How I Wear My: Rose Quartz or Serenity

Rose-quartz-guy-de-jean

Happy February!

Welcome to the 55th post in the How I Wear My series.

Now that 2016 is really underway, Jill of Everything Just So and I thought February would be a great time to feature Pantone’s colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity!

Rose Quartz, a warm pink tone, and Serenity, a cool tranquil blue color can easily be worn together or on their own with other colors.  They are shades that are sure to make a modern statement in 2016 as you will see in this month’s How I Wear My.

As always, Jill of Everything Just So gets us started. Jill is looking all kinds of fierce in her Rose Quartz J. Crew Jackie cardigan and tweed Tahari pencil skirt that featured panels of leopard and lace. Jill tells us that her “favorite way to wear Rose Quartz and Serenity is through nail polish. This is ‘Ballet Slippers’ by Essie and ‘Infatuated’ by Formula X for Sephora, two great colors!”

Pantone Rose Quartz

Debbie of Fashion Fairy Dust looks stunning in Serenity and says of her look, “The name ‘Serenity’ really is fitting for this shade of blue. And what better piece of clothing for an airy light blue shade than a tulle skirt? I paired it with a simple heather gray men’s v-neck sweater and grounded it with black ankle boots and tights. The plaid blanket scarf echoed the same light blue shade and added an additional layer of warmth.”

These shades of blue go so wonderfully with Debbie’s beautiful hair!

Pantone Serenity

Nora of Jacket Society wears a Rose Quartz blouse and necklace and says, “I chose the color Rose Quartz because of one of the necklaces I currently have on my Jacket Society jewelry line that is the same color and I absolutely love this necklace. I decided to pair it with gray as I have always loved pink and gray together. I am wearing one of our brand new Charcoal and black houndstooth wraps, with gray pants, Rose quartz blouse from Zara, Jacket Society necklace, Calvin Klein silver sandals and clutch.”

Nora proves that charcoal and Rose Quartz make a gorgeous combination!

Pantone Rose Quartz

Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo brings style to winter in this Serenity look saying, “Normally I’m not a fan of pastel colours but my mind changed when I put on this coat. The fact that I found the boots while thrifting only a couple of weeks before was a happy coincidence. I wore this out for New Year’s Eve to a 1940’s themed murder mystery with an authentic vintage dress, hat and gloves from the 1940’s.”

Fantastic vintage look!

Pantone Serenity

April of Ms. B in the Bay Area wears a cowl neck Rose Quartz sweater from Banana Republic and says, “I decided to pair the soft feminine color with a slightly edgy leather jacket by Michael Kors. I’m also wearing a pair of my favorite skinny jeans from Nordstrom along with my favorite Sam Edelman booties in putty.”

A fantastic casual and edgy look featuring the soft blush Rose Quartz. It looks like the California sky is also getting in on the Rose Quartz and Serenity trend!

Pantone Rose Quartz

Jacqueline of Petite Silver Vixen wears a beautiful plaid wrap with several pastel shades, including Serenity and Rose Quartz. She tells us, “I bought my plaid cape way back in October of last year, before Pantone announced this year’s colours. I’d been looking for one that fitted my petite frame without swamping me and although I was thinking I’d choose a dark coloured cape, I fell in love with this pastel coloured one as soon as it was around my shoulders. By lucky chance, both Rose Quartz and Serenity are two of the colours in the cape! For this outfit I paired it with a camel Rollneck Jumper and Riding style boots which ties in with the beige colours in the wrap. Although the cape is pastel coloured, my merlot colour of my jeans and bowling bag ground the outfit, showing that dark colours can work with these lighter ones.”

Jacqueline shows us that deep rich colors work well with pastels too. They are more versatile than many of us thought!

Pantone Rose Quartz Serenity

Malia of Style by Malia tells us, “Since I have been in love with the warm blush that was everywhere this fall, adding Rose Quartz was exciting. I’m wearing a collarless blazer from Torrid, a top with a makeup print and jeans. It’s the perfect Monday-in-the-office look.”

Pretty in pink! And I love the fun makeup-print on the blouse.

Pantone Rose Quartz

Jodie of Jodie’s Touch of Style sent in a photo of her step-mom, Nancy – the 60’s model of her blog.
She tells us, “Nancy’s bow tie blouse is the perfect combination of Pantone’s colors for the year—I loved the print so much, I had to restrain myself from buying one for me! The funny thing is that Target calls the color Calm Grey—hmmmm! I had Nancy pair this with her raspberry skirt & pink cardigan for a dressy look. It could also be very office appropriate!”

I adore those little drop earrings in the Rose Quartz shade. They look so lovely with Nancy’s hair.

Pantone Rose Quartz Serenity

Trina of Tea Time With Trina wears a ladylike flare dress in Serenity which she calls her LSD (little Serenity dress).

She says it’s “so easy to pair it with a Rose Quartz handbag and some cream and pink pearls and your all set to sport these two Pantone colors.”

Trina’s look could be an ad for the Pantone Colors of the Year, don’t you think? Even the chair and the opalescence of her shoes are Rose Quartz and/or Serenity.

Pantone Serenity and Rose Quartz

Cherie of Style Nudge wears a vintage coat in Rose Quartz and layered a fur-collared sweater underneath (brilliant idea!). Cherie wears neutral socks with her stacked brown heels and adds a leopard crossbody bag for a modern and European-chic look.

Pantone Rose Quartz

Linda of A Labour of Life tells us, “My skirt is showing just a touch of serenity and quartz together in a lovely floral. The skirt was a steal of a deal from Shein, I paired it with a cashmere J. Crew Cardigan, dark tights and wedges. I have winterized a traditional floral skirt!”

Darling skirt featuring the polka dot trend, too. A colorful and happy winter look on Linda!

Pantone Rose Quartz

Alice of Happiness at Mid-Life wears both Rose Quartz and Serenity for this feminine look that would work for both the office and out on a date night. Love all the different patterns, colors and textures here!

Pantone Rose Quartz

Ana of Mrs. American Made wears a darling Rose Quartz peplum lace top by Michael Stars, made in the USA.

Ana tells us, “while I love this piece I guess I find it a bit too ‘sweet’ for me so I always end up throwing a black jacket over it to make it more serious – maybe it’s the combination of the lace plus the ultra-feminine color. And I do love a girly look, but I also need for it to be casual so I added the worn in comfy jeans here, too.”

An easy way to edge up Rose Quartz and soften black is to pair them together, as Ana has expertly shown us here.

Pantone Rose Quartz

Rena of it’s all FINE. WHATEVER tickles the fancy tells us, “For me, denim is the ultimate Serenity invoking fabric, which of course means that denim on denim must be a close to a state of true bliss as a person can get. The lighter shade of denim in the jacket, the mix of pink and blue shades in the scarf, and the rosy suede purse are my nod to Rose Quartz and Serenity.”

Well done, Rena! A great example of how to wear the Pantone 2016 duo for a casual denim-on-denim look.

Pantone Rose Quartz Serenity

Hang from Poum! La Mode styles her Rose Quartz with juicy shades of orange and coral for an elegant and head-turning look. She tells us, “I am happy the theme for HIWM is Rose Quartz and Serenity. My favorite color combo! I especially like Rose Quartz! It looks good on my skin tone and sweet at the same time.”

Pantone Rose Quartz

Jordan from Kay and Star wears several gorgeous Rose Quartz creations – all new additions – from their beautiful collection of beautiful, stylish and affordable line. Jordan styled her many Rose Quartz pieces with an ivory blouse. pale pink vest and distressed denim jeans. She is glowing in Rose Quartz!

rose quartz kay and star

I am wearing new pieces from the Early Spring 2016 Collection at Stella Carakasi, out this Friday*, February 5th. This is the Attitude Is Everything Tunic, a sheer high-low top with a beautiful watercolor print featuring several pastel shades, including Rose Quartz and Serenity, on a gray background.

With my tunic, I’m wearing a Kay and Star beaded geode necklace with a silky tassel in Serenity.

serenity-kay-and-star

I also wore my top with a Rose Quartz necklace by Kay and Star. Does it look familiar? Jordan is wearing the same necklace in her HIWM photo!

rose-quartz-kayandstar

Underneath the tunic, I wore a long tank top (online this Friday) and Defining Moment Ankle pants both in Moonstone. With the Rose Quartz look, I wore my Valentinos-on-a-Budget in a blush shade. And for my Serenity look, I wore gray suede Chelsea booties from Gap (similar).

Rosequartz-Serenity-collage

While taking photos, it started to rain. Can you see the wet asphalt in the photos above? We have such unpredictable weather around here lately with El Nino upon us. I reached for an umbrella and remembered I had this pastel pink Guy de Jean umbrella from Paris (previously featured here).

Rose-quartz-guy-de-jean

Thank you to all the lovely participants this month. You continue to wow us with your stylish HIWM looks!

Thank you also to my HIWM partner, Jill. Be sure to visit her blog to see 15 more stunning Rose Quartz and Serenity looks!

We hope you will join us in March for “How I Wear My: Tote.” A tote is not only an essential daily bag for so many women (and men!), it is an incredibly easy way to add personality and color to an outfit. So break out your favorite totes and join us! Photos are due February 29, 2016. Send them to us at howiwearmy@yahoo.com and be sure to tell us a little about your tote.

How I Wear My Badge

Make it a rich day!

*Be sure to use my discount code, RICHLIFE15, and take 15% off all orders at Stella Carakasi.

Disclosure: All Stella Carakasi pieces featured here, as well as, the Kay and Star necklaces were given to me. All opinions expressed in this post are my own, as always.

1. February 3, 2016 / 6:43 am

I adore all the ways everyone styled the colors of the year! Thank you always for putting this together!

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

February 3, 2016 / 12:57 pm

It was great turnout this month! I love the way you used different colors, textures and patterns in your outfit. That takes talent to pull off and you succeeded! See you Thursday for the link up!

2. Jill
    February 3, 2016 / 6:43 am

Wow, there are a lot of glamorous looks here! I especially love Suzanne’s blue coat and Ana’s lace top. Cheers to another great post my dear! xx

February 3, 2016 / 12:58 pm

Awesome HIWM this month, don’t you think Jill? Love to see all different looks with Rose Quartz and/or Serenity. So fun! Looking forward to Totes! xo, A

3. February 3, 2016 / 7:00 am

Some great Pantone looks. I think my favorite is Jordan with all of her rose quarts pieces. Love how your flowy, floral top mimics your floral umbrella – very pretty. Thank you for hosting!

Cherie

February 3, 2016 / 12:56 pm

I love Jordan’s submission too. All those necklaces and bracelets are so pretty!
      Thank you for your fantastic photo – love those cute doggies! xo

4. February 3, 2016 / 7:16 am

That umbrella of yours is spectacular!

Your looks is so soft and feminine Adrienne. Very pretty.

Thanks for all the inspiration and hosting again.

I loved the photo of Cherie with her dogs going at it in the corner! Ha!

bisous
    Suzanne

February 3, 2016 / 12:51 pm

Thank you, Suzanne. And thank you for showing us that gorgeous coat of yours. So awesome!
      That photo of Cherie with her dogs cracks me up too 🙂
      Thank you again. See you next month for Tote bag?
      xo, A

5. February 3, 2016 / 7:21 am

Adrienne…your shirt is so dreamy!!! I can’t decide if I like it better with the blue necklace or pink one—did you try it with both together? jodie

Thanks for hosting this—I so love to see everyone’s looks and interpretations of your theme!!

February 3, 2016 / 12:53 pm

I can’t either, Jodie. I love them both. I will have try with the Rose Quartz and the Serenity necklaces and see how that looks. Thank you for submitting the photo of Nancy. She looks fantastic – love Rose Quartz on her. Hope to see you next month for Tote bag! A

February 3, 2016 / 7:53 am

Neither are colors I wear (as Adrienne knows) but everyone looks great here. I love Jacqueline’s plaid wrap, that I’d like to steal. The necklaces by Kay and Starr are great too.

February 3, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Jill and I found out through this post that lots of people feel the same way about wearing pastels. We had several consistent participants skip this month for that reason.
      Isn’t Jacqueline’s wrap gorgeous? And I love the way she chose to wear it with rich, deep colors.

• February 7, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Thank you Kathy and Adrienne for the shout out for my wrap! I can’t quite believe how lucky I am that it ties in with this year’s colours!

February 3, 2016 / 12:14 pm

Thank you for joining us, Nora. As always, you look stunning!

7. February 3, 2016 / 8:59 am

Oh dear what a splendid bunch together. You look all so gooooddd.. And I hesitate to single out Hang, but she took my breath away. Gosh I would love to copy that …. if I had her figure and complexion…. You see, these colours are no good for me. Not at all. But I might buy some trousers or a bag in pink or blue. As long as it is not near my face.
    Greetje

February 3, 2016 / 12:13 pm

I thought the same thing about Hang. Such a sophisticated and elegant look. Hope you’ll join us again for HIWM, Greetje! Thank you for stopping by!

8. February 3, 2016 / 9:53 am

What a romantic look Adrienne! These two tints really do soften and romanticize clothing. 🙂

It appears the link to Poum isn’t working? Or is it me?

February 3, 2016 / 12:12 pm

So lovely to hear from you Sue!
      It looks like something is terribly wrong with Hang’s blog! I will email her right now to let her know. Thank you for the heads up! Hope to see you again for HIWM. Jill and I miss you!
      A

• February 3, 2016 / 12:53 pm

Thanks for looking into it. I’m looking forward to checking out her blog!

I’ve been doing more blog reading than posting recently. HIWM will be a good motivator to get back in the groove…Thank YOU!

9. February 3, 2016 / 5:26 pm

What a great collection of different visions for Rose Quartz and Serenity. I think my favorites are your umbrella and the pink and orange combo in Poum La Mode. My weekly Powers the Flower post will publish tomorrow morning and I include a mention of HIWM as well as links to yours and Jill’s posts. Thank you for including me in this month’s HIWM feature.

10. Jean M
    February 3, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Fun idea and great colors for winter and spring! Btw, love the dogs in photo of Style Nudge – hilarious…

11. February 3, 2016 / 8:09 pm

Another beautiful round up. I’m actually surprised at how many participated due to these two colors, but I love every one! I would put that gorgeous umbrella to some good use, maybe not in a rain storm (it’s too pretty for that), but possibly a decorating accent piece in a room. I really think I need (ok, want) your tasseled pink necklace, it’s a statement piece that could be worn over and over again.
    It’s way too difficult to choose a favorite here, although Suzanne already knows I would gladly take her fantastic coat any day, isn’t it perfect? And her boots!!!
    Thanks again for hosting this fun get together.

12. February 4, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Hey Adrienne, Thank you so much for including me! What a fun post and I love your tassel necklaces and the Kay and Stars creations….beautiful! I’m cracking up over those dogs. I guess she is used to her dogs rough housing around while keeping a serious face and looking lovely in that adorable pink coat. Too cute! Great looks and lots of inspiration!

13. February 5, 2016 / 8:17 pm

A great bunch of looks this month, Adrienne. I don’t own anything in those shades, so sat this one out. But I’ll be sure to join in next month. HIWM is such a great idea:)

14. February 6, 2016 / 9:52 am

Thanks to you two for another wonderful and challenging wardrobe post! Interesting to see how many people are not really into these colors. I wonder how we will all feel in several months – it would be interesting to do a poll later, after we start to see Serenity and Rose Quartz incorporated into Spring and Summer lines everywhere and in home goods, etc, right? Everyone did a great job here, though, and your necklace is absolutely gorgeous! : ) Ana

15. February 7, 2016 / 12:44 pm

That umbrella is stunning, Adrienne. So unusual.
    I know many people find pastels hard to wear but what a great turnout this month and lots of ideas as to how to wear these two colours over the next year.
    Looking forward to ‘Tote’ month next month!

16. February 8, 2016 / 11:20 am

Love these colors, and all these looks on real women! And your umbrella – so cute! xox

-Patti

17. February 8, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Such a pretty round up! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and I’ll be back next month for HIWM tote!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

18. February 8, 2016 / 7:08 pm

I loved seeing how everyone wears the colors of the year! Such wonderful, creative, and very different looks!

I love both your outfits and have decided I “need” your umbrella! It’s stunning!