Adora by Adrienne!

Adora by Adrienne!

I have some exciting news that I’ve been waiting for nearly two months to share with all of you!

If you read my blog regularly, you know that my favorite leather bag is by Adora.

adora-bags1

I carry one of their three colors almost every day: the vibrant cobalt blue, the vivid orange or the deep jet black.

unnamed

I was first introduced to Adora last fall when Matteo and Matteo, co-founders of Adora, contacted me to do a review on my blog. Once I touched, carried and styled my blue Adora, I knew this brand would be my everyday bag. I quickly bought the black bag, then finally added the orange a few months ago.

What I love about Adora is it brings together genuine Italian craftsmanship, the finest leather available, and chic Italian style to create a high quality, timelessly stylish leather tote.

Adora bags are handcrafted by Piero Di Ienno, a 6th generation leather craftsman in the town of Vinci, Italy, just outside Florence. Piero has spent forty years working with leather in Tuscany.

The quality of this leather is like no other bag I own. Soft and supple leather, expertly sewn stitching, sturdy but elegant straps and a stylish tassel that adds just the right amount of chic are just a few of the qualities I appreciate about Adora.

Each bag also comes with a clutch that can be carried separately if you want or left attached to one of the shoulder straps for security.

unnamed-1

I keep my important and most-used things in the clutch – phone, keys, lip gloss, credit cards and ID – so when I need them, I just reach inside the tote and grab the clutch.

Here’s where things get pretty exciting!! Two months ago, the founders of Adora asked if they could make a special, limited edition Adora bag available only to me and my readers. The color would be of my choosing and the label would read “Adora by Adrienne” (this is the mock-up for the label going on all the bags!).

unnamed

I told them I would have to think about that and get back to them.

Of course I am kidding! I jumped at the offer – practically hyperventilating – and was and am still honored to be asked!

We got started right away by figuring out what color I wanted for my Adora bag. From a dozen color swatches, I chose this gorgeous daffodil yellow, pictured here on a table somewhere in Tuscany. I call this yellow, “Italian Sunshine.”

adore-by-adrienne-swatch

My choice was inspired by the pattern featured in the Stella Carakasi Spring 2015 Collection, particularly this Attitude is Everything tunic that I wore recently in this post.

Stella-Carakasi-Attitude-is-everything-tunic7

Last fall I saw this fabric throughout the Stella Caraksi 2015 Collection Look Book and knew I had to add at least one piece to my spring wardrobe. The thought of carrying a yellow Adora bag with this top was what sealed the deal!

Matteo and Matteo agreed that yellow would make a gorgeous Adora bag. Piero in Vinci got to work right away, crafting a bag for me to carry and to style for the blog.

As I type this, my bag is in transit from New York to my home in California, having arrived in New York from Italy last Friday. I swear I have become like my dogs who spend the day looking out the window for squirrels or cats or cars except I am waiting for the FedEx person.

The bag will arrive by the end of this week. I plan on posting the first photos on Instagram and will be following up with a blog post soon – styling it with my favorite spring pattern from Stella Carakasi.

I told my friends at Stella Carakasi about my bag and how the Spring 2015 Collection was my inspiration for choosing yellow.

dress-chic600x315

They are so excited and supportive that they offered to throw a launch party for both my Adora by Adrienne bag and their Stella Carakasi 2015 Spring Collection during one special event!

The Spring Luxe Event includes a fashion show (modeling in the show will be my stepdaughter Tori, Tamera Beardsley and some other familiar faces!), and appearances by Stella Carakasi, and Matteo and Matteo of Adora.

And of course there will be nibbles and wine and lots of shopping going on at Stella Studio in Berkeley including special VIP promotions and pre-orders for the Adora by Adrienne bag*!

Invitations are going out very soon (maybe today!). Subscribe to The Rich Life on a Budget to receive yours!

three-brands

I can hardly wait to show you the Adora by Adrienne bag!

Make it a rich day!

*Pre-orders for the yellow Adora by Adrienne have begun! Orders will be taken until May 12th, 2015.  Send an email to me directly at [email protected] if you’re interested in ordering an Adora by Adrienne bag and I will give you the details.

1. April 15, 2015 / 6:49 am

ADRIENNE, this is so cool..the best collaboration story I have heard in five years of blogging! How I wish I could see the fashion show! Congratulations to you…they could not have picked a better brand representative and to have you, your daughter and Tamera in a show..how much fun is that! Cannot wait to see the bag!

April 15, 2015 / 7:07 am

Wow – so exciting!!! Great collaboration, and you know I do love yellow. The bags look so “easy” and I look forward to receiving my Adora by Adrienne bag very soon. Congratulations!!!!

3. April 15, 2015 / 7:14 am

Wow! Congrats, that is so exciting! I cannot wait to see everything, especially the bag! Peace! Cheryl

4. Michelle Lacy
    April 15, 2015 / 7:39 am

How very exciting. That sunshine yellow is THE color right now, it’s popping up everywhere and I think it’s a beautiful, happy color. Plus, it really is the perfect pop of color with a mostly neutral wardrobe. I can’t wait to for the event!

5. April 15, 2015 / 8:08 am

Adrienne I am ever so proud of you my friend! I agree with Pam … what a fabulous collaboration! “Tuscan style meets California chic” … even the tag line is magnificent … let alone the incredible designs involved! These are two wise companies to have chosen your gorgeous, professional and engaging self as a brand ambassador!

I am so excited and honored to come and support you at your wonderful event! I am also really excited to come see the designs of two companies that I have come to absolutely adore! Thank you for sharing your great style eye with us all! You always find the most wonderful designs!

xoxo
    Tamera

6. April 15, 2015 / 8:55 am

Oh how exciting for you Adrienne! No wonder you are watching out the window for the FedX delivery! I love your sunny yellow choice and look forward to seeing it styled here with your Stella clothing…
    Congratulations!

7. Margaret
    April 15, 2015 / 9:16 am

Oh yes!! I want one!! Congratulations!! Amazing color. Email sent!!

8. April 15, 2015 / 9:30 am

This is absolutely thrilling news, Adrienne! Congratulations. That yellow is magnificent!

9. Margaret
    April 15, 2015 / 9:40 am

i love the combo but went I went to order from Stella Carakasi’s website most of the stules in the yellow-infused pattern are already sold out in my size. Will they be adding more stock? Thanks so much!!

April 15, 2015 / 10:59 am

Hi Margaret! Let me find out and get back to you via your email. Thanks YOU so much. I am glad you love the pattern too!
      A

10. April 15, 2015 / 9:49 am

WOO HOO! Congratulations Adrienne! This is SO very exciting! I wish I could be at the show!

11. April 15, 2015 / 1:13 pm

Congratulations and well-deserved, A! I love the gorgeous yellow, xo.

12. April 15, 2015 / 5:14 pm

Oh Adrienne that is such a wonderful thing, I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see the yellow bag ( my fav colour). I wish I lived in Napa so I could try and sulk/beg/ask for an invite to such a great event. Cannot wait for all the pictures

13. April 15, 2015 / 7:52 pm

What an exciting opportunity for you!! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

14. April 15, 2015 / 9:54 pm

I’m cheering loud and clear (can you hear me?). I’m so excited for you! And so well deserved. Perfect color choice, I must add. Tamera mentioned she had plans with you the first part of May but didn’t tell me the exciting details. I’m just so sad I don’t live near by or had known sooner so my Tori and I could beg for an invite as well. Have a wonderful time with this event and take lots and lots of pictures so we can see afterwards.

15. Linda Salazar
    April 15, 2015 / 10:27 pm

That is such exciting news..how cool is that? Congratulations and can’t wait to see this bag!

16. April 16, 2015 / 2:38 pm

What great news! I’m so excited for you, and can’t wait to see the bag. Wish I could come to the show – I can’t wait to read all about it!

17. Debra Devincenzi
    April 17, 2015 / 6:53 am

How exciting is this!! Love the yellow and am looking forward to the preview soon!

18. April 17, 2015 / 8:21 am

🙂 Wow! Congratulations!
    I’m looking forward to seeing more of your new bag!
    HAPPY Friday! 🙂

19. April 20, 2015 / 2:33 pm

Hello Adrienne…how wonderful and exciting, can’t wait to see it 😉 The bags look fabulous and so soft.
    Look forward to hearing about the fashion show…have fun!

20. Mary
    April 22, 2015 / 12:37 pm

I recently found you site and have enjoyed the posts. The Adora bags are beautiful. I am definitely going to purchase as soon as I make up my mind which color. But I have a question. Did you treat your bags before using and if so what product do you recommend? Or have you used a cleaner or conditioner? Thank you

April 22, 2015 / 3:08 pm

Hi Mary!
      I did not treat my bag first. And have not used a cleaner or conditioner. I don’t think the bags need anything but let me ask Matteo and Matteo and get back to you.
      Thank you for your questions…I never really thought about this topic!
      Best, Adrienne

April 24, 2015 / 8:05 am

Hi Mary,
      I heard back from Matteo and Matteo. They had this to say about treating (or not treating) their Adora bags:

“We do not treat the bag before selling it. Our leather is the best available on earth, and it doesn’t need finishing treatments.

If you need something for stain removal or similar, I always suggest a natural/not aggressive cleaner, and to ALWAYS try that on the piece of test leather we include with the bag first.”

Hope that helps!