How I Wear My: White Jeans

How I Wear My: White Jeans

Welcome to the 46th post in the How I Wear My series!

With the unofficial start of summer just around the corner, Jill of Everything Just So and I thought this was the perfect time to devote a “How I Wear My” post to a staple of so many wardrobes this time of year—white jeans.

So let’s get things started with my How I Wear My partner, Jill of Everything Just So.

Jill tells us, “My two favorite ways to wear my Old Navy white jeans are with my seersucker jacket or my blue polka dot silk chiffon stole by Anne Touraine Paris. These are going to be my two main looks this summer!”

Those white jeans suit Jill perfectly!

HIWM white jeans collage

Trina of Tea Time With Trina goes for an all white look in high-waisted skinnies by Joe’s Jeans. She tells us she normally wears these white jeans with heels and her favorite way to style them is with a clean white slate: white on white.

I love the touches of gold Trina added with jewelry and her aviator glasses.

trina-whitejeans4

Susan of Une Femme d’un Certain Age says, “In LA you’ll see white jeans worn year round, but I find I wear mine most once the weather warms up. This is more of a summery look with a tie-dye tunic.”

I like the contrast here of the optic white jeans paired with soft pastels and dashes of black. It’s a very chic and modern look.

tunic+white_jeans1

Jane of Toronto Shopoholic wears white flared jeans with a chambray top and a vintage clutch. The white sunglasses really work well with this look.  And chambray with white denim is a classic combination that never goes out of style!

white-jeans-chambray-top-001

Deborah of Fabulous After 40 says, “In the summer I live in white cropped jeans. They look so fresh, especially when paired with a bright, silky blouse and some statement jewelry. This is my easy going Saturday afternoon outfit that I wear when I’m out shopping and doing errands. My apricot bag, from Coach, is a favorite of mine this season. I added some nude, pointy toe, studded flats for a touch of glam.”

What a great summertime outfit for just about any occasion!

Deborah Boland Fabulous After 40

Paula Chan of That Was Then This Is Wow wears her white jeans in a sporty way with a v-neck H&M sweater she recently purchased on sale and Coach sneakers. She says of her new sweater, “It’s a fun way to update! I am always looking for new, on-trend pieces to combine with my existing wardrobe.”

This is a great example of Sneaker Chic!

HIWM-PaulaChan

Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun tells us she stepped way out of her comfort zone for this How I Wear My theme! She’s wearing white jeans from the Loft with a Rag and Bone tank, Madden Girl sandals, and a pop of red with a London Fog bag.

I think Dawn Lucy looks fantastic in her white jeans – a fashion chance that I say was a success!

whitejeansdawnlucy

Nicole of High Latitude Style wears lots of color with her white jeans. She says, “I love the extremes like a very feminine floral print with white boyfriend jeans. This outfit is right along the line of boy meets girl. Oh, yes, and I do it again here wearing a cardigan as a top. In both senses, this look is so me.”

Such a vibrant look for spring and summer!

HighLatitudeStyle-23

Ana of Mrs. American Made wears white jeans, made in USA, in a casual way to go out shopping or run errands with cool shades, a breezy print top and open-toe wedge sandals. She tells us the looser fit is less “sticky” on warm days and she’s cuffed them for a summery feel.

What a great warm-weather look, ideal for Ana’s Colorado summers!

ana-white-jeans

Malia of Style by Malia says, “white jeans are so not me but I’m glad I took the challenge because I love the fresh summer feel of them. Plus pairing them with something like this striped cardigan made it more ‘me’.”

Love the striped cardigan with striped shoes!

IMG_2234

Beth of Style at a Certain Age says, “I love white denim and wear it year round. For spring and summer I like to add a pop of color. Today it’s neon orange. A pair of metallic pumps, a fun little clutch and I’m ready to dine alfresco.”

This is such a stylish, sophisticated and head-turning look!

beth-white-jeans

Alice of Happiness at Mid-Life tells us, “I wanted to have very spring vibe when I wore this outfit. I love how the lace picked up the mint in my spring plaid shirt and is a fun subtle way to mix patterns.”

Alice shows how pretty pastels paired with white and cognac is a great spring and summer combination!

alice-white-jeans

Libby of Libby Wilkie Designs says, “Daughter and I just went white jean shopping last weekend so this was very timely! I love love the jeans at The Loft: these are slightly cropped and fit perfectly. The necklace is from Target, about six years ago, and is one of my very favorite large pieces. The bracelet is from original Mahjong pieces, custom made. The indigo top/tunic is new, from Cos Stores in NYC. And the shoes, which dress up the outfit, are Tahari.”

What an elegant white denim look, from head to toe!

How I Wear My-libby

Pam of Over 50 Feeling 40 wears white pants from Chicos and a colorful blouse from Vince Camuto she bought at Stein Mart.

White with blues and greens makes for such a lovely and fresh spring palette!

Sandy adds a brilliant dose of color to her white jeans with hot pink shoes and matching bag. I like how the gray blouse softens the brightness of both the jeans and the accessories.

hiwm-sandy-wj

Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo tells us, “I bought white jeans for the first time in decades this year. I finally found a pair that aren’t transparent and don’t seem to make my lower body look huge. I will see how long it takes for me to spill chocolate on them while I’m eating my granola bars in the car.”

With her white jeans, she’s wearing the pendant necklace that she created herself and shoes she altered by hand painting with acrylic paints. So creative and so very chic!

white_jeans2_suzanne_carillo

Nora of Jacket Society gives her white jeans a glamorous boost! She says, “I am wearing an old Zara military jacket in black which I have paired with a Zara coated white skinny jean, my striped tee and a Jacket Society Chanel inspired necklace, some red sandals and black Gucci bag to finish the look.”

This is a look I can’t wait to try myself!

Outfit #1

Cherie of Style Nudge says, “I’m a stylist, a mother of four, crazy about dogs and a life-long collector of unique things. I want to encourage women to find their own style and to take style risks – Give them a little “Nudge”. I do a channeling series and for this post I channeled Jane Birkin.”

I adore this look and think Cherie looks stunning and incredibly stylish!

Cheryl of Northwest Mountain Living wears a chambray shirt with white jean shorts that have a cuff and wedge heels in a fun color called Poppy. She accessorized with a turquoise tassel necklace and earrings, a Michael Kors watch and a leather bracelet.

Cheryl is ready for a fashionable summer!

It’s taken me years and years to finally find a pair of white jeans that work for me. As Suzanne mentioned, it’s not easy to find a pair that aren’t transparent. That’s why these J. Crew Cone denim jeans are so great. They are thick enough to hide your undergarments from view but thin enough to be comfortable in warm weather.

I wore my white jeans with a Stella Carakasi sleeveless top and vintage garment-dyed jacket – both from the Spring ’15 Collection – and gray suede pumps by Sole Society.

adrienne-white-jeans-hiwm

I carried my yellow Adora by Adrienne bag. I love the brightness of the optic white jeans with the vibrancy of the bag.

adrienne-white-jeans-hiwm2

Thank you to all the stylish participants for showing us how they wear their white jeans. Be sure to head over to Jill’s blog for even more fantastic white jean looks!

Rising temperatures may be upon us but we bet you’ve pulled a few jackets—in lighter fabrics and strictly worn during warmer months—out of the closet in anticipation of spring and summer.

Join us in June for “How I Wear My: Spring Jacket.” Whether you like them striped or solid, in seersucker fabric or floral print, we would love to see how you style a lightweight jacket!

Send photos to us at [email protected]ahoo.com by June 1, 2015 and please include a short description of what you are wearing.

How I Wear My Badge

I will be back soon to tell you all about the Spring Luxe Event at Stella Carakasi!

Make it a rich day!

Disclosure: The Stella Carakasi clothes were given to me as was the Adora by Adrienne bag. All opinions expressed here are my own, as always.

1. May 6, 2015 / 5:00 am

Great looks! I love my white jeans too – always suitable for florida summers. xox

May 6, 2015 / 7:31 am

Yes, summer weather calls for white jeans!

2. May 6, 2015 / 5:31 am

So many great looks…this was one of my favorite HOW I WEAR MY…you and Jill look amazing as always!

May 6, 2015 / 7:31 am

Me too, Pam! I love this month’s posts…thank you for joining us. See you next month for Spring Jacket!

3. Pingback: Modern Tie-Dye Top
  4. May 6, 2015 / 5:53 am

Love seeing how everyone has brought their own personal flair to styling white jeans. Adrienne, thanks for hosting and your grey/yellow/white combo is very chic!

May 6, 2015 / 7:30 am

I love that tunic, Susan…really, I think I must own one. It’s so ideal for our weather and style here in California! Thank you for participating! xo

5. May 6, 2015 / 6:09 am

I love all the great looks in white jeans! White jeans always look so crisp and classic! Peace! Cheryl

May 6, 2015 / 7:29 am

Hi Cheryl,

I loved the surprise of white jean SHORTS this month from you! You have some gorgeous gams. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll show us next month for Spring Jacket!

6. Debra Devincenzi
    May 6, 2015 / 6:17 am

Great looks all! Inspired me to go out and buy a new pair of white jeans to polish my spring/ summer wardrobe.

May 6, 2015 / 7:28 am

Debra – you would look fantastic in white jeans! Let’s find you some…stat! xo

7. May 6, 2015 / 6:39 am

I love all the ways everyone style their white jeans. A group of stylish ladies!

Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

May 6, 2015 / 7:28 am

Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for your submissions this month. Love the pastel/pattern mixing you did.
      I will be sure to check out your link up!
      A

May 6, 2015 / 6:44 am

My favorite HIWM post ever – all of you look great. I rarely wear white jeans, but I did find a pair of ecru jeans, no stretch, not see through that I’m hoping I’ll get a lot of wear out of. Some great looks here, and of course I love chambray with white.

May 6, 2015 / 7:27 am

I just saw some ecru colored jeans on J. Crew’s site yesterday and am tempted to get them…sometimes I love the optic white look and sometimes I want something a little less bright.
      I think this is my favorite HIWM post too!

May 6, 2015 / 7:26 am

Erin! Please join us next month for Spring Jacket. Jill and I would love to have you!

9. May 6, 2015 / 7:01 am

What a great post and so many ideas here! I loved participating; thanks to both of you for doing this each month!!

May 6, 2015 / 7:33 am

Libby – I love your look. You make white jeans looks so elegant and dressy, even. Thank you for participating this month. Hope to see you for Spring Jacket in June!

10. Jill
    May 6, 2015 / 7:25 am

Wow, this is a great looking post! I am especially crazy for YOUR look, with that beautiful yellow Adora bag, and Nora’s outfit, with that Chanel feel I never get tired of. xx

May 6, 2015 / 7:35 am

This month’s posts are so fantastic! I love all of these white jean looks – just goes to show how versatile they are.
      Nora’s look is pretty spectacular, I agree. Everyone looks so chic!
      Looking forward to #47 next month!
      xo, A

11. May 6, 2015 / 7:41 am

Hi Adrienne,
    Thanks for featuring me. These are all great looks. I think the key to white pants in summer is to make sure they aren’t too tight, otherwise everything shows. Sometimes I find I need to go up a size to make them look chic. Cheers! Deborah

12. May 6, 2015 / 8:18 am

I knew I would get some inspiration from this post, thank you so much for putting it together. Can you believe the wonderful looks? I know I’m going to try hard to recreate Cherie’s look as well as Nora’s. But I have to be honest the look you put together with your new bag and Stella Carakasi blouse is to die for!

13. May 6, 2015 / 8:51 am

A beautiful collection of elegant and attractive mature women. Please find some blogs that I did not know, and I try to promote from mine. Beautiful post.

May 6, 2015 / 1:40 pm

Hi Josep-Maria! So nice to see you here again. I just added your blog to my Favorite Blogs page! Welcome back to the blog world. I missed you!

14. May 6, 2015 / 10:29 am

Thank you so much for putting together yet another great “how I wear my” post. Love everyone’s looks as I love white jeans and wear them year round, but then I live in Los Angeles 🙂
    Adrienne you look fab and I love that print top and thanks to everyone for their wonderfull comments about my look!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

15. May 6, 2015 / 1:30 pm

This was such a fun HIWM to participate in. I’ve always admired white jeans on others and had given up finding a pair that fit until I lucked out an scored a pair last month. I’m now realizing how versatile they are and seeing how all of the ladies in your write-up are styling them is so fun and helpful. I love the J.Crew jeans on you. I have a the same pair but in black. It’s so nice that J.Crew caters to us tall ladies by offering longer inseams

16. May 6, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Thanks SO much, Adrienne … you’re a doll! Love being a part of HIWM. This was a fun challenge and I can’t wait for the next one. All great ladies and all great looks!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

17. May 6, 2015 / 2:29 pm

So many great ideas for my new white jeans!

I especially love the grey and yellow combo. You don’t see it often.

Thanks for hosting again : )

bisous
    Suzanne

18. May 6, 2015 / 8:55 pm

Hi Adrienne!
    Thanks for posting my look! Everyone looks great!

The link to my site works, but the name of my blog is “That Was Then This IS Wow” not “…WAS Wow”. An easy mistake! 🙂

Here’s the link again:

I am updating the link to your site today. Your monthly theme is so fun! I will try to do next month as well!

Thanks again,
    Paula

May 6, 2015 / 9:00 pm

My apologies, Paula! I have fixed my mistake.
      I do hope you’ll join us next month. I love your white jean look on today’s post!
      Kindly, Adrienne

19. May 7, 2015 / 3:59 am

Loving all the looks with white jeans. I have so many more ideas on what to wear next 🙂
    Thanks again for featuring my look as part of the HIWM series. It is one that I really look forward to participating in. Looking forward to the next.
    Thanks again Adrienne!

20. May 7, 2015 / 6:56 pm

There is so much inspiration here. Loving all the different takes on white jeans. Love the color palette of your outfit. The gray and white with the pops of yellow looks amazing. Thank you so much for including me. I really enjoy being part of this series.

21. May 8, 2015 / 8:15 am

Hi Adrienne,
    I love all of these looks,! Ijust bought the pair of white jeans and a pair in boyfriend cut. There are so many styles for inspiration! I appreciate you sharing my look too!

xx jess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

22. May 9, 2015 / 7:08 pm

wow so many fantastic looks and I cannot believe i missed the party ( to much time on the road and I guess I haven’t yet had a chance to wear my white jeans). Thanks for always sharing and dang I love that bag