Red Ruffled Dress, Blogger Brunch and a How I Wear My Reminder

Red Ruffled Dress, Blogger Brunch and a How I Wear My Reminder

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I mentioned in my last post that I was attending a Wine Country influencers and bloggers brunch in Napa Valley on Sunday. It was such a blast! I got to see a couple of my longtime friends like Malia of Style by Malia and met several women I am happy to call new friends.

It was another hot, hot day here so I wore my new red ruffled dress to the brunch and wine tasting. It’s midi length with a big ruffle around the bottom and smaller ruffles at the neck, bodice and sleeves.

I feel so feminine in this dress! It has a fitted elastic waist with a tie belt, a wide ruffle around the bottom and ruffle detail around the neck and shoulders. It also has a lining – just to the knees so it’s not too constricting or heavy – and two side pockets! I love it so much, I bought it in black too. At just under $70, I felt okay about adding another.

I wore it with a red leather choker and cognac sandals.

Our Wine Country Bloggers Who Brunch group met at Lucy Restaurant and Bar at Bardessono Hotel in Yountville.

We mingled, took photos of everything – as bloggers are known to do – then checked out our darling goodie bags. The bags were filled with fantastic gifts which I will post a photo of on Instagram soon.

After we ordered our brunch entrees, we were taken on a guided tour of the property at Bardessono. By the time we came back, our entrees were ready to be served. I had the shrimp with cheese grits. It was outstanding! The shrimp was cooked to perfection and the grits were creamy and with just the right texture.

After brunch, we went the short distance to Silver Trident Winery, which I wrote about last week. We had a seated tasting in the gorgeous Loft upstairs.

silver trident winery

silver trident winery tasting experience

What a fun Sunday! I love connecting with fellow bloggers. We are looking forward to getting the group together again for future events around Wine Country.

A big thank you to Mallory at Vine Living and Katie Crenshaw for putting this all together and to our sponsors which include Lucy Restaurant at Bardessono, Silver Trident Winery, JCB Collection, Olive and Poppy, Bouchon Bakery, Boho Lifestyle, Hoopes Vineyard and Sisters Napa Valley.

How I Wear My reminder!

The clock is ticking on the How I Wear My deadline. If you want to participate this month, please submit your outfit photo and description before the end of the day today, July 10th, to [email protected].

The theme this month is Embellishment. Think clothing and accessories adorned with pom-poms, tassels, patches, embroidered, bows, sequins, beads, etc.

Jill and I are looking forward to seeing how you style this popular trend! Visit the How I Wear My page for more information.

I’m linking up with Shoe and Tell, #iwillwearwhatilike and Visible Monday today.

1. jodie filogomo
    July 10, 2017 / 10:43 am

Adrienne!! It’s so refreshing to hear what a great experience you had with the younger bloggers!!
    I just went to a boutique to a meet a couple of Denver bloggers who were also younger! I thought they were very nice too!!’
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

July 10, 2017 / 2:35 pm

It’s fun to meet people who have similar interests but are from different generations. So many similarities, but lots of differences, I noticed, too.
      Thanks for stopping by! xo

2. July 10, 2017 / 1:05 pm

I’m new to blogging but have an interior design and home renovation blog in Sonoma County. How does one fine blogging groups and retreats in this area?

July 10, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Hi Sandy,
      I have been blogging for 7 years and this is the first time I’ve been able to find more than one or two bloggers to interact with. It is such a treat to meet other bloggers and influencers!
      Would you like to come to a future event? I didn’t put the group together so I will need to put you in touch with the person who organized it, which I am happy to do. Send me a note at [email protected] if you like!

3. July 10, 2017 / 7:30 pm

This sounds like such a fun event! All the pictures are so good! Your photography skills show! I really love this dress. I’ve been drawn to that length a lot lately and need to add it to my closet. I bet the black is amazing too! I live in a town of a few 100 people. No bloggers. I need to reach out to nearby Boise though I bet there are some there. Peace!

Cheryl

4. July 10, 2017 / 9:00 pm

Adrienne, I haven’t stopped by in a while but as usual your blog doesn’t disappoint. I love the breezy Californian sort of country vibe of the midi dress and how you styled it with flat sandals. That red leather choker is great. This outfit is fantastic for a bogging wine event which is 100% my cup of tea. Love all your amazing photos too. The gift bags are cute.

I run a style linkup on Thursdays and I’d love for you to join it and share your awesome style with all of my readers. Thanks. Hope to see you there.

Ada =)

July 11, 2017 / 5:32 am

You look adorable – love the dress and smart that you bought it in two colors. I have a feeling it’s going to be a long, hot summer. Sandals are great too.