A Holiday Surprise from dressbarn

A Holiday Surprise from dressbarn

My husband’s annual holiday party with co-workers was over the weekend. I had known for weeks that it was approaching and still didn’t know what to wear. Last year I wore ankle pants and a blouse to the party – which was fine – but this year I wanted to get gussied up and wear a cocktail dress.

What a surprise when a big red box arrived last Thursday with a black cocktail dress inside! Also in the box were two bottles of Ruffino Prosecco, a chain mail evening bag and a darling little reindeer wine bottle stopper. Such a lovely, unexpected and useful holiday gift!

dressbarn-2

It was a holiday surprise from dressbarn! They sent me their db RSVP Ruched Halter Dress in black and it fits me perfectly.

dressbarn-5

I love the length, the pleats and the gold and silver beaded band at the waist.

dressbarn-7

I wore my favorite party shoes with the dress – these gold and black sparkly numbers I bought a few years ago.

sparkly-shoes

I thought about wearing my hair up – which I think looks dramatic when wearing a halter neckline – but ultimately decided to leave it down.

dressbarn-4

I pinned one side back with a rhinestone hairpin I borrowed from my stepdaughter, Tori. For accessories, I only wore diamond studs. The shoes and the beaded waist band were enough bling for me!

dressbarn-6

In case we happened to go outside at night, I brought along my fluffy boucle coat that I bought for a song about 15 years ago.

dressbarn-1

The party took place at Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa. We decided to turn the event into a mini-vacation and stay the night.

hyatt-santa-rosa

We enjoyed a late lunch at the hotel’s restaurant and we we returned to the room, a surprise was waiting for us. The hotel delivered a bucket full of my husband’s favorite beer and a bottle of Chardonnay. They also included a lovely cheese and cracker plate. What a way to make a customer feel special!

hyatt-santa-rosa2

Later, we were off to the party downstairs, but first a little Prosecco. Thank you, dressbarn, for the beautiful dress, the darling evening bag, wine stopper and Italian bubbly!

dressbarn-3

We had a terrific time at the party! Great food, wonderful company and plenty of room for dancing.

SRFD-party

Our holiday parties are now over, unless we decide to venture out for New Year’s Eve. If we do, I will be sure to wear my dressbarn cocktail dress again!

dressbarn has a wide selection of beautiful cocktail dresses to choose from, all at great prices. And they come in lots of sizes including petite and plus.

Did you attend some fun holiday parties this year?

Did you wear a cocktail dress or gown or go for holiday casual?

Don’t forget about all the great offers for readers in the Women in Business: Holiday Gift Guides.

Many offers are valid until the end of the year!

(Links to posts: one, two, three and four)

womeninbusinesslogo

A quick reminder about How I Wear My: Winter White. The deadline for submission is January 5th. Send in a photo of you in your winter white (600 pix wide or greater for best resolution, please!) and a brief description of your look to [email protected]. Visit the How I Wear My page for more information.

Be sure to come back and also visit Jill’s blog on December 28th for a special Best of 2014 How I Wear My post!

We are choosing our favorite HIWM looks from our own blogs – one for each month.

How I Wear My Badge

Make it a rich day!

1. December 22, 2014 / 8:52 am

What a lovely dress! You look smashing, festive and ready to party.

2. Linda Salazar
    December 22, 2014 / 10:09 am

Fab dress Adrienne!

Sadly no parties to attend this year…I was just saying yesterday that getting invited to one or two helps get you in the Christmas mood. (guess we will need to throw one ourselves!) We did have a glass of wine with our wonderful neighbors last night when we delivered their annual box of homemade Almond Roca. When we left their house Tony said “well I guess we can count that as one party”. 🙂

What a great photo of you and Bill. Looks like you had a great time.

Merry Christmas!

3. December 22, 2014 / 11:18 am

That dress is perfectly “you” – how did they know? Looks like a fab party, and now you can relax a bit with your gorgeous family. xxoo

4. December 22, 2014 / 11:32 am

What a lovely box to get get and the dress is perfection on you! Actually the first think that I noticed was the shoes … they are awesome! pippa

5. December 22, 2014 / 11:47 am

WOW…that dress looks amazing on you, Adrienne…and looks perfect for the occasion. I think Dress Barn has some excellent selections…it is one of the places I go to first when I need a dress! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6. December 22, 2014 / 1:20 pm

What a great surprise! You really look smashing!

Have a wonderful Christmas.

bisous
    Suzanne

7. December 22, 2014 / 11:35 pm

I love a halter style dress, because they are so flattering. This one is beautiful on you! Looks like a fun party!

December 23, 2014 / 5:14 am

Great dress on you! Nice surprise. Glad you and Bill had fun!

9. December 23, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Wow! You look awesome. Such a simple dress, but so perfect. I agree, hair down was a great look.

10. December 23, 2014 / 10:23 pm

No fancy party for me but that’s okay, I try to sneak in my sequins and holiday wear at work. This dress is so flattering on you and I love those heels. Have a Merry Christmas!

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

11. Jules
    December 27, 2014 / 9:00 pm

Lovely!!! I love seeing your instagram feed on my phone, and always love seeing your blog posts. I’ve followed you for so long, and I just love how your style is timeless through the years!! Yay for a gorgeous dress from Dress Barn!!! Happy Belated Christmas!!!

<3 Jules