1 Tunic, 1 Pair of Jeans, 6 Looks

After losing my luggage last month on my way to Seattle (more on that in a later post), I have been browsing my favorite online shops in the hopes of replacing some of my much-loved, often worn clothing.

A couple of my favorite tunics were in my suitcase and I find myself reaching for them over and over again, only to remember they’re gone. Poof!

Lucky for me, Nordstrom had just the tunics I was looking for: a stylish split-neck version made with lightweight, flowing fabric at the reasonable price of $42. I bought it in three easy-to-wear colors: off-white, olive and black.

These tunics are quite versatile! By changing the way I accessorize them, I created several different casual looks, making them the new go-to tops in my wardrobe.

Today I thought I’d share six looks I came up. With a little more creativity I’m sure I could come up with even more!

Since jeans are such a big part of my lifestyle, I chose to wear Gap skinny jeans (similar) rolled up at the bottom with each outfit.

Here’s how I styled my tunic and jean foundation six different ways.

First, I wore it with Chelsea booties from Gap that I bought last year (similar) and my new tassel necklace with geode pendant from Kay and Star and my Australian hat from Montecristi Panama Hats of Napa Valley.

I would wear this on any fall day, with or without the hat. And when the temperature drops, I’ll add a camel coat or khaki trench.

lush-tunic-hat-necklace

Next, I added a ladylike touch to my tunic and denim foundation with a silk scarf I bought on Etsy years ago and black low-heeled pumps. I carried my Louis Vuitton Alma bag, a birthday gift from my husband way back in 2000. I only wore one piece of jewelry: a pearl bracelet I bought on a trip to Italy a few years back.

Lush-Tunic-with-scarf

For an edgier look, I wore a faux leather jacket with fringe on the sleeves and pair of suede, water-proof booties I bought in Seattle last month (to replace another pair). I carried my black Adora bag and skipped any statement margin jewelry.

Lush-Tunic-with-fringe-jacket

Have you noticed the sleeveless trench trend? I love it and was thrilled to find this reasonably priced raw edged trench while in Seattle. As a bonus, it has pockets. I love clothes with pockets!

I wore my Sam Edelman pumps from a couple of years ago – I call them my “Valentinos on a budget” – and carried my Louis Vuitton clutch.

Lush-tunic-with-trench-vest

For a sporty look, I wore a pair of faux leather slip-ons, carried my You Had Me At Merlot Adora bag  and wore a long jersey scarf, wrapped close around my neck. This look is one I would wear running errands or to meet a friend for coffee.

lush-tunic-sporty

For my last look, I chose soft neutrals and wore the off-white tunic with a taupe sweater vest from Stella Carakasi (from a a couple seasons ago). I carried a Kate Spade handbag (similar), Coastal Bracelet set from Tamera Beardsley and suede lace-up flats I bought in Las Vegas last month.

lush-tunic-sweater-vest

There you have it! One tunic, one pair of jeans and six looks.

Tunic-Jeans-Collage-text

How would you style this tunic?

A quick reminder that How I Wear My: Brooch is fast approaching! Visit the How I Wear My page for details. Jill of Everything Just So and I can’t wait to see how you wear your brooch. Send your photo and a description of your look to [email protected] to participate!

How I Wear My Badge

I’m linking up with #iwillwearwhatilike,  Visible Monday and Shoe and Tell today!

Make it a rich day!

1. November 22, 2015 / 8:23 am

I love these posts, many ways to wear the same thing, great job

November 22, 2015 / 8:29 am

Thank you, Linda! They are a workout to put together but worth it, I think!

2. November 22, 2015 / 9:06 am

I love your blog! What a great source of fashion tips and inspiration you have created. My problem is I feel compelled to buy EVERYTHING that looks good on me. As a result I can’t find what I am looking for because it’s all crammed into several huge closets. Chrissy rescued me on Friday by helping me eliminate a car full of things that do not bring me joy. You have the unique way of sharing your style and beauty without making the reader feel inadequate. Thanks! Keep it up. You are a needed voice.

November 23, 2015 / 7:37 am

Hi Chadda! So happy to hear from you.
      I know you love fashion…and can totally relate to having too many things.
      I appreciate what you said about not making the reader feel inadequate. I have never actually thought about that, surprisingly! I always want to be a happy, feel-good place to visit. There are enough things in the world to make us feel less-than…I certainly don’t want my blog to one of them!
      Many hugs to you…really, so wonderful to hear from you!
      xoxo, Adrienne

November 22, 2015 / 11:30 am

Very creative ways to style the same item of clothing. I especially love the outfits with the “third” piece on top – jacket, vest, etc. The tunic is a great buy and I love all the colors.

4. Angela
    November 22, 2015 / 11:32 am

Thanks for this. I just bought this top in jade & now I have more ways to wear it!

November 23, 2015 / 7:35 am

Great, Angela! Aren’t they terrific tops? I just love to wear them.

November 23, 2015 / 7:31 am

Thank you, Kathleen! I appreciate you stopping by!

5. November 22, 2015 / 3:19 pm

Gorgeous outfits, so creative in how you mixed these pieces, A. I love that term “Valentino on a budget.”! xo

-Patti

November 23, 2015 / 7:32 am

Thank you, Patti! I wish they still made the Valentinos on a budget – would love them in other colors. I can stomach paying $100 – $200 for a pair of shoes I will wear a lot but $1000? I can’t imagine! xo

6. Kim D. Smith
    November 22, 2015 / 4:52 pm

I love your blog & I am inspired from all your travel & fashion tips. I have a purchased a few items I have seen you spotlight in your blog. Loved all that I have purchased. How do I order the Adora bag? I cannot find a current link. Would love gift ideas for the holidays & beauty products you love. Happy holidays, Kim

November 23, 2015 / 7:30 am

Hi Kim,

You are so kind! Thank you for the comment. What color Adora are you interested in? Let me know and I can email you a link to their website. They currently have the black and blue available.
      Happy Holidays! Adrienne

7. Now you have me wanting boyfriend jeans. Great looks, Adrienne! Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2015 / 7:28 am

Hi Pam,

They are actually skinny jeans, rolled up at the bottom. I have some boyfriend jeans that I like but they are a little too snug on me at the moment 🙁
      Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
      xo, Adrienne

8. April Geer
    November 23, 2015 / 2:18 pm

Adrienne—You are just so dang cute!! Beautiful post!