The Rich Life in Wine Country!

The Rich Life in Wine Country!

It is time for a change! Time to switch things up and try something new.

For the last several months, I’ve felt like I needed a change here on The Rich Life. I compare it to looking in the mirror one day and deciding that the shade of lipstick you’ve been wearing for the last six years just doesn’t work for you any longer. Or noticed that the jeans you loved so much you wore them almost daily for the last several years really don’t suit your personal style like they once did.  You feel the need for something new; something that fits the person you are today and expresses who she is. That’s where I have been. A blog identity crisis, perhaps?

Instead of fighting it and waiting for these unsettled feelings to pass, I decided to make a big change. The Rich Life on a Budget was a wonderful six-year adventure initially full of lettuce washing tips, DIY bath salts, casserole recipes and dog birthday parties. Then evolving through the years to where it is now: Wine Country lifestyle, fashion over 40, food, wine, travel, beauty and living a rich life, which is always the crux of this blog.

I am excited to introduce you to The Rich Life in Wine Country!

I chose this name as a way to more closely connect to what I am passionate about and what fits what I’ve been presenting to you these last few years.

Technical problems and limitations, along with a desire to have a more modern and easily navigable site, precipitated this change. But more importantly, I want my blog’s name to better articulate what it is truly about.

There are loads of talented people out there who excel at writing about budgets, finance and money-saving ideas. I am not one of them. I had a handful of helpful tips years ago, then sort of ran out of them a long time ago. It’s simply not my forte.

Living here in Sonoma Valley since 1999 has been an incredible gift that I treasure daily. How blessed am I to have met the man of dreams who just happened to be settled in the place of my dreams. I don’t take any of that for granted.

I adore and I celebrate all the wonderful things about Wine Country: its beauty, world class food and wine, fabulous climate, its many talented, dynamic and kind people who live and work here, and the fantastic style! I look forward to featuring posts about what to wear, where to stay, eat, taste wine, shop, be entertained, relax and just have fun in California’s Wine Country.

One of the top inquiries I get both from readers’ emails and traffic from search engines is what do I wear in Wine Country? I can and love to answer those questions. It’s what I enjoy blogging about! I even created a new and separate Instagram account called Wine Country Wardrobe, dedicated to Wine Country style. All fashions featured are from my wardrobe.

Aside from fashion, food, wine, travel, and Wine Country, I will continue to share lifestyle tips and ways to live your richest life. Living a rich life is an ongoing endeavor for me and the crux of this blog. The new format won’t be all Wine Country, all the time. I promise!

The new site will take some polishing up. If there are any improvements or changes you would like to see, please let me know either in the comments or by email at adrienne@therichlifeinwinecountry.com (which will soon be changing to adrienne@therichlifeinwinecountry.com as will my URL).

I want to thank Susan from Une Femme for directing me to Pipdig, where I found the new format I was looking for. And to my web consultant, Michael Catanzaro of Cantanzaro Creations, for helping me with the heavy lifting and being so very patient with me. I also want to say thank you to my husband and a dear friend who allowed me to pester them for their opinions. I will try not to begin sentences with “So what do you think of this one?” for a long time!

My social media accounts will remain in the same place but with the new name. Same goes for your email subscription – no need to re-subscribe.

Thank you for your readership these last nearly six years. I am excited about this new phase of my blogging career/hobby and hope you’ll stick around with me!

signature

1. liz kroin
    May 26, 2016 / 9:14 am

Is it drop the budget/add wine or add wine/drop the budget? Either way I’m in. I forgot you were on a budget the same time you did.

May 26, 2016 / 10:19 am

Hi Liz – Yeah, I forgot too!;) There was only so much I could come up with as far as budgets go. It’s not really my strong point anyway but I do what I can here and there. “Budget” is such a relative term too – everyone’s set point is different. And even that changes from year to year, month to month.
      I write so much about living here in Wine Country, it made more sense to drop the budget and add the wine! Thank you for your readership. I am hoping this new format will be easier to navigate and comment on. The last one was really a brat!

2. May 26, 2016 / 9:47 am

Brava! I love your updated look. It was the wine country angle that initially drew me and I love seeing that honored in your new blog title!

May 26, 2016 / 10:25 am

Hi Sue! So lovely to hear from you. Yes, the former blog name was not sitting well with me. Like I was attracting readers who would be disappointed that I wasn’t offering budget tips. I hate to disappoint anyone and certainly don’t want to be misleading. Wine Country is a much, much better fit and feels so right! Thank you for stopping by! Hope all is well. xo, A

3. May 26, 2016 / 10:18 am

Adrienne, I LOVE the new look and am so glad it worked out for you! I think you are going to love the ease and flexibility of the pipdig theme.

I’m so excited to see what you have planned for the future!

May 26, 2016 / 10:23 am

Susan, Thank you for being transparent with your fellow bloggers and readers about your recent site changes and what you chose. I greatly appreciate that! As I am sure you know, when you go down the rabbit hole of themes it can be quite overwhelming and bewildering. I trust your judgment so much that when I saw you switched to something and liked it, I knew my research was done. So far, so good! xo, A

4. May 26, 2016 / 10:32 am

Exciting and fabulous at the same time…you have been moving in this direction for awhile and you are launching a beautiful and fresh new site! Congratulations!
    Dare I say Cheers?

May 26, 2016 / 10:41 am

Leslie! Cheers seems quite appropriate right now! Thank you so much. It feels very right in my gut – so I know I made the best decision. It feels wonderful to have the technical and design portion behind me now – and can move on to the fun part. Blogging! Thank you so much for the kind words and for stopping by. xo, A

5. May 26, 2016 / 10:53 am

I love the new look and name! It is very fitting and representative of your content! I always love to visit your blog and follow you on all your social media. Cheers to another six years and many more! Peace! Cheryl

May 26, 2016 / 11:42 am

Thank you, Cheryl! I guess we both have regional names for our blogs now 😉
      Hope all is well with you and you’re having a lovely (almost) summer! xo

May 26, 2016 / 10:56 am

Wow – it looks fabulous, so inviting and easy to navigate. And of course, it’s where your blog has evolved to in subject. It’s always hard to make a change, but so glad you took a leap and did it. Congratulations, very well done! xo

May 26, 2016 / 11:44 am

Hi Kathy,
      My old blog was such a pain. I really could not stand it much longer. It was unreliable, hard to navigate and very fussy. It started off okay, then as I added more and more content, it just couldn’t keep up, I guess. I am so happy to be moving on with a more accurate name.
      Thank you for the support! xoxo, A

7. May 26, 2016 / 6:07 pm

love this new look and new concept. Look forward to more awesomeness from you

8. Debbie Cooper
    May 26, 2016 / 7:21 pm

“A” it is amazing so happy for you and glad you received
    support from the most important people in your life to make
    the change. This blog is so you right now and I
    couldn’t be more proud and happy for you.

Debbie

9. Jill
    May 27, 2016 / 6:21 am

I love the name change and the new look. I also love your beautifully written post. Cheers to you my dear. You are always an inspiration! xx

May 28, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Thank you, Jill! I look forward to getting to know this new theme/layout and playing around with all the features.
      See you soon for HIWM: Vacation or Resort Look! I need to get my photos done this weekend…it’s coming up fast!

10. May 27, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I love your new look and the name is fabulous! It makes perfect sense. Congratulations!! I’ll be reading no matter what you call your blog. xo

May 28, 2016 / 12:23 pm

Thank you, Jen! So sweet of you 🙂

11. May 28, 2016 / 8:09 am

Congrats Adrienne!!
    It is such hard work to make changes (although in theory it seems so easy)!!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

May 28, 2016 / 12:20 pm

Thank you, Jodie! I am very excited to have this new name and look. The technical glitches were not fun but I think most of that is behind me (knock on wood!)

12. May 28, 2016 / 12:32 pm

Congrats on the name change and re-launch Adrienne! Everything looks fantastic and your reasoning behind the change definitely makes sense. I can totally relate to the re-branding dilemma. I’ve been blogging for 6 years and finally changed my name/platform around the 5 year mark last year. My former blog name grated on me for awhile before I finally took the plunge to change, but I’m SO happy with my re-brand. Can’t wait to see more from The Rich Life in Wine Country…

xo – Beth – Tall Fashion Adventures

May 29, 2016 / 11:50 am

You’ve been blogging for 6 years too? So you can relate to the strong desire to rebrand and change things up. It looks like your rebrand was the right move for you! Thank you for stopping by, Beth! xo

13. Linda Salazar
    May 28, 2016 / 1:37 pm

Hi Adrienne,

I think the name change is a great idea…it fits your lifestyle perfectly!

Love the new look and format!

May 29, 2016 / 11:46 am

Thank you, Linda! It was a challenge – still is – getting everything switched over but so worth it. I was very much ready for a change! Hope you are well! xo

14. May 28, 2016 / 8:06 pm

Congratulations Adrienne, your new blog is beautiful and I love the name – it’s perfectly you.

May 29, 2016 / 11:46 am

Thank you, Fiona! This new blog home fefinitely feels right.

15. Michelle Lacy
    May 28, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Love! Love! Love! This is so much more a true reflection of YOU – and really what we all want…a smart, savvy friend who has the inside scoop to the rich life in Wine Country. I can’t wait to see the evolution!

May 29, 2016 / 11:48 am

Thank you! I agree – a truer reflection of what I write about. Thank you for your support and friendship! xo

16. Catherine McKEnzie
    May 29, 2016 / 3:46 pm

Congrats A on the change! I love how you are able to make the right changes for you. Always inspiring.

May 30, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Hi Cathy!! So great to hear from you! We need to catch up. It’s been too long! A

17. Mary Alice
    May 29, 2016 / 6:05 pm

Love the new identity! Just an FYI…Instagram can’t seem to find your new name. I would love to follow you there!

May 30, 2016 / 7:57 pm

Thank you, Mary Alice! My new IG handles are: @therichlifeinwinecountry and @winecountrystyle
      Hope you can find me okay! A

May 30, 2016 / 7:57 pm