Marsala

Marsala

Pantone has selected their color of the year for 2015 and it’s a real beauty this time. Marsala is an earthy wine color. Close to burgundy – which is my favorite color – this is a shade I was already in love with and look forward to seeing how designers add this color to their lines. Pantone tells us Marsala “enriches our minds, bodies and souls.” Perhaps that’s why I adore it so much.

I bought this Burberry Rushworth coat a few years ago in a Marsala shade. I am still crazy about this coat and consider it my smartest big splurge.

Burberry-rushworth

My other favorite Marsala looks include this long assymetrical tank worn with a cropped Dior jacket (thrifted), skinny jeans and my gorgeous Ivanka Trump Tellas pumps.

jewelsofthevineyard5

I also added a Jewels of the Vineyard bracelet in a deep red – a little too red to be Marsala but pretty close.

jewelsofthevineyard2

For a more casual look, I wore the same tank with a Stella Carakasi Take It Easy Sweater, Boden booties and a boho hat from Montecristi Panama Hat company.

Stella-carakasi-take-it-easy-sweater

Stella Carakasi featured several pieces in their fall 2014 line in the color “Aubergine” –  a perfect example of Marsala. I love this Defining Moment Tunic.

stella-carakasi-defining-moment

Last October, I wore this Shape Of Things To Come dress to a charity event. Marsala is a color I like wearing close to my face as I think it suits my coloring.

stella-carakasi-dress3

Persolé recently came out with a new style that features Marsala. Skully Knuckle – my current favorite Persolé style – has a silver Alexander McQueen inspired handle. The stunning Marsala interior is layered with a black exterior. Persolé is made to be used for sun protection but is also 100% waterproof so you can carry it everyday!

Marsala-Persole

My most recent Marsala purchase is this midi skirt I bought on sale at White House Black Market (similar) a few months ago. I didn’t try it on before buying it and when I brought it home I realized it was a little too small. I kept it, though, thinking I would drop my holiday weight in January and I am happy to report I did indeed lose a few Christmas pounds.

marsala-skirt

Not a true Marsala shade because of its dark pink undertones, but close enough for me, this skirt is flirty and feminine. I wore it with a Banana Republic back zip sweater, Ivanka pumps and a Louis Vuitton clutch.

As soon as I hit publish on this post, I am packing this outfit and another more casual look for an overnight media trip to Calistoga. I have been invited to review the newly renovated Brannan Cottage Inn.

While I am there, I will be dining out at Calistoga Inn Restaurant, having a mud bath and massage at Roman Spa Hot Springs and taking a wine tour at Jericho Canyon Vineyard.

Sounds like heaven, doesn’t it?  You can follow my Calistoga getaway on Instagram.

What do you think of Pantone’s color of 2015?

Will you be wearing Marsala this year?

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: I was given the Jewels of the Vineyard bracelet, all Stella Carakasi clothes and the Persolé. Everything else, I purchased. My stay in Calistoga is sponsored. All opinions expressed here are my own, as always.

1. This is a great color for you, Adrienne…reminds me of wine country! Nice choices!

2. January 11, 2015 / 11:33 am

this colour is so you. I am loving it as well and it has nothing to do with the fact that it reminds me of great wine LOL

3. January 11, 2015 / 1:52 pm

I can see why it’s your favorite color, Marsala looks amazing on you. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful looks with us.
    Have a great time on your Calistoga get away.

4. January 11, 2015 / 4:54 pm

You wear Marsala so beautifully, A! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday and have a wonderful week ahead. xo

5. January 11, 2015 / 9:14 pm

I love that color – actually any color named after a red wine! It is very flattering on you. I used to wear it a lot when I still had dark brown hair. Now I’d just love to have a lovely purse and boots in marsala. And a Burberry coat like yours!

6. January 11, 2015 / 10:22 pm

I think this is my favorite Pantone color so far and is something I already have in my closet. Have a great time on your getaway!

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

7. January 12, 2015 / 5:49 am

Oh I do like this color. Burgundy is not a good shade for me, but Marsala may be – will have to seek it out!
    Happy New Year, lovely lady 😉

8. January 12, 2015 / 5:51 am

I adore this colour and I wish I still had the burgundy cowboy boots I bought last time it was in. I think we are similar height, size and age – love to see what you are wearing. And the makeup videos were excellent. thanks.

9. January 12, 2015 / 5:53 am

This is such a luxurious color! It is also super flattering on most skin types. Love your looks! And I LOVE my new persole! Thank you for sharing.

10. Jill
    January 12, 2015 / 10:30 am

Marsala is not such a great color for me but it looks amazing on you. Wow! I love all your selections here. XO, Jill

11. January 12, 2015 / 3:11 pm

You have so many marsala clothes. I love the tunic and dress, they’re both stunning. You look great in all the photos. I like the colour marsala but I would only wear it from the waist down as it doesn’t suit my skin tone.

12. January 13, 2015 / 6:48 am

This shade is beautiful on you! Especially love that dress!

13. January 13, 2015 / 10:12 am

Happy new year, Adrienne! Love the Marsala color and dying over your Burberry coat. No one tailors a wool overcoat or trench like Burberry, they’re the best.

14. January 13, 2015 / 10:44 pm

I really like this color, and it is lovely on you. My favorite is the Burberry coat – absolutely gorgeous!

15. Diane
    January 16, 2015 / 4:44 am

Although Marsala is a gorgeous color….. One unfortunately that does not work on my skin tones, I think it surprised many in the world of cosmetics, specifically the lipstick wearers. It is not a color one thinks of for springtime. I spoke with ladies that work in two cosmetic stores and they were shocked with this color choice right now, although come autumn they may change their opinions. Looks wonderful on you, Adrienne. Xox