Flowery Additions to my Spring Wardrobe

Flowery Additions to my Spring Wardrobe

It may not feel like spring yet where you live but rest assured, spring is on its way! While I like winter clothing I also adore the light, breezy and often colorful and fun fashions the spring season offers. Today I am showing you a couple of flowery additions to my spring wardrobe from Soft Surroundings.

Both are feminine and flirty pieces made with lighter weight fabrics, which make them ideal for our anticipated warmer temperatures.

The first piece, a dress, has more subtle floral design while the second is bursting with vibrant flowery beauty!

Calli Crinkle Dress from Soft Surroundings

The moment I saw this embroidered blush dress with an empire waist on the Soft Surroundings site, I knew I had to have it. I love the soft pink color and floral embroidery.

It’s a boho, peasant-style dress so I decided it needed a cool boho hat. I wore my favorite one from Montecristi Panama Hats in Napa Valley. For footwear, I chose taupe peep-toe booties with a heel (similar).

This dress has two side pockets – I always appreciate a dress with pockets – and it fastens at the bust with hook and eye closures. The 3/4 length sleeves have an elastic hem and can easily be pushed up if you prefer.

I feel so confident in this dress. I find the vertical embroidery flattering and the structure allows me to conceal some of my middle-aged mid-section and I think the length is perfect.

My new dress will be getting lots of wear this spring and summer!

Meadow Shirt from Soft Surroundings

The second piece I selected from the spring collection at Soft Surroundings is the Meadow Shirt. This shirt just makes me happy, it’s so vibrant and colorful!

What I like most about this shirt is its color palate – it’s bright, fun and spring-y. The front and back shoulder area is embroidered while the back panel is a rose printed fabric.

This shirt is made with lightweight material and has princess seams in the front and a high-low hem. The metal buttons are a lovely detail. I am especially fond of the blue crystal button at the top.

You can leave the sleeves long or roll them up and secure with the button tab.

My new shirt looks great with jeans or you could wear ankle pants or thick leggings too. I styled my shirt with Gap jeans (similar), off-white booties, my favorite hat and a Neverfull GM tote from Louis Vuitton.

The Meadow Shirt is full of fun, colorful personality. It’s sure to be a conversation starter.

Shop the Looks

I am so thrilled to learn that Soft Surroundings is opening a store in Santa Rosa this spring! The space is located in Montgomery Village and will open sometime in the next couple of months. I can’t wait to shop Soft Surroundings in person!

Disclosure: The Calli Crinkle Dress and Meadow Shirt were given to me by Soft Surroundings in exchange for my review. Affiliate links have been used in this post. Clicking on them may result in my earning small commissions but has no impact on the prices of the products. All opinions expressed here are my own, as always.

1. March 5, 2018 / 11:58 am

Lovely choices and you have added your personal touch with your accessories.

Author
      March 5, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Thank you, Leslie! The shirt doesn’t need much in the way of accessorizing. It’s got enough interest and color, I think!
      Thanks so much for stopping by today.
      A

2. March 5, 2018 / 1:45 pm

LOVE SOFT SURROUNDINGS have been wearing their stuff for YEARS!!!!!!!!

Author
      March 6, 2018 / 7:19 am

Me too – I love that they carry some “Talls” too for us statuesque gals.
      I think they are going have a grand opening party (that I am trying to get an invite to). If they do, maybe you could come? I know it’s a long drive to Santa Rosa…but it would be so fun to get together! A

3. March 5, 2018 / 2:15 pm

That shirt is screaming my name and that dress looks super soft!

Author
      March 6, 2018 / 7:17 am

Hi Darlene! Nice to hear from you.
      The dress is so very soft – it’s really so comfortable! I love the shirt – it’s not really my normal style (I usually lean towards no prints and mostly neutral shades) so it’s fun and refreshing to have such a happy and colorful piece in my closet. I really don’t think you can be in a bad mood while wearing this shirt. It’s so cheery! Hope you are doing well in Las Vegas – my home town! A

4. KSL
    March 6, 2018 / 6:16 am

The shirt will look great with white jeans or linen pants in the summer too. Both look very soft and comfortable.

Author
      March 6, 2018 / 7:15 am

I agree! I just ordered some new white jeans yesterday – mine are too big (yay!). White jeans that fit and look good are hard to find. I hope these are going to work but it may take a bit more digging to find the right pair, you know?

5. Julie Russell
    March 6, 2018 / 8:44 pm

Love this embellished top! And, love Soft Surroundings. Some of my most frequently worn and most comfortable tops have come from them. I may have to order this one!!!

6. Julie Russell
    March 6, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Change that from ‘may have to order’ to ordered!

7. Rosemary
    March 10, 2018 / 9:27 am

Hi Adrienne… I’m so very late to the party here!! Both the dress and the top look really great on you as well as being easy to wear, I imagine. Such pretty prints … interesting mix on the top but this mix of prints seems very popular at the moment… Soft Surroundings sounds a great shop … the post set me off thinking about all the cute shops in Healdsburg and the warmth of the sun and what I wore while we were there! Seems crazy to realise it’s almost a year ago!!
    Rosemary

Author
      March 12, 2018 / 7:59 am

Prints – especially floral prints – do seem to be everywhere. I just added a few new dresses to my wardrobe that are printed. Two are florals. They area just so colorful and fun!
      I have my eye on a few more items from Soft Surroundings. I can’t wait for them to open their shop in Santa Rosa, only a 15 minute drive from my house. Yikes! That could be dangerous to my wallet!
      It’s already been a year since your visit to HBG? Wow! Time goes by way too fast.