look Sharp Leggings.

I loved the necklace the mannequin was wearing so much, I ended up buying it and have worn it twice already.

stella-carakasi-illusion-of-chaos3

The Illusion of Chaos sweater is unique in its design. Tucks and drapes in both the knit and crinkled georgette make for a romantic and fashion-forward look. It’s a sheer piece that you can wear a bra with or, for more coverage, a camisole.

stella-carakasi-illusion-of-chaos4

The back of the sweater also has an asymmetric hemline with plenty of draping.

Stella-Carakasi-Illusion-of-chaos-sweater1

This sweater is a great fall piece and I love the color.

stella-carakasi-illusion-of-chaos2

The pants are my go-to pants of the season. They are made with a thick ponte knit with plenty of support and dare I say, even a little lift in the rear! And what I really love are the elastic bands on the sides of the pants that smooth my waist, allowing me to wear longer sweaters and tunics without worrying about seams, belt-loops, zippers or buttons poking through.

When my husband saw me in these pants for the first time, he jokingly said, “Uh, you’re not wearing those without me.”  You know you’ve got some flattering pants on when your guy says that!

Stella-Caraksi-Look-Sharp-Leggings

I adore my Stella Carakasi Fall ’14 look. See the fall line and check out the deep Spring ’14 discounts online or at the Stella Studios located in Berkeley.

And if you’re visiting Sonoma, be sure to stop by La Brocante located at 156 E Napa St, to see all their beautiful things!

stella-carakasi-illusion-of-chaos5

Monday is the last day to submit your photo for the next How I Wear My!

October’s theme is Favorite Color. Jill of Everything Just So and I can’t wait to see how you style your favorite color.

How I Wear My Badge

Send your photo and a brief description of your look to [email protected] by the end of the day, September 29th.

The post will go live October 1st!

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: The Illusion of Chaos sweater was given to me by Stella Carakasi. I purchased the Look Sharp Leggings. Once I tried them on, I could not leave the store without them. All opinions expressed here are, as always, my own.

1. September 28, 2014 / 5:17 pm

You look fabulous Adrienne! That top and the earrings are gorgeous together.

September 28, 2014 / 8:34 pm

Thank you, Susan. That shade of green just calls for lots of gold! I bought those earrings years ago – at least 15. I love them because they are so lightweight but make a big statement!

2. September 28, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Adrienne! I am so glad I read this post because I going to Sonoma next month! I will definitively stop by. It seems like a really cute boutique. I really like that The Illusion of Chaos sweater is really chic and looks very good on you. Thanks for all the valuable info you shared in this post. I loved it!
    Blessings to you and your family, Jeannette

www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

September 28, 2014 / 8:35 pm

Hi Jeannette! Thanks so much for stopping by!
      How wonderful you’re coming to Sonoma in October. Best month to visit!
      Let me know if I can be of any help while you’re here.
      Best!

September 28, 2014 / 5:41 pm

I will definitely visit the boutique the next time we come up – so many of the pieces look great. They seem like clothes that you have to try on, at least the first time to see what works. Maybe after that, it’d be easier to order from their website. The Far and Away coat in travertine is really beautiful, all the colors in the fall collection are great, and you look wonderful. Hope you model some more of the selections for us, and I do wish they’d use you, and some other women on their website, showing the pieces styled.

September 29, 2014 / 7:32 am

Yes! Let’s do that for sure. It does help to try on the clothes. Diane of La Brocante has a great selection of Stella Carakasi pieces.
      I have the Far and Away coat and can’t wait for the weather to cool off enough so I can wear it! It can be worn in a lot of different ways so I am sure I will be getting lots of use out of it this fall and winter.

4. September 29, 2014 / 5:55 am

Wonderful pieces, Adrienne! You look gorgeous, xox.

September 29, 2014 / 7:32 am

Thank you, Patti! xo

• October 7, 2014 / 4:26 am

And thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday, xox.

5. September 29, 2014 / 9:07 am

Looks like such a fun evening…love the boutiques and the designer. You look awesome as always, Adrienne. Stella really does have some fun styles!

September 29, 2014 / 12:52 pm

Yes, she does! I love her unique pieces. They fabrics, cuts and colors are gorgeous!

6. September 29, 2014 / 10:09 pm

I really love Stella’s clothing on you. Beautiful pieces and what a lovely shop that is as well. I can especially see that top being something you could wear so much and for a long time! Lovely. You look so pretty in this color too! xx Kim

September 30, 2014 / 2:38 pm

When you come to Sonoma one of these days, I will take you to La Brocante and we can shop for Stella Carakasi, among other things!
      I will be wearing that top and the pants for a long time coming. They are such great pieces.

7. October 1, 2014 / 8:46 am

Oh wow those pants are FABULOUS!
    I can see why your husband made that comment!
    Does Stella have any shops near the border by any chance? We are in Victoria but Seattle is not too far for a quick shopping trip.

8. October 1, 2014 / 10:16 am

Wow! Your body is made for those pants. Your legs look a million miles long.

Very chic sexy look.