Today I am starting a new weekly series called Seven for Saturday. I always have things on my mind that I want to share but more often than not, don’t get around to telling you about them. So I thought I’d put together a list of those things – just 7 of them – in a blog post once a week on Saturdays and call it….
7 for Saturday
1 – Stella Carakasi has moved to a new location several blocks away from their Stella Studio in Berkeley. This Fourth Street address will give them so much more visibility and foot traffic. Read all about their new digs here. I am so excited for Stella and the entire team at Stella Carakasi and can’t wait to shop in their new boutique!
2 – We are already 8 days into July! How did that happen? I have been putting my calendar together for the month and see I have quite a few fun things coming up:
- Tomorrow I am going to a Wine Country influencer brunch with fellow local bloggers – many of whom I have never met – in Napa Valley tomorrow. We will be brunching a Lucy in Yountville, then visiting Silver Trident Winery, which I told you about in my previous post, for a wine reception.
- On July 15th, Bill and I will attend Wine Country to the Rescue at Trentadue. There are still tickets left for what’s sure to be a fun event for an important cause.
- I’m going to the July 18th Sonoma Stompers game where Ayesha Curry, who is brand partner with Sonoma-based ZÜPA NOMA, will be throwing out the first pitch. I hope to get the chance to meet her and I’m looking forward to trying all the ZÜPA NOMA flavors.
- Handmade Events’ Sonoma Pop-Up Dinner is happening on the 22nd. We have a big group this year! Instead of 8, we have 12 people in our party, and counting. I can hardly wait to find out where this year’s event will be held. Tickets are sold out for the Sonoma dinner, but check their website for upcoming events in cities across the country, including San Francisco. You can read about last year’s Pop-Up in this post.
- Bill and I head down to Southern California for another influencer event in late July at Pala Resort and Casino. I love a good road trip, especially in summertime, and can’t wait to meet some new-to-me California bloggers and influencers.
3 – Since getting my treadmill last December, I have improved my fitness markedly by using it about 150 minutes each week. Now I need to work on some other lifestyle adjustments – mainly my diet and my strength. Cheryl of Northwest Mountain Living & Style has a new section on her blog called Move it or Lose it. It’s just the inspiration I need. Check it out! She’s got a new post up today.
4 – You may recall me mentioning that my stepdaughter Tori and I were invited to the filming of a SCRAPS, a new TV series on FYI Network that puts the spotlight on America’s food waste crisis. Joel Gamoran, National Chef for Sur La Table, is the host of the show which is Executive produced by Katie Couric.
Joel teams up with local chefs across the country, showing viewers how to use many of those food scraps they usually toss. From shrimp shells and chicken fat to carrot tops and banana peels, you will be blown away by the creations Joel and his hosts come up with using food we usually toss.
This Sunday, July 9th, the Wine Country episode airs on FYI at 10:30 pm. Tori and I may – or may not – be in it. I hope you’ll tune in!
5 – I have been meaning to tell you about this one for a couple of months now. My esthetician, Karen of Hello Beautiful Skin in Santa Rosa, gave me two silicone makeup sponges to try. They’re commonly known as Silisponges. Have you seen these? They are makeup game-changers!
Here’s why I love them:
- Easy to keep clean and made with anti-microbial silicone
- Uses far less makeup, cream, serum, cream blush, etc.
- It feels good on my skin, especially when I keep it in the freezer
- Gives me even coverage
- Presses the makeup into my pores much better than using my fingers or a regular sponge
- I can easily mix foundation shades on the sponge
6 – I am happy to say, that after a way-too-long hiatus from reading for pleasure, I am back to having my nose in a novel most days. I have read The Wonder, The Marriage Lie recently, and am now onto The Couple Next Door. Without going into too much detail, I liked The Wonder – an 8 out of 10 – and was just meh about The Marriage Lie, giving it a 6 out of 10. Have you read any of these three novels? If so, I’d like to know what you think.
7 – This weekend, I’ll be working on How I Wear My: Embellishment. If you’d like to participate this month, send in your outfit photo featuring something with embellishments, and a description of your look which will be quoted in the posts, to email@example.com by the end of the day on July 1oth. The posts on my blog and Jill’s go live July 12th! Visit the How I Wear My page for more information.
I hope you like the new 7 for Saturday series. If there’s something on your mind you’d like to share, leave it in the comments!