How I Wear My: 2015 Favorites

As we near the end of 2015, Jill of Everything Just So and I are once again selecting our personal favorite How I Wear My looks of the year for a special edition “How I Wear My: 2015 Favorites”.

Jill and I picked our favorite looks from each month. We agreed that we would not choose each other or ourselves, we would only pick participants from our own HIWM blog posts, and we would not share our selections with each other beforehand.

It is not an easy task to choose our favorites, that is for sure! There were so many gorgeous outfits to pick from this year.

Here are my personal HIWM favorites from 2015:

JANUARY

How I Wear My: Winter White

Tamera of Tamera Beardsley wears head-to-toe winter white (literally!) in this romantic and feminine look. I love all the different shades of winter white here and lots of textures, too. The gorgeous crown that Tamera made herself is such a unique and glamorous touch to this magical look.

tamera-winter-white

FEBRUARY

How I Wear My: Long Necklace

Nora of Jacket Society showed us a chic look that works for the office, out with friends or on a dinner date. Her layered long beaded necklaces tie this outfit together so well. I love the color combination Nora chose.

how-i-wear-my-long-necklace-6

MARCH

How I Wear My: Booties

If I didn’t already know Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo as a fellow style blogger, I would think that she was a New York City designer/artist/philanthropist/socialite photographed in her ritzy Manhattan apartment for a glossy magazine like Vanity Fair.  The color combination, the hair, the great necklace, the setting and the dog – all of it, is so fabulous!

suzanne_carillo_bronze_shooties

APRIL

How I Wear My: Layers

The ability to stylishly layer clothing is a skill many of us struggle with, myself included. Cynthia of My Rose Colored Shades has this special talent and she proved it with this look. Not only are her clothes layered in a stylish and flattering way but her necklaces are too.

layerednecklaces

MAY

How I Wear My: White Jeans

I’m a sucker for a good monochromatic look and when it’s done in white, I think it deserves a round of applause! I adore this white jean outfit from Trina of Tea Time With Trina. I know Trina is from Utah, but this look just scream California chic to me!

trina-whitejeans4

JUNE

How I Wear My: Spring Jacket

Denim jackets have been in my wardrobe for decades. They are just the thing to reach for when you need a light jacket. Linda of A Labour of Life wears hers with a maxi dress and sneakers. Then adds a touch of glam with a statement necklace for a dressed-up casual look!

046

JULY

How I Wear My: Clutch

Malia of Style by Malia is dazzling with her fun Kate Spade clutch. I love the tulle skirt and the touches of gold. This is a great cocktail party look for summer!

HIWM 2

AUGUST

How I Wear My: Straw Hat

One thing I love about putting together the How I Wear My series each month is being pleasantly surprised by the submissions. While most of us expect to see large and wide face-shading hats when we think of straw hats, Judith of Style Crone showed us a different version.

straw-hat-judith

SEPTEMBER

How I Wear My: Tassel

Glenda of So What To Twenty shows us how to stay cool and stylish in September’s heat with a gauzy shoulder-baring blouse. The tassels on the cinched bucket bag are just darling! And those shoes are stunning.

tassel-glenda

OCTOBER

How I Wear My: Poncho or Wrap

Annette from Lady of Style brings a sophisticated and edgy vibe to the poncho in her head-turning look from October. I love the crisp white button-down shirt underneath the poncho, illuminating Annette’s beautiful face.

BlackPoncho-Leather-24

NOVEMBER

How I Wear My: Gray

Ana of Mrs. American Made made gray look downright cheerful with her gray and yellow embroidered dress. I never thought of wearing gray with yellow until I saw how gorgeous this dress is – and how lovely Ana looks in it!

tumblr_mtejlj09Wz1rehq15o2_1280

DECEMBER

How I Wear My: Brooch

Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun showed us how brooches can be edgy in her look from earlier this month. I love her military-style coat and the way her ornate brooch accentuates the pewter buttons.

How I Wear My Brooch

Please join us as we kick off 2016 with How I Wear My: Gloves! Send a photo of your outfit featuring gloves to howiwearmy@yahoo.com by January 5th. The post will go live on January 7th. For more information visit the How I Wear My page.

How I Wear My Badge

A big thank you to all who participated in How I Wear My in 2015! Jill and I look forward to another year of showcasing your fabulous style.

Be sure to visit Everything Just So to see the looks Jill picked as her personal favorites.

Make it a rich day!

1. December 23, 2015 / 6:00 am

Thanks for hosting your monthly parties. They are always full of great ideas and often introduce me to new bloggers.

I love your favourites for the year. Thanks for including me and my office in this fine group. I had so much fun decorating my office with estate sale finds. The pug steals the show every time she is in a photo, as do your fur babies!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and the very best in 2016!

bisous
    Suzanne

2. Jill
    December 23, 2015 / 6:25 am

Love these selections. I had forgotten about Malia’s great clutch that says “Be Dazzling.” I love it! I think it’s funny we both picked Nora for Long Necklace. Was she hitting it out of the park that month or what?!? (Of course, she always does.) I hope you and Bill and the pooches and the kids all have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for another fabulous year of “How I Wear My!” You are the best. xx

3. December 23, 2015 / 6:28 am

Awww …. thanks so much for picking my brooch look! What a great group of ladies and outfits! OMG, Trina in all white … goddess! And I love Suzanne’s cool rust leather jumper too! I’ll be hosting my Fun Fashion Friday link up starting Xmas Eve at 3 and then just keeping it open for a week so stop by when you can. I’d love for you and Jill to link up these favorite lists!

Wishing you and yours the very best Christmas. Give those little furry love bugs a kiss from me!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

4. December 23, 2015 / 8:21 am

2015 was a great year for style, thank you and Jill for doing this inspirational series. I look forward to it every month. Happy 2016 to you and yours!

5. December 23, 2015 / 8:51 am

12 amazing looks and thank you for featuring me, so very honoured. Wishing you and your family an awesome Christmas and hope you get to relax and enjoy each others company.

6. December 23, 2015 / 8:53 am

Thank you so much for picking my “long necklace” look as one of your favs Adrienne! All your pics are fabulous looks, thanks for putting it all together every month. I look forward to next year’s HIWM.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Nora

7. December 23, 2015 / 9:48 am

Thank you so much for featuring The Style Crone amidst these stunning and powerful women. I’m honored and thrilled.

Now off to choose the gloves for your January post. Thank you for hosting this wonderful gathering!

8. December 23, 2015 / 9:57 am

A very stylish group of ladies!! Always appreciate you and Jill for putting this series together. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Alice

9. December 23, 2015 / 10:45 pm

Thank you for selecting my look for the tassels. It’s always great fun to participate. Thank you for providing an opportunity for us to showcase our looks.
    Happy Holidays!

10. December 24, 2015 / 7:15 am

Wow!! What a stellar roundup my dear! I am truly honored to be in your fabulous top 12 of 2015!

Sending you and yours much Christmas love!

xoxo
    Tamera

11. December 24, 2015 / 10:02 am

Wonderful selection, with beautiful women, they are very elegant and stylish. Only need a picture … yours! Merry Christmas, Adrienne!

12. December 25, 2015 / 3:00 pm

🙂 I bet it was hard to make this selection – excellent choice!
    Looking forward to the next HIWM 🙂
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, dear Adrienne!
    Best wishes from the other side of the world 🙂

13. December 27, 2015 / 10:58 am

Adrienne this is such a great series; I always love to see the latest fashions and what everyone is wearing!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    India Hicks Sale!!

14. December 27, 2015 / 11:15 am

I am new to your blog. I found you on over50feeling40. I enjoy this blog post. I now have some new blogs to follow and I love a few of the looks featured here.

15. December 28, 2015 / 1:28 am

Such an honour to be included in your favourites with these amazing ladies!
    Not only I love your blog but also enjoy your beautiful Instagram photos every day.
    Thank you so much for all your great work and posts, dear Adrienne and already now I wish you and your family all the very best for 2016!

xx
    Annette | Lady of Style

16. December 28, 2015 / 11:09 am

What a fun post! Thanks for the recap!

17. January 3, 2016 / 8:55 am

What a lovely round up of the year. I’m so glad I’ve discovered this series as it’s introduced me to some new bloggers and increased my admiration of the ones I already follow. Looking forward to the 2016 series.