Covered Perfectly Cascading Vest From Day to Night

Covered Perfectly Cascading Vest From Day to Night

Hello, friends!

It feels great to get back into the swing of things after a whirlwind couple of months. With my husband away fighting fires much of the summer, a high school reunion in Las Vegas, a birthday trip to Seattle and a recent 3-day conference in Sonoma, I have had little time to devote to blogging. Things are finally starting to settle down and I am looking forward to focusing on what I enjoy doing: writing about fashion, beauty, travel and living a rich life in Wine Country!

Last Saturday, opening day at the Christmas tree farm in Glen Ellen, my husband and out ventured out to pick out our holiday tree as we do every year. It was a warm and sunny day and the perfect opportunity to breathe in fresh pine-scented air and get some exercise.

moon-mountain-tree-farm

I wore my new Covered Perfectly Cascading Vest in black with a Long Sleeved Simple Comfort top in the new Wine color. The Cascading Vest is such a versatile wardrobe addition – great for creating more interest in an otherwise ordinary look. It’s also fantastic for elongating your silhouette and concealing some extra donut and French fry weight you may have put on while celebrating your birthday all month long 😉

Covered-Perfectly6

I wanted to add a little edge to my casual look and wore Gap Destructed Boyfriend jeans and my favorite new booties, Aquatalia Fallyn booties that I bought in Seattle.

Covered-Perfectly1

I topped my outfit off with a wool felt hat from Montecristi Panama Hat Company in Napa Valley, one of my favorite hats for fall.

Covered-Perfectly3

I kept my jewelry simple and wore a chunky silver ring with a leather and bead Buddha necklace I bought in Sonoma recently.

Covered-Perfectly4

Off to hunt down the ideal tree!

Covered-Perfectly5

It was not an easy decision but we finally found our tree. Time to pull the tag! We’ll come back the morning after Thanksgiving to cut the tree down and bring it home with us.

Covered-Perfectly7

Later that day, before heading out to dinner, I changed into an evening look with the Cascading Vest. This time I wore it more elegantly with a Simple Comfort top in black.

Cascading-Vest-Black5

I belted the vest with a leather wrap belt, giving me more of a defined waistline, and wore black Stella Carakasi ankle pants (similar).

Cascading-Vest-Black2

I do love a monochromatic look, especially when there are lots of different textures to work with.

Cascading-Vest-Black3

I wore Topshop lace up flats and carried my 14-year-old Louis Vuitton Alma bag.

Topshop-lace-flats

I love the way the Cascading Vest is a bit longer in back. Even with my tall stature, it gives me the coverage I want.

Cascading-Vest-Black1

The Cascading Vest is a versatile piece that can easily take you from day into night, is machine washable, made in USA, and priced right at just under $40. It’s ideal for travel too!

And the Simple Comfort tops are such great foundational wardrobe workhorse, I don’t know what I ever did without them!

covered-perfectly-cascading-vest-collage

As a subscriber to The Rich Life On a Budget, you can receive 20% off on any purchase, up to two (2) items. Just use discount code TRL20 at check out. Or better yet, take advantage of Covered Perfectly’s “Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Special” (a fantastic deal and a great reason to stock up for you or to give as holiday gifts!).

Make it a rich day!

*Don’t forget to register for the free Stella Carakasi style webcast happening tomorrow, November 12th.

***Disclosure: All Covered Perfectly items shown here were given to me. All opinions are, as always, my own.

1. November 11, 2015 / 12:37 pm

Super pretty, Adrienne! And I certainly don’t see any evidence of french fry weigh or anything else! 😉 Love the black! Isn’t it cool how it covers the rear even on us taller girls?

Hope you’re having a fun fall!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

November 11, 2015 / 12:52 pm

Hi Dawn Lucy,

Oh, it’s there alright!I lost my luggage on the way to Seattle which had my favorite jeans inside. I came home and reached for my other jeans and guess what? None of them fit me except the ripped up ones. Yikes! The extra weight is worth it though. The food in Seattle was fantastic!
      I love the way the vest drapes. And it’s so easy to care for…just wash on delicate and hang dry. Pauline’s tops are so great too. I really give my black Simple Comfort a workout and it stands up to the abuse!
      Thanks for stopping by today…we need to meet up one of these days!
      xo, Adrienne

November 11, 2015 / 2:57 pm

As always, you look great in both outfits. I love monochromatic this year so much, and of course, love all black – it’s just always “right”.

November 11, 2015 / 3:51 pm

I agree…there is something about all black that rarely if ever misses, in my opinion!

3. November 11, 2015 / 9:32 pm

You look so lovely in both outfits. How fun to choose your tree now, and then pick it up later! So glad you had a great time in Seattle – except for the loss of your luggage!

November 12, 2015 / 12:28 pm

We did have a great time in Seattle, despite losing my luggage – such a drag.
      I want to return to do a few things we didn’t get to. Such a great city!

4. November 12, 2015 / 1:33 am

You always make me want to rush back to California with your beautiful photos! You look great in the Covered Perfectly Cascading Vest. Thanks for sharing your great style!

November 12, 2015 / 12:27 pm

Susan, next time you come to California, I hope you’ll try to fit a little wine country into your itinerary! I would love to show you around.
      I love the way you styled your Cascading Vest – the scarf idea is brilliant!

5. November 12, 2015 / 8:18 am

Of course you look fabulous and I really adore the evening look. Aquatalia boots are the absolute best. I have two pairs I have worn to death and I think I need these!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Sandra Goroff

November 12, 2015 / 12:26 pm

Aren’t Aquatalia’s the best boots? I love La Canadienne boots too. Both waterproof, durable and stylish. Totally worth every penny (and they are A LOT of pennies!) xo

6. November 12, 2015 / 10:53 am

Kudos for showing the versatility of that vest my dear! I could hardly recognize it was the same piece … which is always the ultimate in styling for versatility!

Love the tree that you have picked out for Christmas! Miss you dear!

xoxo
    Tamera

November 12, 2015 / 12:25 pm

Miss you too, Tamera! We need to catch up soon.Thank you for stopping by.
      xoxo, A

7. November 12, 2015 / 11:42 am

Dumb looks, casual and informal one, and the other more elegant and sophisticated. I love your casual look, is perfect, and I love you more elegant look, all black, in which the belt helps to highlight your gorgeous figure. Two samples of the versatility of your style, always easy and always elegant.

• November 12, 2015 / 11:44 am

Sorry, there is a mistake in my translation. I did not mean “dumb”, I meant two.

November 12, 2015 / 12:24 pm

Quite alright! I knew what you meant. Thank you for the very kind words. I am surprised the vest is so versatile! A real bonus for my wardrobe.
        Thank you for stopping by!

8. November 15, 2015 / 3:21 pm

I love both outfits! You always look amazing in hats (in everything else too) and are my inspiration to wear them. I think you have inspired so many ladies to wear hats because I see them all over since you first started wearing them on your blog. I love how your blog has evolved and enjoy your travel posts. We have a trip planned for Seattle later this month and we are taking our dogs. It was so fun to see the pictures of your dogs on Instagram this weekend and made me even more glad we are taking ours. I am always more comfortable when they are with us. Have a great week! Peace! Cheryl

9. November 16, 2015 / 8:19 am

I love this post. Also love items that can be worn both day and nite – you look awesome in your evening outfit. Isn’t it amazing 13 years later and that bag is still on the top bag list – that has to make a blog post in it’s own right…

Looking forward to your next post!

Yvonne from www.funkyforty.com XX

10. November 16, 2015 / 8:47 am

That hat looks fabulous on you! Love the obi belt I have one just like it!!